Image Image Image Image

George Will on Wrigley Field

Black Watch
Bench Warmer
And1: 762

George Will on Wrigley Field 

Post#1 » by Black Watch » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:26 am

Black Watch and Hamyltowne, my former usernames, are tartan patterns. Nothing to do with any race or any city.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 764

Re: George Will on Wrigley Field 

Post#2 » by karch34 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:03 am

I remember that year or maybe it was half a season when Harry Carey was too ill to do the games and Will stepped in for one of them. I think he did the best job of all the replacements, even though Bill Murray was hilarious vs the Expos. "I think this anthem is just one sentence that they keep repeating!"
Black Watch
Bench Warmer
And1: 762

Post#3 » by Black Watch » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:58 am

karch34 wrote:I remember that year or maybe it was half a season when Harry Carey was too ill to do the games and Will stepped in for one of them. I think he did the best job of all the replacements, even though Bill Murray was hilarious vs the Expos. "I think this anthem is just one sentence that they keep repeating!"

Ha! Classic.

Did you know Will grew up halfway between St. Louis and Chicago? He chose to root for Chicago because, in the days before television, baseball was on the radio and Harry Caray was calling the Cardinals games. George Will couldn't stand his voice, so he chose Chicago. He says he eventually grew to love Caray, but still, the baseball gods were cruel to him on that one. They gave the Cardinals many World Series and they gave the Cubs the radio man he couldn't stand to listen to as a boy.
Black Watch and Hamyltowne, my former usernames, are tartan patterns. Nothing to do with any race or any city.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 764

Post#4 » by karch34 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:53 pm

That's wild. I didn't know his fandom was determined that way.

Return to Chicago Cubs