Hammers: bobcats Vs magic

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Hammers: bobcats Vs magic 

Post#1 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:33 pm

Will be unlocked after the game so everyone (magic fans too) can cast their votes.
B B M F 'ers
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#2 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:44 am

3-Wallace: Couldn't have won without his effort
2-Richardson: Tough call but b/c of the fts down the stretch.
1-Carroll:big shots, 2 blocks!
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#3 » by BigSlam » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:47 am

3 hammers - Crash.
Dude is out of his mind.

2 hammers - JSwish
Such a smart dude and crashed the boards hard

1 hammers - Hammer
Told you he was back!!

HM - Sam V....................for leaving McMinus on the pine for the 2nd half. He personally allowed Carlos look like a cross between Reggie Miller and Michael Jordan in the 1st half.
B B M F 'ers
fluffernutter
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#4 » by fluffernutter » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:49 am

This one is really easy.

Gold++: GWall. Lots of energy.
Silver: JRich. Doing it when it had to be done.
Bronze: MC. Excellent shooting, scrappy defense, good rebounding. I don't think we get a lot worse on defense, actually, when he's in (depending on the matchup, I suppose).
SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#5 » by SamBone » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:58 am

3- Crash : took a ton of shots with poor%, Horible from 3, but was great with his FT's. He is the man, just think he forces way too many poor shots

2- Hammer: he's back

1- JRich: clutch 3's down the stretch and his super clutch 4 FT's were great!
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:00 am

I almost gave MC 2 hammers instead of 1, but in the end those freebies by JSwish were tooclutch
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#7 » by spectre_ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:01 am

BigSlam wrote:3 hammers - Crash.
Dude is out of his mind.

2 hammers - JSwish
Such a smart dude and crashed the boards hard

1 hammers - Hammer
Told you he was back!!

The Orlando announcers said that "He is playing better, and the whole team is playing better since he went back to playing at his natural position".

Maybe...I think it was more we went from playing 4 v 5 to 5 v 5. Felton didn't have a very good game, but the flow was much better.

I'd have like to have seen a least a little bit of Nazr + Mek...don't think it happened once did it? I realize they play small too, but just for the heck of it?

Great comeback...very proud of the team. Crash is my hero.

Best quote of the gamethread:

BigSlam wrote:All Crash has to do is start wearing his underwear on the outside and he will offically be a super hero.

And it's absolutely true! :D
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:05 am

Game Thread Quote of the Night thread, do it!
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#9 » by Rich4114 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:13 am

G: Wallace - this guy is on a tear, it's like he saw what J-Rich was doing and wanted in.
S: J-Rich - Streaky sometimes, but he has been coming up huge hitting some big shots lately down the stretch of games to help us win.
B: Hammer - Some big shots by carroll, but his biggest play of the game was the touch pass to J-Rich for that killer 3.

HM: Felton - we took control of the game once they yanked Mcinnis and let Felton run the team. There were a lot of big plays that started by him penetrating and finding the open shooter.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Bowens » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:15 am

3 - Crash

2 - Carroll

1 - Richardson

Gerald Wallace you are now officially a SUPERstar!!! OMG what a performance in a game we had no business winning. This game was won in the third quarter because Crash was all over the court. He alone drew 6 fouls on Magic players in that quarter after we TRAILED by 19 and he grabbed rebound after rebound on both ends and got into the paint at will. When you thought DH was in position to get the board, in comes Crash and next thing you know it, we're heading up the floor with the ball in our hands. Again and again. What a performance and we're seeing greatness emerge from this guy. Yes he is an all star.

Gerald Wallace :love:

Matt Carroll - Funny how whenever I seem to kill someone, they suddenly emerge from their coma and come alive. Past 2 games Carroll has come out of nowhere and is now doing what he's getting paid to do. Come off the bench and hit clutch shots, BUT most importantly, you keep Jeffy McMinus on the bench! You deserve a hammer just for that! Third quarter you hit some BIG shots and helped get us back in the game. Had 2 blocks also and 5 big rebounds. Good job dude.

JRich - LOVE that baseline cut, do it more! You and Crash have a nice chemistry going out there and again you hit some big shots and MOST importantly, you made 4 clutch free throws at the end!! Wow! One thing I do want to point out is that you are slow getting back in transition which led to some easy Magic baskets in the first half. Work on that and think defense! You can do it kid! Anyway, good job tonight!

Raymond Raymond Raymond I don't know what to say. Pretty much a no-show in the first half, didn't even know you were on the court. Second half was much better and yes I know, SV and McMinus crimps your style. But you need to come out with some more passion and show you want to lead this team from the opening tap to the end of the game. Stop deferring and get aggressive from the start! Mediocre performance by you but stepped up play when we needed it the most so you deserve kudos for that.

Okafor - The bottom line is you looked like a little boy against men. DH owned your lame ass and thoroughly dominated you in every facet of the game. The only thing that saved you was the Magic for some inexplicable reason stopped going to their meal ticket and settled instead for outside shots. Believe me, it was nothing you were doing which caused this. And even the Magic announcers said you looked gassed........2 minutes into the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Magic announcers were making fun of you all game long! And they were right!

It's time fellas, time to start shopping Jokafor around. Get this bum out of here.

Nazr - Meh you were ok, nothing special but at least you didn't get embarrassed like Jokafor did.

All in all I would have to say that I am shocked we won this game. Thanks to Crash and his unbelievable heroics along with some clutch shots by JRich and Carroll we snuck this one out.

But, lets not overlook one important thing. Free throws. It's something I've been harping on all year long. We made 21-24 free throws and IMO, in a game we had no business being in, hitting those free throws made all the difference in the end.

McMinus :roll:
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#11 » by BigSlam » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:21 am

Bowens wrote:Okafor - The bottom line is you looked like a little boy against men. DH owned your lame ass and thoroughly dominated you in every facet of the game. The only thing that saved you was the Magic for some inexplicable reason stopped going to their meal ticket and settled instead for outside shots. Believe me, it was nothing you were doing which caused this.

Well broken down Bowens, but you are kidding with this statement aren't you?

Agreed that EO50 was owned by D12 in the 1st qtr because EO50 continually gave up the lane and allowed D12 to waltz down the middle and dunk at will.

But the reason - the ONLY reason - they stopped going to D12 in the 2nd half was because EO50 was sealing off and not allowing the pass to come into D12. He bodies right up to him and started being accountable.

The only time that changed was when Nazzy was in and they ran that pick and roll a few times. Luckily D12 had gone cold by that stage.

I thought EO50 did a bang up job in the 2nd half.

But you saw the game the way you saw it and I saw it the way I saw it and we can leave it at that.
B B M F 'ers
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:27 am

Yea, DO NOT QUESTION BOWENS, it will only end in stupidity.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#13 » by Bowens » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:32 am

BigSlam wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well broken down Bowens, but you are kidding with this statement aren't you?

Agreed that EO50 was owned by D12 in the 1st qtr because EO50 continually gave up the lane and allowed D12 to waltz down the middle and dunk at will.

But the reason - the ONLY reason - they stopped going to D12 in the 2nd half was because EO50 was sealing off and not allowing the pass to come into D12. He bodies right up to him and started being accountable.

The only time that changed was when Nazzy was in and they ran that pick and roll a few times. Luckily D12 had gone cold by that stage.

I thought EO50 did a bang up job in the 2nd half.

But you saw the game the way you saw it and I saw it the way I saw it and we can leave it at that.

No I'm not kidding. How many times did we see DH toss Mek aside and grab rebounds? All game long, not just the first quarter. And if not for Crash sneaking in under the hoop to grab boards Mek should have gotten, Howard would have gotten those too! The only reason why Mek was able to contribute (a tiny bit) in this game is because the Magic were so worried and preoccupied over Crash, that just about anyone on our team who showed initiative, could have made some plays.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#14 » by Bowens » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:33 am

Walt Cronkite wrote:Yea, DO NOT QUESTION BOWENS, it will only end in stupidity.

Oh look, Walt Clown-kite is back. :clown:
DaBassSource
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#15 » by DaBassSource » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:45 am

3 - Crash when will he start getting props from the NBA know it alls...
2 - J-Rich can anyone doubt this guy ....
1 - Hammer ... Sorry MC I was about to stop calling you Hammer just a few games ago... I take it back...Keep it up.....

At the beginning of the game Ray looked like McMinus's little brother...not doing anything of value and letting McMinus run his slowdown crawl of an offense....

If Mek would just bring some energy from the tip off he could over come some of his short comings...that dunk was pretty athletic would love to see more of it....
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#16 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:25 am

Going from what I can go on...

1: Gerald - should be an all-star... 14 rebounds is excellent... 8 three point attempts, though? Got a bit too confident from the last game, I think.
2: J-Rich - continues to be in form and more up to expectations in the the last few weeks
3: Carroll - solid simplicity! And the two blocks are cool, shows his hustle

Unfortunate to read Okafor had a mediocre game, but at least he contributed significantly on defense. That doesn't show up in the stat sheet.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#17 » by SamBone » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:30 am

Bowens wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh look, Walt Clown-kite is back. :clown:

now that made me laugh. That may be the quote of the night!
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#18 » by Bowens » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:48 am

Ballings7 wrote:Going from what I can go on...

1: Gerald - should be an all-star... 14 rebounds is excellent... 8 three point attempts, though? Got a bit too confident from the last game, I think.
2: J-Rich - continues to be in form and more up to expectations in the the last few weeks
3: Carroll - solid simplicity! And the two blocks are cool, shows his hustle

Unfortunate to read Okafor had a mediocre game, but at least he contributed significantly on defense. That doesn't show up in the stat sheet.

:o :o :o :o :o :o
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:49 am

Thanks, really feeling the love. Guess I should just not post here.

And at least I don't have a busted avatar AND signature, even after the guy that created both of them made a step by step diagram for me so that wouldn't be the case.

The internet, wild stuff!!
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#20 » by Bowens » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:58 am

Walt Cronkite wrote:Thanks, really feeling the love. Guess I should just not post here.

And at least I don't have a busted avatar AND signature, even after the guy that created both of them made a step by step diagram for me so that wouldn't be the case.

The internet, wild stuff!!

Relax Walt.

EVERYONE here picks on me, and you know what? I don't give a sh*t.

Return to Charlotte Hornets