New Signing - Could be Chris Andersen

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Re: New Signing 

Post#201 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:34 pm

APRIL FOOLS!
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#202 » by midranger » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:35 pm

LOL @ another of these threads. Wichmae, you devil.

Anyway, I still don't see why everyone hates Kwame as a backup 4-5. He a solid post defender who runs away from shots. Who cares that he was the #1 pick. We didn't waste it on him.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#203 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:37 pm

emunney wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Birdman would be very uninspiring.

When we agree, we really agree. That said, at least the Birdman can get on the glass and contest some shots. Unlike Haislip. If this is anything other than a vet min deal, though, Color Me Confusedd.

My biggest issue with him is that he's only 230 pounds. On our bench in the frontcourt right now, we really need a big, strong, banger type player that can come in and keep bigger PF/C's away from the basket. We already have a good amount of athleticism in the frontcourt with Jefferson, Alexander, Villanueva, and Mbah a Moute, we need someone who can backup both PF/C that has some legit size/strength. That is why I think Kwame is a damn nice fit.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#204 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:37 pm

Lol, this is almost as exciting as listening to the Brett Favre soap opera. Just out of curiosity, is a whole bunch of speculation = speculum?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,777

Post#205 » by Ayt » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:42 pm

Dwight Howard?
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#206 » by jerrod » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:44 pm

who knows what andersen can and can't do now. he barely got any playing time after his comeback last season and apparently the hornets weren't in too much of a hurry to sign him
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#207 » by andonewheel » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:46 pm

SlideRuleJockey wrote:I think we all may be getting hung up on UFA or RFA. The Thread Title is "New Signing".

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't offer sheets need to be signed, as well as contracts?

I still think it is Craig Smith, based on the evidence presented on this board.

BTW, what has Anderson or 'slip done against the Bucks?

You may be on the right track- perhaps it's Andrew Bogut signing lol

And the part about having success against the Bucks was a sarcastic post mocking how incredibly vague the original post was.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#208 » by bigkurty » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:48 pm

midranger wrote:LOL @ another of these threads. Wichmae, you devil.

Haha I know right? So one of these day I think I am just going to start a thread, title it "Blockbuster" and then as my post say something like "we are swapping one of our larger contract players and filler for another big contract player. Think potential superstar."

That thread would go crazy if people believed me. Who would we be trading? Redd, RJ, Mo, Bogut. What would be the filler? Gadz, Des, Bell, Draft picks, etc. Who's the potential superstar? Does potential mean they are not a superstar yet but widely viewed to be one eventually or does it mean they are a superstar so potentially if the trade goes through we have a superstar? And what superstar players or potential superstar players would possibly be on the block? Man that would be a good post. Then I would feed you tidbits of info all day that mean nothing really but add to everyones excitement like when someone says McGrady, I could say, "think Bigger." What does Bigger mean then? Taller, better player, stronger, etc. Man I could get people going for days on this thing I bet. I am warning you all right now. I might pull this move someday. :D
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#209 » by DanoMac » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:53 pm

bigkurty wrote:

Haha I know right? So one of these day I think I am just going to start a thread, title it "Blockbuster" and then as my post say something like "we are swapping one of our larger contract players and filler for another big contract player. Think potential superstar."

That thread would go crazy if people believed me. Who would we be trading? Redd, RJ, Mo, Bogut. What would be the filler? Gadz, Des, Bell, Draft picks, etc. Who's the potential superstar? Does potential mean they are not a superstar yet but widely viewed to be one eventually or does it mean they are a superstar so potentially if the trade goes through we have a superstar? And what superstar players or potential superstar players would possibly be on the block? Man that would be a good post. Then I would feed you tidbits of info all day that mean nothing really but add to everyones excitement like when someone says McGrady, I could say, "think Bigger." What does Bigger mean then? Taller, better player, stronger, etc. Man I could get people going for days on this thing I bet. I am warning you all right now. I might pull this move someday. :D

The solid difference is, Wichmae actually does know what's going on behind the scenes. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm kind of proud we actually have an inside source here. I guess some of you would rather just be left in the complete dark about everything in the organization. To each their own I guess.
TripleDouble
Senior
And1: 19

Post#210 » by TripleDouble » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:54 pm

bigkurty wrote:

I don't think it would be a problem to get everyone to believe you once (as already evidenced on this board), but the real question should be how many times can you do it and get people to buy in. If you put in enough disclaimers giving you a way out like "unless they change their mind" I am sure you could do it a couple times - Whichmae is already on #2, you better start now if you want to catch up!
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#211 » by smooth 'lil balla » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:59 pm

bigkurty wrote:Haha I know right? So one of these day I think I am just going to start a thread, title it "Blockbuster" and then as my post say something like "we are swapping one of our larger contract players and filler for another big contract player. Think potential superstar."

This has been done in fact by a poster named Deep Throat, who was a total jacka$$. His prediction never came true.

Put me on board the camp that says why bother posting something's going to happen if you can't say it. It's just really stupid. It's wasted a ton of my time today, as i keep coming back to see who we signed.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#212 » by smauss » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:01 pm

This is a first for me! I never thought that I would ever, and I mean ever say this: Based upon the reading of the 14 pages of this thread and all the names thrown about, I would take comfort if this new player signed was Kwame Brown. I think I'm going to be sick..........
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#213 » by ClassicJack » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:02 pm

DannoMac20 wrote:
bigkurty wrote:

The solid difference is, Wichmae actually does know what's going on behind the scenes. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm kind of proud we actually have an inside source here. I guess some of you would rather just be left in the complete dark about everything in the organization. To each their own I guess.

But until you actually give names it's just like some random blind item gossip in Page 6. Until names can be mentioned it might be best to keep it to yourself. Especially if you give yourself an out in your very next post. I appreciate all of our sources but the trade thread during draft time and this one kind of bugs.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
TripleDouble
Senior
And1: 19

Post#214 » by TripleDouble » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:02 pm

DannoMac20 wrote:
bigkurty wrote:

IMO there is a difference between being left in the dark, and being given just enough light to wander off a cliff in the wrong direction.

Inside sources and rumors are great, but extreemly vaugue hints are pointless to me. To each their ownm, though.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#215 » by Simulack » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:06 pm

They should have added an "insider information ignore" feature to this board when they changed its format.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#216 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:08 pm

I appreciate the "info" as much as the next guy.

But unless this signing comes up soon or the name is revealed all this was, is one big "rooster-tease"....if you know what I mean.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#217 » by cam2win » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:09 pm

*** edit ***

Wichmae follows my rant with actual names making my complaining irrelevant. I take back what I said.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#218 » by wichmae » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:10 pm

With a little further investigation I feel comfortable posting this:

Its Chris Anderson. He was in town recently on a visit and met with some people. Apparently there was a misunderstanding in my original attempts to find out this. He was not yet offered a contract but still I guess is being discussed. Those of you who actually wanted to know now know.

It I guess was a two year deal being discussed but nothing is imminent. I also know Marcus Haislip is another guy alot of teams are looking at including us. We will see over the next week which way things go with Anderson. I was wrong he has not apparently been offered a contract as of yet. I thought he was last night.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#219 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:11 pm

I'm praying you're wrong wichmae. A 230 pound PF/C does nothing for me.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#220 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:12 pm

wichmae wrote:With a little further investigation I feel comfortable posting this:

Its Chris Anderson. He was in town recently on a visit and met with some people. Apparently there was a misunderstanding in my original attempts to find out this. He was not yet offered a contract but still I guess is being discussed. Those of you who actually wanted to know now know.

It I guess was a two year deal being discussed but nothing is imminent. I also know Marcus Haislip is another guy alot of teams are looking at including us. We will see over the next week which way things go with Anderson. I was wrong he has not apparently been offered a contract as of yet. I thought he was last night.

Props for owning up wichmae

I would like Chris Anderson, but I have a feeling Hammond doesn't want him guaranteed for more than one year.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks