ImageImage

Bucks Jazz Postgame

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Re: Bucks Jazz Postgame 

Post#61 » by msiris » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:43 pm

trwi7 wrote:Max Green is wearing a Santa hat and reading 'Twas the Night before Christmas in case any of you care. :)
So that's why he had only 29 points on 25 shots. :D
Ride the tank
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,371

Post#62 » by trwi7 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:47 pm

msiris wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Max Green is wearing a Santa hat and reading 'Twas the Night before Christmas in case any of you care. :)
So that's why he had only 29 points on 25 shots. :D

27 points. :D
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#63 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:07 pm

So a little more about my night - I got to meet a few realgm'ers at the Bucks holiday party, and they were raffling off door prizes, which included an awful lot of draft hats, Bucks China games hats, and Charlie Bell shirts. Eventually I lost my focus and missed them calling my number. Since nobody was walking up to claim the prize, Steinmiller was probably about to draw another number. Luckily FAM and my wife figured it out for me, and I bounced up to go grab whatever it was that I just won.

Once I got close to the stage, I saw Hammond holding an envelope to give me, and knew it must be tickets. I thought odds were good that it was for some game other than last night's, which would have been unfortunate since I don't live in town. Everything worked out so perfectly - tickets were $751 face value each, so for the two of us, each minute of game time was worth $31... which is about what I paid for the pair of tickets that I had brought to the game.

Seeing the game from that close was amazing. I could see the emotion on players' faces. Saw despair on Bell's face as he took a bad step and knew that he was injured. Saw DWilliams laugh to himself when he faked a pass that nobody fell for. Was surprising to see the force that Ridnour and Williams collided with on a few occasions bringing the ball up the court - would have knocked me over. I heard all the plays called - they ran play number two a few times, and also play number one. Sloan called play 22 once, and then they took it at Redd.

I could hear the ref's and players talking - the one said to RJ "No Richard, you took his legs out," after that foul call that had the fans booing.

There was a dead spot on the floor right by me that nobody dribbled on, but you could hear the thud when they stepped on it.

And that's all I can remember right now.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#64 » by bigkurty » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:07 pm

Thats cool. When GAD and I were down at the court side baseline seats, I remember telling him that I was disappointed that I couldn't hear the players conversing since it was too loud that game and the on court conversations didn't seem to carry over there. It sounds like I need get some more court side seat where you were, haha. GAD, any more parties coming up? Can you take care of that Dan, haha?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#65 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:07 pm

adamcz wrote:Once I got close to the stage, I saw Hammond holding an envelope to give me

Two things came to mind as I read that......

-Awesome that an out of town RealGm diehard won that prize.

-I hope you hung onto the envelope. I'd doubt any of our insiders have shook hands with Hammond ever. It is clear to me he has provided you with some insider secrets imbedded on that envelope. If you can find Ralphie's Ovaltine decoder, no question clues to the future Michael Redd trade can be found. 8-)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#66 » by fam3381 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:33 pm

Adam, thanks for that picture...it's now been BrewHooped:

http://www.brewhoop.com/2008/12/24/7015 ... econciliat
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#67 » by bigkurty » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:17 pm

fam3381 wrote:Adam, thanks for that picture...it's now been BrewHooped:

http://www.brewhoop.com/2008/12/24/7015 ... econciliat

Nice article. It's funny how things work out. 9 months ago Kohl supposedly wanted us to get arrested while we protested at the exits and now he takes pictures with us and we are really starting to love our team again. Its amazing what a little direction and winning will do. Of course killing us with kindness and having our members win court side seats not once, but twice sure doesn't hurt either.
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#68 » by bayrdbandit » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:46 pm

adamcz wrote:So a little more about my night - I got to meet a few realgm'ers at the Bucks holiday party, and they were raffling off door prizes, which included an awful lot of draft hats, Bucks China games hats, and Charlie Bell shirts. Eventually I lost my focus and missed them calling my number. Since nobody was walking up to claim the prize, Steinmiller was probably about to draw another number. Luckily FAM and my wife figured it out for me, and I bounced up to go grab whatever it was that I just won.

Once I got close to the stage, I saw Hammond holding an envelope to give me, and knew it must be tickets. I thought odds were good that it was for some game other than last night's, which would have been unfortunate since I don't live in town. Everything worked out so perfectly - tickets were $751 face value each, so for the two of us, each minute of game time was worth $31... which is about what I paid for the pair of tickets that I had brought to the game.

Seeing the game from that close was amazing. I could see the emotion on players' faces. Saw despair on Bell's face as he took a bad step and knew that he was injured. Saw DWilliams laugh to himself when he faked a pass that nobody fell for. Was surprising to see the force that Ridnour and Williams collided with on a few occasions bringing the ball up the court - would have knocked me over. I heard all the plays called - they ran play number two a few times, and also play number one. Sloan called play 22 once, and then they took it at Redd.

I could hear the ref's and players talking - the one said to RJ "No Richard, you took his legs out," after that foul call that had the fans booing.

There was a dead spot on the floor right by me that nobody dribbled on, but you could hear the thud when they stepped on it.

And that's all I can remember right now.

when i grow up, i want to be adamcz. :D
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#69 » by Nowak008 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:16 am

Good to meet you Adam. I'm glad to see that you were on fire at the banquet! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I hope that I helped you get lucky after your wife took that shot I bought you. She for sure champed those 2.

That banquet was really a great deal. Unlimited beer and food for 15 bucks. Can't beat that.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#70 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:44 am

Nowak008 wrote:Good to meet you Adam. I'm glad to see that you were on fire at the banquet! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I hope that I helped you get lucky after your wife took that shot I bought you. She for sure champed those 2.

BuckFan25226 wants to know why those shots weren't 151 shots? :lol:

Nowak008 wrote:That banquet was really a great deal. Unlimited beer and food for 15 bucks. Can't beat that.

Don't jip yourself out of a buck. It was $14, and not only did you get the unlimited beer (or wine, or soda) but the unlimited food was a pretty damn good dinner buffet, I must say. That was good food. I kind of wish I had eaten even more of it, but that priority went out the window after a number of beers in short succession. I did still manage to eat a very respectable portion of the food they were serving. I didn't have any dessert, but I abstain from dessert 99% of the time anyway.

And only somewhere drinking with you would my manhood be questioned after I had already drank 4 large beers in an hour and a half :)
I managed to squeeze in another and then split one with Blue Jeep to bring me up to 5½ total but you definitely still outdrank me there. You at least had 6 total. You didn't have 7, did you? That would explain a lot :lol:

Also, those shots of chartreuse were such a terrible idea, especially after I had another 5 beers at Bootleggers, and as a result I was messed up until like 6am the next morning.
I had never even heard of that shot until then. It tasted like some combination, of black pepper, cinnamon, rubbing alcohol, and something terrible.

I have since checked it out, and those shots were naturally green liqueur flavored with extracts from 130 plants with its coloring coming from chlorophyll, at 110 proof.
Then again, you did ask that bartender for the worst shots he could think of, so I guess he came through for you there...
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#71 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:53 pm

I was the MVP of this game

Return to Milwaukee Bucks