Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Pistons Postgame: Where Ben Gordon 4pt play happens

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Re: Bulls Pistons Postgame: Where Ben gordon happens 

Post#21 » by coldfish » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:34 am

Player of the game: Tyrus Thomas. IMO, this was a "big" game that I have been saying Tyrus has not had. Beyond just the stats, I loved how he was sprinting the court regularly. Color me impressed.

Goat: Luol Deng. This is now two horrible games in a row. He deserves all the blame for them because he has stopped moving AGAIN without the ball. This is the same crap he did for the first month of the season. He is playing lazy and whatever grief he gets, he deserves.
cocktailswith_2short
Head Coach
And1: 78

Re: Bulls Pistons Postgame: Where Ben Gordon 4pt play happens 

Post#22 » by cocktailswith_2short » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:34 am

Im happy with Tyrus or Amare after this game . Tyrus is going to be really really really good .
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#23 » by sdeezy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:34 am

whoa..Rose got a concussion?..what happened?
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#24 » by DJhitek » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:34 am

The obvious can be overstated, but Tyrus is playing some fantastic basketball right now.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#25 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 am

sdeezy wrote:whoa..Rose got a concussion?..what happened?

Looked like he was poked in his eye.
Slip7
Veteran
And1: 69

Post#26 » by Slip7 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 am

Great
red kerr and having a great ceremoney for him

good
rose
tyrus
noah
bg's 4 point play

bad
deng-this dude is so mentally weak he is distracted by other people being in trade rumors

once again tyrus with a great game tho, which is most important and not because of the trade value hes building, but because hes becoming a game changer
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#27 » by Posey H8er » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 am

loose_caboose wrote:You reckon Rose will be alright? He looked really shaken up.

Hopefully it is nothing serious. I thought he either got the wind knocked out of him or hurt his nose/forehead. I'm not too worried because it isn't a lower body injury that could keep him out for an extended period of time.
bdiddy04
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#28 » by bdiddy04 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 am

I've hated on Tyrus, but he showed what Pax saw when he traded LMA for him. He had a bad game shooting,but if he plays hard he can contribute in so many ways. If he and Noah realize that along with Noah dedicating himself in the offseason, there are endless posibilities with the youth of this team. They just need a legitimate scorer to compliment Gordon. Ding are you listening?
Luol Deng's contract is a cancer eating at the Bulls.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#29 » by theanimal23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 am

Deng for Amare....please.

Amare/Tyrus up front would be great. And Noah as the backup big.

Amare has all the offense we need, Tyrus would be fine, and Noah would do what he did tonight.

Guys that need to go due to low ceiling, regressions, and horrible deals:
kirk, hughes, noce, and deng.
Bankshot
Senior
And1: 176

Post#30 » by Bankshot » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 am

Rose was definately fouled by Wallace on that last drive when he got his own rebound, ref just swallowed the whistle.
bg0723
Junior

Post#31 » by bg0723 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 am

Wow is anyone seeing Payton and Webber talking about Rose??? They are CLOWNING him.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#32 » by BrooklynBulls » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 am

Ben Gordon is a bundle of muscle and clutch. That's all he's made of. Drink BG7 energy drink, you'll grow a pair of balls on your balls.

Derrick Rose might be faster than fire. Think about it. Has Derrick Rose ever even been on fire? Makes you think.

Tyrus Thomas is proof that there is a god, and that he is Tyrus Thomas.

Joakim Noah would make an awesome janitor, because he makes messes disappear, and he looks creepy while not actually being so.

Andres Nocioni would make a good janitor, because he certainly isn't a good basketball player.
Ajosu
Head Coach
And1: 103

Post#33 » by Ajosu » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:36 am

I didn't see the game till the 4th quarter, and we were down 13 i think. Hell of a comeback.

Based on 4th quarter alone:

Good - Rose, Tyrus, Gordon, Noah

Not so good - Nocioni, who just let Prince go right around him.

Hope Both Kerr's were watching this game! Go Bulls!
Bluewaterheaven
Assistant Coach
And1: 664

Post#34 » by Bluewaterheaven » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:36 am

TT now Averaging 9.7 PPG and 6.0 RPG
Rose now Averaging 17.0 PPG and 6.3 APG
Unknown wrote:Dwarves laugh when they run because the grass tickles their balls.
Balance-a-Bull
Bench Warmer
And1: 2
Location: Somewhere angry and lost in the Bulls brass psyche, where offense is an afterthought

Post#35 » by Balance-a-Bull » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:36 am

Ben" Mr. clutch" Gordon sealed the deal for a good comeback by the team.

Great win!
A plea for post scoring is a plausible Bulls plan, but plainly isn't a priority. In response to a post player's dismay about his lack of points in the paint, Paxson said.... "I'm not nearly as concerned about the offensive stuff as he is."
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#36 » by Rerisen » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:36 am

Very entertaining game. Great finish. Can't say I'm all giddy because we came back from looking totally lousy most of the game to beat a sinking Detroit team. We should have controlled this one from the get go.

Nice game from Tyrus. I thought his early stats were a bit hollow considering how we were getting beat like a drum, but he really came on with some big plays and energy in the 4th quarter and it made a difference.

Noah, nice job rebounding. We were down most of the night in this category but ended up ahead.

Ben Gordon. Up and down game, 5 turnovers. But this team absolutely needs his scoring regardless. If he is gone next year, Amare Stoudemire better damn well be in a Bulls jersey. And of course, the game winner clutch three and foul. I want to see Rose more aware of any wide open shooters, not just Ben, when he makes those final frantic drives to end games.

Rose for himself, very efficient, a couple of dazzling drives as usual and made the big pass at the end. Hope he isn't hurt.

Deng. Where did you go?

Noc, was 5-6 tonight, got thumped on defense several times.

Nice win on Johnny Red Kerr night. We pulled it out after looking pretty lifeless for a lot of the game.
Flight 23
Banned User

Post#37 » by Flight 23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:37 am

This is the first big shot Gordon has been allowed to take all year.

Rose on the other hand is 0-7 or 0-8 in potential game winners and those misfires have resulted in 4 or 5 lost games.

Rose arguably opened Gordon up in this one, so I'll give credit for the good assist.
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#38 » by sdeezy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:38 am

bg0723 wrote:Wow is anyone seeing Payton and Webber talking about Rose??? They are CLOWNING him.

what r they saying?
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
DakMan
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#39 » by DakMan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:38 am

Finish of the year... Playoff intensity from our guys late in the 4th. Thanks for everything, Red. God Bless.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,177

Re: Bulls Pistons Postgame: Where Ben gordon happens 

Post#40 » by AirP. » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:38 am

coldfish wrote:Player of the game: Tyrus Thomas. IMO, this was a "big" game that I have been saying Tyrus has not had. Beyond just the stats, I loved how he was sprinting the court regularly. Color me impressed.

Goat: Luol Deng. This is now two horrible games in a row. He deserves all the blame for them because he has stopped moving AGAIN without the ball. This is the same crap he did for the first month of the season. He is playing lazy and whatever grief he gets, he deserves.

With him not getting jerked around with minutes I think Tyrus is starting to really starting to really feel a part of the team and is now showing some pride in his play on the court. A couple more years and he could be a monster in this league on a nightly basis... if not sooner.

Return to Chicago Bulls