ImageImageImage

Game 30: Denver Nuggets (20-9) @ Portland Blazers (19-12)

Moderator: THE J0KER

Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Re: Game 30: Denver Nuggets (20-9) @ Portland Blazers (19-12) 

Post#21 » by Powder Blue » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:10 am

AC and TY combined...7 pts and 1 assist in 36 minutes...that's disgusting.
SnakefromHell
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by SnakefromHell » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:10 am

This team is lacking competitive spirit, with the exception of Melo.

Once they get down, although they seem to know they can chase and win, they seem to lose interest in doing just that.

Ty needs to find how he can be effective... God damn we can get Julius Hodge or Nikoloz Tskitishvili to just bring the ball up on a rookie contract. Use your God damm asset, speed! Break down that defense.

Merry Christmas everyone ! Congrats Portland on a good win.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#23 » by Powder Blue » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:12 am

SnakefromHell wrote:

Ty needs to find how he can be effective... God damn we can get Julius Hodge or Nikoloz Tskitishvili to just bring the ball up on a rookie contract. Use your God damm asset, speed! Break down that defense.

Very well put, he can't be tentative when he's being asked to lead the offense with Billups down.
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#24 » by SnakefromHell » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:21 am

In fairness to Lawson, he seemed to try but the problem was once he found out he's out of sync, he stopped asserting himself in the offense... keep moving, find cracks, make give and go plays, always ready to blast off when we get a defensive rebound... but he doesn't.

I don't really like J.R.'s body language... that looks like someone who has a lot of sex in the past week lol... low energy.

Other than that, I don't know what to complain, we lost mostly on defensive rotation, but I thought we played generally well to win, we just didn't and they were hot. Roy carried them and Blake finished us off.
KAVK
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#25 » by KAVK » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:33 am

Powder Blue wrote:
SnakefromHell wrote:

Very well put, he can't be tentative when he's being asked to lead the offense with Billups down.

100% Agreed!

This is what we get for Christmas?

It's all about our mindset! no kidding. Good lord! We just not wanting it more.

Nene is wearing my patience down.
George Karl !
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#26 » by corona » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:37 am

don't like it when melo handles the ball that much that far from the basket. screws up the whole flow of our offense.

and its very fitting that steve 'toe on the line' blake, who was passive and worthless from 3 against the spurs a couple years back....absolutely torches us in a 4th quarter to win a game.
eathy
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by eathy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:49 am

Chris Bosh anyone?
KAVK
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by KAVK » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:23 pm

I got a line for this road issues we got thus far.

Can do it but won't do it. :(

Gotta be careful with CB.

FO: Get that deal or can the deal with Karl. Getty up on this contract drama, the man is got to focus on the game rather than dreaming & thinking green on sideline damn it. He keeps saying it ain't going to affect the game but yall know when it comes to green paper it MATTERS :lol: Please please get Gortat. He will bring challenge to Nene's PT and the effort to man the post.

Melo needs to be a finisher not ball handler most of the time for the right systematic offense. He doing great but seems to be overhandling a ball bit. I am sure he will figure a way out.
George Karl !
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#29 » by pickaxe » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:22 am

Powder Blue wrote:AC and TY combined...7 pts and 1 assist in 36 minutes...that's disgusting.

Disgusting for sure. I'm disappointed with Ty, but I would still have rather had him working on his game out there than Carter.

put the ball in the basket like this
southnc
Rookie

Post#30 » by southnc » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:24 am

corona wrote:don't like it when melo handles the ball that much that far from the basket. screws up the whole flow of our offense.

and its very fitting that steve 'toe on the line' blake, who was passive and worthless from 3 against the spurs a couple years back....absolutely torches us in a 4th quarter to win a game.
Blake shot 50% from 3 in that series. He wasn't perfect, but he was not the reason Denver lost to the eventual NBA champs.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Re: Repeatedly leaving Brandon Roy completely unguarded 

Post#31 » by pickaxe » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:25 am

maxwellcu wrote:Is this some sort of coaching strategy - leaving the other team's best player who is on an incredibly hot shooting night - or are the players just kind of dumb?

They got ADD. We know they can play well, but they don't put it down on the floor for the full 48. Lapses, distractions, not realizing when it's time to make up ground or not lose ground...

put the ball in the basket like this
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#32 » by The Rebel » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:31 am

southnc wrote:
corona wrote:don't like it when melo handles the ball that much that far from the basket. screws up the whole flow of our offense.

Blake shot 50% from 3 in that series. He wasn't perfect, but he was not the reason Denver lost to the eventual NBA champs.

Your right Iverson was the primary reason the Nuggets lost that series, however Blake was worthless regardless of stats. He was deathly scared to take wide open shots throughout the game, not to mention the entire role he seemed to play was to bring the ball down, give it to Melo or AI, and then standing around at the top of the 3 point line with his thumb up his ass.
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#33 » by corona » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:30 am

southnc wrote:

he had 16 attempts in 5 games. considering the amount he was left open and how many minutes he played, he should have taken 30. he looked like he was about to piss himself every time he got the ball with an open look.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#34 » by PDXKnight » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:27 am

The Rebel wrote:Your right Iverson was the primary reason the Nuggets lost that series, however Blake was worthless regardless of stats. He was deathly scared to take wide open shots throughout the game, not to mention the entire role he seemed to play was to bring the ball down, give it to Melo or AI, and then standing around at the top of the 3 point line with his thumb up his ass.

As a Blazer fan, I'm with you on this one. Yes, he had a great game against Denver, but at times, he looks timid when he takes shots. Granted, I think he's less afraid to take shots now, but his form on his shot often looks off.
Teens On Acid
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Post#35 » by Teens On Acid » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:15 pm

got to watch this one..missed the hawks game..
thoughts...
rotation management was pretty awful in the 2nd half..why AC is in and Balk is on the bench in a tight game i don't know...corona i'm gonna have to disagree with you, i loved seeing Melo handle the ball, it showed me he wanted to take the game into his own hands. i saw good things happen when he was creating off the dribble and defence collapsed on him allowing him to let it go to the open man, which he did. open man didn't always connect though. i saw alot of sloppy play. literally yelling at every floater JR took. wondering where our point guards went. anybody seen nene recently? Kenyon's fire and aggressive attitude was awesome and i loved the way Bird played.

after every loss i always feel i come back to game management from the coaching staff...the right combination of players never seem to be in the game the times it matters most.

THAT's what frustrates me about this team/organisation.
balleramil
Banned User

Post#36 » by balleramil » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm

eathy wrote:Chris Bosh anyone?

Unless we are gettin melo we dont want anyone your team has to offer

Return to Denver Nuggets