58%

Total votes: 31

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Richard Jefferson vs. Lamar Odom 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:37 pm

Which is the better player?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,698

Post#2 » by Cowology » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:41 pm

Right now RJ is playing better. Dude is having an awesome year and Odom....not so much.

But for what it's worth I'd still rather have Odom. And it's not because I dislike RJ (I've said several times he's one of the few SF I'd actually trade Prince for), but I admittedly have a bit of a man crush on Odom. I just really like versatile players and Odoms ability to play either Forward position, rebound & handle the ball make me go all googly eyed. :oops:
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,746

Post#3 » by dockingsched » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:48 pm

richard jefferson is the better scorer by far. he can drive, occasionally post up, and has been pretty consistent all year. odom's scoring is anything but consistent. odom however is a more all-around player and his ability to play pf has high value. at sf, one obviously goes with jefferson, at pf, one obviously goes with odom. this year has shown that odom isn't nearly as effective at sf compared to pf. he completely struggled at the onset of the year due to injury and a position change. since his return to pf odom has been awesome. they're becoming less and less directly comparable. team need (sf or pf) overshadows everything.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Yangsing
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Yangsing » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:53 pm

RJ the better player.
Odom the better tackler.
enuggz
Starter
And1: 5

Post#5 » by enuggz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:54 pm

Give me Odom, RJ is improving quite a bit but I still see him as a product of Jason Kidd.
Bac2Basics wrote:*Documentary Voice*
The lockout affected them all a little differently, a couple of them went completely stark raving nuts.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#6 » by semi-sentient » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:30 pm

Cowology wrote:Right now RJ is playing better. Dude is having an awesome year and Odom....not so much.

But for what it's worth I'd still rather have Odom. And it's not because I dislike RJ (I've said several times he's one of the few SF I'd actually trade Prince for), but I admittedly have a bit of a man crush on Odom. I just really like versatile players and Odoms ability to play either Forward position, rebound & handle the ball make me go all googly eyed. :oops:

Odom can only play PF. We tried him at SF several times (including earlier this year) and he struggles mightily, although he claims that's his natural position and that he's more comfortable there.

As for who's better, right now it's RJ, but Odom is starting to pick up steam. Since moving to PF, he's put up 15.4 PTS (49% FG), 10.6 REB, and 3.0 AST, and I think we can continue seeing improvement as long as he doesn't lose his confidence -- again.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
jeremy1215
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#7 » by jeremy1215 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:35 pm

Richard Jefferson this season, But Lamar Odom will be better in the long run because of his style of play.
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#8 » by halfHAVOC » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:06 am

RJ this season.
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#9 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:11 am

RJ this season. Next season too. And the ones after that.
Pats19andO
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#10 » by Pats19andO » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:06 am

Yangsing wrote:RJ the better player.
Odom the better tackler.

:rofl:
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#11 » by KF10 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:09 am

Cowology wrote:Right now RJ is playing better. Dude is having an awesome year and Odom....not so much.

Off topic but I assume you like Chris Webber in his prime :D
Boogie-Boogz
Rookie
And1: 9

Post#12 » by Boogie-Boogz » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:38 am

I keep thinking that RJ couldn't be effective without Kidd for some reason. But no doubt RJ>Odum
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#13 » by TAI8 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:53 am

Richard Jefferson easily.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#14 » by Cowology » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:57 am

kingsfan10 wrote:Off topic but I assume you like Chris Webber in his prime :D
I got mad love for both CWebb & Vlade actually. I used to love watching the Kings play. I actually think they were more fun to watch than any of the current offensive power houses such as Phx.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#15 » by KF10 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:04 am

Cowology wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I got mad love for both CWebb & Vlade actually. I used to love watching the Kings play. I actually think they were more fun to watch than any of the current offensive power houses such as Phx.

Yeah, I love watching them in the past as well... IMO Webber/Vlade combo is probably the best big man passing combo in the NBA history...
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,573

Post#16 » by hermes » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:24 pm

rjeff
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#17 » by KF10 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:18 pm

U-Borat wrote:Also probably the worst defensive frontcourt in history. :lol:

Nah, that honor goes to Zach/Curry... :lol:
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#18 » by Cowology » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:47 pm

kingsfan10 wrote:Nah, that honor goes to Zach/Curry... :lol:
Oh snap!

To be fair the Kings were not as bad defensively as say....those same period Mavs. That was why the Kings always seemed to get the upper hand. In fact there was even one year ('03 maybe?)) where the Kings actually lead the league in defensive fg%. CWebb was never a great defender, but prior to his knee injuries he was at least servicable on most occasions. And Vlade defended (ie; flopped) Shaq as well as anybody lol. They also got solid play from the likes of BJax & Christie, but also had some good defensive role players off the bench; Keon Clark, Jim Jackson, Hedo, Pollard & Funderburk plus a very young Gerald Wallace. That team was ridiculously stacked.

You could make a good case for them being the best team not to win a championship in the past 10 years (although the 2000 Blazers were loaded as well). I think they were probably a fair bit better than at least 1 or 2 recent champions and if not for a bit of bad luck (or some might say bad officiating) they might all have rings on their fingers right now.

That was a great team.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#19 » by KF10 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:59 pm

Cowology wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh snap!

To be fair the Kings were not as bad defensively as say....those same period Mavs. That was why the Kings always seemed to get the upper hand. In fact there was even one year ('03 maybe?)) where the Kings actually lead the league in defensive fg%. CWebb was never a great defender, but prior to his knee injuries he was at least servicable on most occasions. And Vlade defended (ie; flopped) Shaq as well as anybody lol. They also got solid play from the likes of BJax & Christie, but also had some good defensive role players off the bench; Keon Clark, Jim Jackson, Hedo, Pollard & Funderburk plus a very young Gerald Wallace. That team was ridiculously stacked.

You could make a good case for them being the best team not to win a championship in the past 10 years (although the 2000 Blazers were loaded as well). I think they were probably a fair bit better than at least 1 or 2 recent champions and if not for a bit of bad luck (or some might say bad officiating) they might all have rings on their fingers right now.

That was a great team.

Agrees. The past Kings have BALANCE in their roster... Yeah, we lead the NBA in defensive %s in 02-03...We could be the best offensive team and as well as the defensive team... This team could have been very special...but oh well...

Return to Player Comparisons