ImageImageImageImageImage

CAN WE TRADE ZBO, 1 MANS ANALYSIS

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

nynixlive
Sixth Man
And1: 38

CAN WE TRADE ZBO, 1 MANS ANALYSIS 

Post#1 » by nynixlive » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:52 pm

I am having trouble seeing anywhere we could trade Zach.

TEAM BY TEAM:

Boston-zero chance

Phi-Almost CANT happen, also I doubt he is the cornerstone they are seeking.

Tor-Colangelo, nuff said, aint happenin.

NJ-I just dont see us trading with them, nor do I think they would take a max player, and certainly not for VC.

CHI-They need Zach, but I think we all agree they wont trade Ben here, and we also agree that all that does is shed 1 year of salary, which I would do, but they wont, not without something else.

CLE-This is probably one of our few trade partners, and lebron could tame him, but we are DEFINITLY taking Hughes back if this happens. This sheds 1 year of salary. At this point, I probably would.

DET-HAHAHAAHA, No.

Indiana-Interesting, since he is a hometown guy, but they are close to .500 again and I doubt they do. Also it doesnt help us cap wise to trade him for Tinsley and Murphy, which is what would happen.

Mil-I dont think they had zach in mind when they decided to clear house EXCEPT for their front line.

Atlanta-He would become their longest biggest contract, and we would almost have to take back Joe Johnson to make it work. In other words, no.

Char-MJ aint that dumb, nor do they want a max contract.

Miami-Riley wont saddle himself with that, unless we take back Shaq which wont happen for so many reasons.

Orlando-Last I checked they are doing pretty good without a blackhole max pf.

Washington-They have the salaries to make it work. If we taook back Haywood, Thomas and Daniels and gave them nate. We lose big time talent wise, and really shed 1 year of salary. Nah. I douby they would either, although a gilbert, butler, zach, jamison lineup....could be nasty.

Dallas-HAHAHA, No.

Houston-To make it work we need to send Crawford and Zach and Balkman and take back Tmac. Done for me in a heartbeat. We shed salary and get a legit INJURY PRONE all star. They dont bite.

Memphis-LETS START OVER WITH ZACH!!! LETS NOT! Nope.

New Orleans-I doubt at 22-11, they are looking to trade Chandler or Peja for a max contract PF to take minutes from West.

San Antonio-Nuff Said. No.

Denver-If they wanted to be soley offensive + Camby, but we would have to take back Kmart. I would consider this. We lose talent wise, but get some defensive swagger, but I am sure at some point a better trade for Zach comes along, even if 2 years from now.

Minn-Again, Lets rebuild with a max contract to stunt A.Jeff, no.

Portland-It a bizzaro world they give us Frye and Francis back.

Seattle-He would perfectly compliment Durant and Green and not hurt their youth and flexibility. Or no.

Utah-Because Zbo is such a Sloan type.

Golden State - Now they love offensive minded head cases. They are turning Jackson and Davis into MVPs. But for who? It would have to be Davis, Harrington or Jackson, none of which will happen.

Clippers-Not on Sterlings dime.

Lakers-Because of Kobe, I could actually see this working much better for them than for us, but we have to take back Vlad and Kwame. I would do this, would they? Doubt it.

Phoenix-No, just no.

Sacramento-Not in their salary clearing current structure.

So what I have come up with is that our only trade partners are:

CHI, CLEA, WASH, IND, DEN, HOU, GS, LAL, of those, the only one I see actually making a move is CLEV and HOU, and I dont see Zach netting us TMAC. So basically, I think we can get Larry Hughes. AWESOME!

Back to bed.
BornLoser
Junior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by BornLoser » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:40 pm

I could see Chicago possibly making a move because he gives them the low post threat they seem to need and if we allow them to keep all of their big three, Heinrich, Deng and Gordon they might do it. I would say trade Zach for Nocioni and one of their defensive PF's. (Thomas, Noah) That way Chicago loses no starters in a trade for a young 20/10 guy with chemistry issues.

I could also see LA doing it for Odom. The only reason they hesitate is because they are doing well. On paper though a front line of Walton, Zach, Bynum with Ariza, Turiaf and Mihm behind seems pretty good. Again the only starter they lose is the one Zach would replace and then they do not have to start a SF at the PF position.

I think NJ might do it for Carter because I think they are probably regretting Carter's extension, but I would actually hesitate with that trade because Carter's contract is actually longer and Carter will really decline before his contract is up.

Indiana might do it for O'Neal because O'Neal has taken a step back this year, but we would have to sweeten the deal with Crawford and then take back something like Tinsley or Murphy. I would do it if Indiana would.

Milwaukee would be nice and maybe if they are desperate we could do a Randolph/Crawford plus a 1st (top 5 protected) for Redd plus Simmons. They could then move Yi to the 3 which is probably his more natural position.

Miami is desperate so they might for Williams and Davis so we might be able for cap relief. They need to change something there and Riley has an ego when it comes to troubled players. He thinks he can change them. So I think that is possible.

Sacremento would if we took a bunch of bad players like Thomas, Rahim and maybe Artest, I would actually pass on that one.

Just some possibilities. I think Randolph has more value than people give him credit.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,555

Post#3 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:42 pm

I think Isiah has proved that just about anyone can be traded. But the real question is can we get anything back worthwhile? or at least something back thats not worse then zbo + his contract
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
XcalibuR
Lead Assistant
And1: 79

Post#4 » by XcalibuR » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:58 pm

Milwaukee would be nice and maybe if they are desperate we could do a Randolph/Crawford plus a 1st (top 5 protected) for Redd plus Simmons. They could then move Yi to the 3 which is probably his more natural position.

No way, Yi is much more of a PF then a SF.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,874

Post#5 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:40 pm

IMO NJ, LAL, Chi and Clv would all love to add Randolph in the right trade.

each of the mentioned teams has great leadership on and off court, an established identity and a very definite need for a post scorer like Randolph.

NJ wants him, no doubt. I think they even tried for him this summer or last deadline. Id propose this trade:

Q-rich, Zach, Morris
for
Boone, Collins and RJ plus a 2008 2nd round pick

they seem to think Carter and Kidd are the way to go and they've attempted to move RJ several times. they dont give up much here beyond RJ who they'd likely replace with a combo of Wright and Nachbar.

Clev works too;

zach and Malik
for
Hughes and Gooden

They'd lose something in defense and add salary but they'd also gain a lot more tallent, some leadership and most of all injury free guaranteed consistency.

Most importantly we'd add depth on the perimeter that is defensive minded and a front court rotation player who's similar to lee in many positive ways but with more offensive ability. we'd also shed salary.

Chi is a tough one because of all the bad blood but IMO they are willing to make a move for a post player now since they've been exposed as what they are. Im not convinced Zach is the player they want but he's probably they best they can get since they are unlkikey to get Gasol for what they are willing to give up. I also think they are hesitant to move for major slary but the reality is this summer is going to be very expensive for them anyway in Deng and Gordon's resignings. So;

Zach and Malik
for
Big Ben and Nocioni

they shed salary in this deal significantly, open up PT at SF for Deng and Thabo and can live without Nocioni's contract especially now that Skiles is gone. Zach plays PF with Noah as C. Thomas backs up.

For NY we add a leader in Big Ben, a defensive beast but also a player who wont need to stifle Lee's development to produce. he will help both Lee and Curry develop in fact and expires before Zach would have. Nocioni's defense, toughness and shooting finally comes to NY where it belongs! Hes a perfect NY player and will spread the floor well. He replaces Q as the starting SF.

Lastly LAL, the wildcard, since they dont need major moves right away and dont have salary to give up. My suggestion;

Zach, malik and morris
for
Mhim, farmar, Brown and Radmonovic plus a 2008 first round pick lottery protected with usual 3 yr stipulation

LAL gives up almost nothing here. Farmar and Radmonovic are both players they'd just as soon be without apparently. Mhim is always injured and is expected to miss most of the remainder of the season. Brown is a joke, is always injured, is a bad reminder of Butler's absence and is hated by the coach and team. Zach and Malik are perfect additions to their squad and morris is potential based filler.

Ny however sheds a ton of salary here. Brown is expiring and in the meantime might be a ok fit even. If he plays at all or resigns for cheap he might be a solid rebounder, defender off the bench for us. or not, who cares? Mhim is a 1 yr contract and likey to get cut in this trade. Farmar and Rad are 2 and 3 yr deals respectivley but still a major salary relief. We might like Farmar or trade him later. We could probably use Radmonovic's shooting off the bench, or move him later. the salary relief and the aditional pick are the reason.

note: LAL make this trade with the pick for the following reasons;
Need to surround Kobe with tallent and not more youth
Need to show comitment to Kobe
Dont mess up chemistry since no starters move
Have leadership in Kobe and Phil to deal with Zach
Will likley only give up a pick in the late teens early 20s

thoughts?
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#6 » by GuyverADL » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:45 pm

The only viable options for Randolph are Miami, NJ, Cleveland, or Chicago.

to Miami for Cook, Davis, and Parker

to Jersey for Jefferson and S. Williams ( not likely to happen)

to Cleveland for Hughs and a pick

to Chicago for Wallace and Thomas (again unlikely since they have no center)

I would take back Hughs and Gooden but they are taking Richardson back in the process.

Hughs and Gooden

for

Randolph and Richardson
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#7 » by StutterStep » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:08 pm

BornLoser wrote:Just some possibilities. I think Randolph has more value than people give him credit --- That I agree with.

Chicago -- I would not do it because of Ben Wallace's contract unless Noah is included ... not TYRUS!

LA -- It doesn't solve our problem because Odom's a tweener who's whack on defense.

NJ -- Not a good look because I want no parts of VC unless we do major restructuring.

Indiana -- They have no contracts I want.

Milwaukee -- No way they give us Redd and take back Crawford, but I would definitely explore that type of move, and have the backcourt be Crawford/Redd then Jefrries, Lee and Curry.

Miami -- they're the best trading partner while keeping Shaq and putting Zach next to him for offense. Haslem stays for defensive punch and can guard most SFs.

Sacremento -- not a good look unless we give up a top pick in the offseason for Artest (10million) plus filler with an equal contract.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#8 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:11 pm

what about my trades?
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#9 » by StutterStep » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:13 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
thoughts?

Q-rich, Zach, Morris
for
Boone, Collins and RJ plus a 2008 2nd round pick

--- Not bad but I doubt they take QRich's salary while giving us an expiring and a pick...

zach and Malik
for
Hughes and Gooden

--Not bad but I'd rather Marshall than Gooden because he wouldn't interfere with Lee starting and Marshall can hit the long range shot.

Zach and Malik
for
Big Ben and Nocioni

That trade does nothing for us... It would just create a bigger glut at PF/SF

Zach, malik and morris
for
Mhim, farmar, Brown and Radmonovic plus a 2008 first round pick lottery protected with usual 3 yr stipulation

Terrible trade -- Mihm is always injured. Farmar is very average. Radmonovich is not a player I want any parts of... Kwame -- OK because he's expiring. And they're not giving us a pickl
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#10 » by AmazingJason » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:16 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:IMO NJ, LAL, Chi and Clv would all love to add Randolph in the right trade.

thoughts?

None of those teams will want to trade for Randolph, and for the same exact reasons why we're trying to dump him. The possible exception is NJ, but there's no possible way they'd give up Jefferson in the deal.

Part of the risk in taking on Z-Bo's contract is that he HAD to work out. If he didn't, his value would sink lower, and he was already close to impossible to deal in the first place. Being a losing and desperate team and dealing a player who's been a bad fit not only here but on his previous team, I can't imagine that we could get anything equal to what we gave up. We're trading from a tremendous position of weakness.
midtown
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#11 » by midtown » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:33 pm

No...traing Z is not the answer right now. The losing isnt on Z, its onl the whole team.....
'
When Curry can play like he did against SAS consistently and grab 20/8 every night ,then and only then will be talk about trading Z
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#12 » by madvillian » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:39 pm

As a Bulls fan I just want to note that Nocioni is horribly overated. He's a good shooter but has few offensive skills outside of that. He's a poor passer and does not move without the ball well. He has limited ability to drive and post up. His midrange game is average.

And his defense? He's possibly the worst defender on the Bulls. He over-commits leaving guys wide open. He'll take a charge or two, but it hardly makes up for his deficiencies.

I'm fed up with the Bulls and Noc in particular.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#13 » by Big C » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:45 pm

Doing trades and having a bad coaches are the reason why the Knicks are in the mess that they are in. NO more trades build through the draft.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#14 » by StutterStep » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:48 pm

AmazingJason wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Part of the risk in taking on Z-Bo's contract is that he HAD to work out.

How is ZBo not working out? It's not like he's missing shouts like QRich and not playing with effort like Curry?
nynixlive
Sixth Man
And1: 38

Post#15 » by nynixlive » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:04 pm

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How is ZBo not working out? It's not like he's missing shouts like QRich and not playing with effort like Curry?

Chemistry :roll:
abuzz
Senior
And1: 82

Post#16 » by abuzz » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:13 pm

Wow! What a difference seven months makes. After Knick fans were practically high-fiving each other for what Isiah pulled off on draft night (i.e.: Francis/Frye for Zack). For months, Zack was "stolen from the Blazers", now in hingsight, with all Me-Bo's warts exposed, the Knicks are and will be hardpressed to dump him!

Kinda reminds me of that AKEA commercial where the lady looks at her cash register receipt and high tails it outta the store to an awaiting car believing, the store ripped themselves off by making a mistake. Those Blazers knew damn well what they were doing and need to be reported to the Better Business Bureau!!!
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#17 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:26 pm

StutterStep wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
thoughts?

Zach and Malik
for
Big Ben and Nocioni

That trade does nothing for us... It would just create a bigger glut at PF/SF

wait, we have a glut at SF? How so? Q sucks this year somethign awful, balkman and Chandler are not playing and Jeffires still cant find his game. nocioni would be an improvment. and you dont think we could use big ben next to curry and lee?

StutterStep wrote:Zach, malik and morris
for

Terrible trade -- Mihm is always injured. Farmar is very average. Radmonovich is not a player I want any parts of... Kwame -- OK because he's expiring. And they're not giving us a pickl

uh, try salary dump
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#18 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:27 pm

abuzz wrote:Wow! What a difference seven months makes. After Knick fans were practically high-fiving each other for what Isiah pulled off on draft night (i.e.: Francis/Frye for Zack). For months, Zack was "stolen from the Blazers", now in hingsight, with all Me-Bo's warts exposed, the Knicks are and will be hardpressed to dump him!

Kinda reminds me of that AKEA commercial where the lady looks at her cash register receipt and high tails it outta the store to an awaiting car believing, the store ripped themselves off by making a mistake. Those Blazers knew damn well what they were doing and need to be reported to the Better Business Bureau!!!

shhhh, dont look now but the trolls are listening.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#19 » by StutterStep » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:31 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

wait, we have a glut at SF? How so? Q sucks this year somethign awful, balkman and Chandler are not playing and Jeffires still cant find his game. nocioni would be an improvment. and you dont think we could use big ben next to curry and lee?

uh, try salary dump

PF/SF: Lee, Jeffries, QRich, Balkman, Chandler

The only saving is Brown, Radmonovich goes to 2011... and combining him with any extensions for Lee or Nate, coupled with Jeffries/Q/James have a negative impact on our cap.

We have to move Zach for salaries that end in 2009 for it to make a difference.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#20 » by StutterStep » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:32 pm

nynixlive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Chemistry :roll:

FK Chemistry -- they should try effort and execution.

Return to New York Knicks