Igoudala Sign and Trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,393

Post#37 » by nate33 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:31 am

shrink wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I know none of us will ever know, but I bet he turned down an offer better than that at the beginning of the season.

Look guys, Iguodala is a very good player, but when he gets his eight-digit paycheck, he'll be paid like it too, and his trade value reduces. Further, he's plays a position where most teams already have a good (and often well-paid) swingman. This crowded market and the price tag reduce what PHI's going to get for him -- PLUS he can walk later and he loses them for nothing (and you get a year where he unloads his frustrations on his teammates).

In my opinion, these offers overvalue what the market will do.

It wouldn't surprise me if he already turned down a similar deal. His agent is playing hardball. It makes sense to at least make Philly's ownership sweat a bit and see if they come back with a better offer.

But ultimately, Iggy has little choice but to accept the offer. It would be foolish to walk away from that deal and risk injury, only to gamble that someone else will throw $10M a year at him next summer. I think Iggy will blink first.

Maybe Philly throws him a bone and offers a deal starting at $9M a year. That's more than what Butler and Josh Howard got.
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#38 » by IggyTheBEaST » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:03 am

loserX wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Nope. You're getting two young guys who could start on your team (PERFECT fits, practically), salary relief in the Harpring/Evans swap, and a pick. That's as far as we go.

We're not adding in a core guy in an S&T, and I doubt most other teams will either. (I know other Jazz fans don't think highly of Okur, but we can't trade him without getting a starting C back either way.)

I was thinking it but didnt write it, if you gave us AK I was gonna say you could keep Millsap
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#39 » by IggyTheBEaST » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:05 am

shrink wrote:Does he bring back in trade more than Iverson?

obviously. Iggy plays defense and iverson was on the wrong side of 30
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#40 » by loserX » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:13 am

IggyTheBEaST wrote:I was thinking it but didnt write it, if you gave us AK I was gonna say you could keep Millsap

AK is already owed a lot of money, and is older. Wouldn't you rather just pay Iguodala?
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#41 » by zong » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:47 am

this deal can only go down after season is over correct or incorrect?

TJ Ford OR Jose Calderon + Rasho (8.5 million expiring after this season) + 09 1st Rounder (top 5 protected) + Future 1st Round Pick

for Iggy and any filler
joey-A
Banned User

Post#42 » by joey-A » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:21 am

I doubt it. Philly can just sign Calderon after this season. And Nestrovic's deal does NOT end this season. The 1st rounders are too far away, and Philly doesn't need anymore youth than they will get with their own 1st rounders the next two years.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#43 » by PhilasFinest » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:35 am

Iguodala isnt going anywhere...
hell resign for a similar deal that they had offered him be4...which he is already probably regretting not signing(57mil)..
Our new GM isnt going to overpay people like Billy King did.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Oomph
Veteran

Post#44 » by Oomph » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:47 am

Because I think Iggy would be a great fit in Indy this is the deal that could make it work:

Sixers get

Theo Ratliff
Rashad McCants
Gerald Green
Ike Diogu

Pacers get

Iggy (70m 5yrs)
Rodney Carney
Antoine Walker

Twolves get

JO
Willie Green
Kevin Ollie

Phillie gets 3 young players still on their rookie deal while Ratliff returns and could perhaps get a vet's minimum for another year. Sixers still retain all cap flexibility after this deal and get rid of ITB's pets Green & Ollie.

Indy pairs Iggy on the wings to Dunleavy and Granger, with Danny probably playing starters minutes at the PF spot. Walker, the last guy I want on my Pacers team (but that's the sacrifice I'll do to get Iggy!), gets reunited with his former coach and he'll backup Granger as PF probably.

Minny pairs JO in the frontcourt with Big Al, who will form a better duo than JO with the other Al. JO will become their defensive anchor while Jefferson stays as nr. 1 option on offense. Hetting rid of Walker is a bonus too in this deal.
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#45 » by zong » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:52 am

yeah i think Iggy will sign that deal again if he had the chance, and sorry for what i said before, i said an expiring deal after this season not mean after this season ENDS

Philly can offer Jose a 10 mill contract i presume but I doubt Jose will sign unless Iggy is there, which makes a trade involving either one of them confusing and difficult

I just threw in Toronto's best case scenario (a fair one) so i guess its done for now
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,512

Post#46 » by youngcrev » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:55 am

Oomph wrote:Because I think Iggy would be a great fit in Indy this is the deal that could make it work:

Sixers get

Theo Ratliff
Rashad McCants
Gerald Green
Ike Diogu

Pacers get

Iggy (70m 5yrs)
Rodney Carney
Antoine Walker

Twolves get

JO
Willie Green
Kevin Ollie

Phillie gets 3 young players still on their rookie deal while Ratliff returns and could perhaps get a vet's minimum for another year. Sixers still retain all cap flexibility after this deal and get rid of ITB's pets Green & Ollie.

Indy pairs Iggy on the wings to Dunleavy and Granger, with Danny probably playing starters minutes at the PF spot. Walker, the last guy I want on my Pacers team (but that's the sacrifice I'll do to get Iggy!), gets reunited with his former coach and he'll backup Granger as PF probably.

Minny pairs JO in the frontcourt with Big Al, who will form a better duo than JO with the other Al. JO will become their defensive anchor while Jefferson stays as nr. 1 option on offense. Hetting rid of Walker is a bonus too in this deal.

...we'd rather just let him walk for nothing than take on all that salary for average prospects
WizardsWorld
Lead Assistant
And1: 236

Post#47 » by WizardsWorld » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:40 am

I think Minny is a good spot for Iggy... Minny becomes an extremely solid young team with this deal and Philly moves towards rebuilding...

Minny gets:
Andre Igoudala
Sam Dalembert

Philly gets:
Randy Foye
Gerald Green
Antoine Walker

Minny:
C: Dalembert/Smith
PF: Jefferson/Gomes
SF: Igoudala/Brewer
SG: McCants/Buckner
PG: Telfair/Jaric

Philly:
C: Smith
PF: Evans/Walker
SF: G. Green/Giricek
SG: Foye/W.Green
PG: Miller/Williams
*** Philly gets 2 young players, dumps Dalys deal, Fatoine will be expiring next season,.. they then package Miller/Evans for expirings and/or picks and a prospect
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#48 » by big3_8_19_21 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:57 am

ooh...if the Wolves get Derrick Rose in the draft, I'd definitely do that deal. It seals all our holes.

As for the 1st deal involving Minny - I don't want JO for the long term, so no thanks.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,512

Post#49 » by youngcrev » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:11 am

WizardsWorld wrote:I think Minny is a good spot for Iggy... Minny becomes an extremely solid young team with this deal and Philly moves towards rebuilding...

Minny gets:
Andre Igoudala
Sam Dalembert

Philly gets:
Randy Foye
Gerald Green
Antoine Walker

Minny:
C: Dalembert/Smith
PF: Jefferson/Gomes
SF: Igoudala/Brewer
SG: McCants/Buckner
PG: Telfair/Jaric

Philly:
C: Smith
PF: Evans/Walker
SF: G. Green/Giricek
SG: Foye/W.Green
PG: Miller/Williams
*** Philly gets 2 young players, dumps Dalys deal, Fatoine will be expiring next season,.. they then package Miller/Evans for expirings and/or picks and a prospect

My God!

Can this thread just get locked please!
Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Post#50 » by Kosta » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:33 am

Sonics trade: Jeff Green, Nick Collison and a signed Delonte West.
Sixers trade: Andre Iguodala, Rodney Carney and a '09 1st.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,244

Post#51 » by BadWolf » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:34 am

i proposed minny deal a while ago, I still think it's good

Daly and Iggy for 1st, Walker (it's end of the season deal, so he's basically expiring), Gomes, other fillers

Might be overpaying though
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#52 » by Cliff Levingston » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:08 pm

Cliff Levingston would offer Hinrich + Nocioni for Igoudala and junk, but has no idea if it would work under CBA restrictions.
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#53 » by IggyTheBEaST » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:08 pm

cliff livingstons deal isnt horrible if he adds in noah
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
DeezXXnutZ
Sixth Man

Post#54 » by DeezXXnutZ » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:10 pm

What about a McGrady - Iggy trade straight up....
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#55 » by Cliff Levingston » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:37 pm

IggyTheBEaST wrote:cliff livingstons deal isnt horrible if he adds in noah

That's pushing it.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#56 » by rsavaj » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:43 pm

PHX might be able to put a package together around Barbosa/Diaw/ATL pick, but that's probably not enough.....

Return to Trades and Transactions