Post#1 » by gsuteke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:15 pm

VS

@

AKA

The Good Guys

The Bad Guys

Image Image Image Image Image

ESPN.com NBA Preview

Atlanta Hawks guard Joe Johnson finally shook off his worst slump of the season. He's had little trouble getting into a grove against the Washington Wizards in the last two seasons.

After helping the Hawks end a long losing streak, Johnson looks to continue his scoring surge against the Wizards when the teams continue their season series Friday night.

Johnson scored 29 points as Atlanta (16-16) snapped a four-game skid with a 90-81 win over Cleveland on Wednesday night.

The Wizards' 101-90 win at Atlanta on Nov. 10 was their first of the season and started a season-high six-game winning streak after they opened the season 0-5. They have not lost more than three straight since.

Washington had won four of six before shooting 41.1 percent (30-for-73) in a 92-84 loss to short-handed Houston on Tuesday night. The Wizards haven't beaten a team with a winning record since a 101-97 victory over Toronto on Dec. 1.

With Arenas out, Washington has also tightened up its defense, yielding an average of 92.8 points in its last 18 games.

Strong defense has helped put the Hawks and Wizards in the midst of the Eastern Conference playoff race. They are among five teams hovering around the .500 mark, making head-to-head contests between them crucial.

Statistics
Atlanta
Washington

The Atlanta Hawks would like to welcome you to Phillips Arena tonight as they take on Washington with early playoff implications on the line. You know something, the Wizards coming to town tonight could actually work in our favor. After all..........

*open the following YouTube Link Now in a New Window for audio and minimize before continuing*

They are known for their Magic

The possibilities are endless if we use their sorcery to conjure up lost souls

We could rransform A Chillz to a Smitty

Image Image

A Horfy to a Deke

Image Image

A Lue to a Doc

Image Image

A Bush to a Tree

Image Image

A Law to a Spud

Image Image

Marinate on this for a little bit

Image Image

A Smoove to a Reef

Image Image

A Joe to a Nique

Image Image

An Old Man to an Older Man

Image Image

An AJ to a Mookie

Image Image

One broken down guy to another broken down guy

Image Image

One worthless piece of Poo to another

Image Image

What Would we have Hawks fans?

Atlanta's Air Force

(starts at 30 second mark)

And before I leave I'd like to send a shout out to all Hawks fans

HEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY YOOOOUUUUUUUU GUUUUUYYYYYSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image Image

Enjoy the game and as always.....

Viva la Hawks!

gsuteke
Senior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by gsuteke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:16 pm

pics didn't line up right.

whoops.

se la vie
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#3 » by DirtybirdGA » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:44 pm

Very good GSU.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by conleyorbust » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:48 pm

As usual, nice work.

Daniels is back with is bad for the Hawkies. Hopefully the Law/AJ platoon is enough to counteract him. Joe generally plays the Wiz well so lets hope that he carries the momentum from last game, Jamison is a great matchup for Smith on offense because he isn't as quick as Josh on the perimeter and can be overpowered down low. Hopefully Hofo brings that energy he had last game. Lets see some running, dunking, and defense and we will have a decent shot at this baby.

A win would be absolutely huge against a fellow SE div team.
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 514

Post#5 » by raleigh » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:59 pm

Disney soundtrack is a nice touch, my friend.

A nice touch.
gsuteke
Senior

Post#6 » by gsuteke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:05 pm

People who don't click on the youtube links... their loss.

that Atlanta Air Force find while blurry due to Youtube was very cool IMO.
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by conleyorbust » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:37 pm

Pretty quite on the ol' game thread today... Hope thats not bad luck. Anyone going to the game?
Skyhawk1
Starter
And1: 102

Post#8 » by Skyhawk1 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:08 pm

conleyorbust wrote:As usual, nice work.

Daniels is back with is bad for the Hawkies. Hopefully the Law/AJ platoon is enough to counteract him. Joe generally plays the Wiz well so lets hope that he carries the momentum from last game, Jamison is a great matchup for Smith on offense because he isn't as quick as Josh on the perimeter and can be overpowered down low. Hopefully Hofo brings that energy he had last game. Lets see some running, dunking, and defense and we will have a decent shot at this baby.

A win would be absolutely huge against a fellow SE div team.

Jamison has destroyed us in recent games. How in the world Jamison isn't as quick as Smith on the perimeter ? He's faster, a better shooter/ballhandler, and he still can play in the paint. One of the few players who avg 20/10 in the entire league. But I just hope we can stop either Butler or him. If both of them are on, we'd be in big trouble. Horford has to play well again and rebound. LET'S GO HAWKS !
GO HAWKS.
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by conleyorbust » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:13 pm

Skyhawk1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Jamison has destroyed us in recent games. How in the world Jamison isn't as quick as Smith on the perimeter ? He's faster, a better shooter/ballhandler, and he still can play in the paint. One of the few players who avg 20/10 in the entire league. But I just hope we can stop either Butler or him. If both of them are on, we'd be in big trouble. Horford has to play well again and rebound. LET'S GO HAWKS !

Your right, he has played us well recently. I was just thinking that his D is exploitable.
gsuteke
Senior

Post#10 » by gsuteke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:16 pm

DirtybirdGA wrote:Very good GSU.

Hey I live in Augusta (Evans) as well.

If you're a big Hawks fan we should get up for a game some time!
LL Cool Scott
Starter

Post#11 » by LL Cool Scott » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:37 pm

"A Bush into a Tree"

That made me laugh out loud. Nicely done...
gsuteke
Senior

Post#12 » by gsuteke » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:44 pm

LL Cool Scott wrote:"A Bush into a Tree"

That made me laugh out loud. Nicely done...

One is shorter than the other?
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#13 » by dlts20 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:16 am

Wiz fan here. This should be a great game. You owned us last time but we didnt have AD and were still trying to get use to playing without a PG and were trying to find a starter. He's back now but Im starting to think he would be better for us coming off the bench. Its not a diss to him but I just think the other guys on our bench need him alot more. Mason was playing well as a starter in his absence and can stretch the floor like AD cant. More importantly though, with AD starting then we come off the bench with alot of young guys and no PG. That makes them very inconsistent. Our bench would be much more consistent with a PG like AD out there. Instead they play like 5 individuals who have skill but no chemistry because there is no PG to run the show.

As for this game, it could come down to the glass again. We destroyed you guys in the 1st game and I think you destroyed is the same exact way in the 2nd game. It will probally be the #1 priority for both teams so it should be pretty even on the glass. I just think it will be a hard fought battle that will come down to the wire. In some ways I kind of hope you guys win so that we can maybe move AD to the bench
evildallas
General Manager

Post#14 » by evildallas » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:55 am

Big to get 2 fouls on Haywood early.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!
gsuteke
Senior

Post#15 » by gsuteke » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:06 am

another sh~tty start by the Hawks
HoopsGuru25
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#16 » by HoopsGuru25 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:08 am

Law and Marvin have been horrible although that was a nice pass to Chil by Acie.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,079

Post#17 » by High 5 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:08 am

Daniels must still be hurt a bit. He's playing scared out there. He has had a one on one twice on a fast break and pulled up both times.
HoopsGuru25
General Manager

Post#18 » by HoopsGuru25 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:09 am

Also...why is Blo in the game? Haywood is on the bench in foul trouble and they have no other "big" men on their roster. Lo is useless unless he is playing Curry,Howard,Shaq,Z,etc. I would like to see Shelden in this game.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,079

Post#19 » by High 5 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:13 am

Wright is completely worthless on offense, but he has been rebounding and defending well lately.
HoopsGuru25
General Manager

Post#20 » by HoopsGuru25 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:17 am

Nice spin move by Horford. We should be trying to establish Horford in the low post...especially when the Wizards are playing Songaila and Blatche at center.

Return to Atlanta Hawks