ImageImageImage

How Would You Guys Feel About This Trade?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

THFM
Junior
And1: 0

How Would You Guys Feel About This Trade? 

Post#1 » by THFM » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:35 pm

Sixer fan here

Sign & Trade with Andre Iguodala, Andre Miller, Reggie Evans, Utah's 1st round pick

for

Amare Stoudamire?

Would you guys accept that offer?
Hans86
Ballboy

Post#2 » by Hans86 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:41 pm

Haha, NOOOO
JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#3 » by JustMoe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:17 pm

Awesome, I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we'd be left with two 6'9'' guys (Diaw, Skinner) as our tallest players afterwards, wouldn't we?!

Philly just hasn't got the tools to make a trade proposal for STAT in my opinion. Iggy isn't too impressive at the moment while looking for a fat new contract next summer, Miller would be a nice but pretty expensive backup for Nash, Evans is an overpaid midget who can only rebound, and the Utah pick won't be too high. If you try to lure Amare, one of the best big men in the league, away from us, then at least include Dalembert.

Oh, and btw: nice avatar :lol:
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#4 » by TASTIC » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:14 pm

No thanks.

As the others have said, leaves us WAY too thin up front.

Amare's not going anywhere unless we get a legit big back, ie Brand or Artest+BMiller etc
JustMoe
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by JustMoe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:09 pm

^ Could you see the Kings come up with a fair offer for Amare, Mace? The Clippers maybe, but Sacramento....I don't think so.

pidi
Veteran
And1: 143

Post#6 » by pidi » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:38 pm

we shouldn
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#7 » by -SDU- » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:12 pm

no to ANY stat trade
movingaz
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#8 » by movingaz » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:50 pm

Sixers want cap room.

Andre Miller & Samuel Dalembert

for

Shawn Marion & Marcus Banks

Marion would surely opt out at the end of the year he thinks hes worth 20 million and would not stay on a losing team for 2008/09

Sixers get rid of Dalemberts contract and Millers Contract and only take on Banks 3 years 4.5 million per year.
JustMoe
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by JustMoe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:03 pm

The Sixers may be looking for cap space, but I doubt they're desperate enough to mess up their entire team by trading their starting PG, who could definitely fetch decent return in another trade, and their starting C, who, though expensive, is having an amazing season, for Marcus Banks and a few weeks of Shawn Marion.

Sure, they'd have tons of capspace this offseason, but they'd also have to go for a whole new team since that deal would leave them with Calvin Booth as their only C and a PG rotation of Louis Williams, Marcus Banks and Kevin Ollie (who'll also be a free agent after the season).

movingaz
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#10 » by movingaz » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:12 pm

They need a whole new team, they are not going to make the playoffs any time soon with the team they got.

Then Marion for Dalembert & Aaron Mckie

Then next year Sixers can sign Iggy & Loul Deng with Marion opting out
JustMoe
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by JustMoe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:45 pm

Aaron McKie? You mean in a sign&trade? I'm not even sure they still have the rights needed to do that :-?

And looking at Daly's performance so far this season it would definitely make sense keeping him. He's collecting 10.0 rebounds and 2,6 blocks per game, while scoring 11,6 points per game. That's pretty good I'd say, and it's definitely not like he's awfully overpaid.
On the other hand, where would Deng play for the Sixers? Both he and Iggy are best suited for playing at the 3, with neither one of them being a true SG. I also doubt Luol would even consider signing with a team that would be left with him, Iguodala and a few prospects who aren't yet able to start/contribute...oh, and the not-so-pretty contracts of Evans and Willie Green, of course. Chicago may have a bad season, but they've definitely got more potential than that Sixers team, not to mention a sign&trade is also a possibility. Way too many "ifs" for the Sixers to risk screwing up their team completely in my opinion.

mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,411

Post#12 » by mkot » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:05 am

movingaz wrote:
Marion would surely opt out at the end of the year he thinks hes worth 20 million and would not stay on a losing team for 2008/09

Well, I really don't think Shawn is even going to exercise his player option. Nobody walks away from $18 million dollars in the current salary situation around the league and he just isn't going to get 20 million a year. The only team scheduled to be significantly under the cap this summer ($10-13 Million) is Philly and I think they have bigger and better things (Elton Brand) in mind. Plus they already have a similar (and younger) player in Iggy.
Thank you for your great work over the years, Matrix.
You're always a Sun in my heart. Ring of Honor awaits you.
THFM
Junior

Post#13 » by THFM » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:58 am

movingaz wrote:Sixers want cap room.

Andre Miller & Samuel Dalembert

for

Shawn Marion & Marcus Banks

Sixers get rid of Dalemberts contract and Millers Contract and only take on Banks 3 years 4.5 million per year.

I am a sixers fan and this trade is a joke, if we give you guys daly we need amare in return. That would leave CALVIN BOOTH are only Center....plus Dalembert and Dwight Howard are the only centers in the east that are averaging a double double this year. Plus Daly is finally living up to this contract and his defense is the only reason why we have 15 wins this season.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#14 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:13 am

The only way the Sixers and Amare is if they win the lottery and then send their pick and another good player for him + a big trade exception to save the Suns what the really are after- cash.
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#15 » by phiphan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:41 am

JustMoe
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by JustMoe » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:22 am

Haha, thanks for the link, phiphan. I love the fact that the OP never responded in this thread, but instead mentioned that "the only way they want to give him up is if they get Daly in return...", which I guess refers to my post.
Just to point this out, THFM: "Philly just hasn't got the tools to make a trade proposal for STAT in my opinion [...] If you try to lure Amare, one of the best big men in the league, away from us, then at least include Dalembert." means "It's not going to work, and the deal you proposed is pretty far off from being fair. If you want any of us to at least take it a little serious, include Daly so it would make a little sense for us, as well, since we'd have someone who's actually capable of playing C afterwards".

-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#17 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:49 am

i could see a deal surrounding marion ATL pick for daly iggy intriguing both teams

cap space and a good pick for Phi, with a dumping of dalys contract

and for the suns its obvious

we would obviously need to throw in a little more.....
dantian
Starter
And1: 27

Post#18 » by dantian » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:14 am

no way amare goes for anything but Kobe, LBJ, Howard.
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#19 » by phiphan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:52 pm

-SDU- wrote:i could see a deal surrounding marion ATL pick for daly iggy intriguing both teams

cap space and a good pick for Phi, with a dumping of dalys contract

and for the suns its obvious

we would obviously need to throw in a little more.....

That is a very bad trade for us. Dalembert is playing very well this season -- he's not someone you "dump" for salary cap, and Iguodala, while not as good a player as Marion is now, is only 23.
This trade leaves us without a legitimate center, and adds to a position where we already have Thaddeus Young (PF/SF) waiting in the wings.

ATL is in the playoffs at the moment, so I don't know how that's a "good pick."

Great trade for the Suns though!!

Return to Phoenix Suns