ImageImageImage

BREAKING NEWS: Lucky Breaks His Knee

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

How do you feel about all the "extra" entertainment at the games?

Hate it.
25%
Some is good (cheerleaders) but most is crap.
25%
WHO WANTS A T-SHIRT?! (this guy)
50%

Total votes: 20

SeizeCoup
Lead Assistant
And1: 665

BREAKING NEWS: Lucky Breaks His Knee 

Post#1 » by SeizeCoup » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:53 pm

Just in, info from my "insider" straight from them, to me, to you.

Last night Lucky was practicing a roller-blade dunk trick. Dude done messed up and twisted his knee. Probably out of commission for a minute. No word on whether Red's ghost had anything to do with what it do.

I can already hear the collective sad sighs, pre-teen Celtics fans, life no longer worth living. Stay at home until he makes a full recovery. Please. Sorry Lucky, no sympathy from me. You haven't been lucky since coming on the scene, now the team's good and you go down with an injury. Coincidence?

I hate all the extra ish that goes on at games these days. I like the cheerleaders, but Red didn't like em, he said too much trouble can come from them sexy ladies. Aint that the truth. I wonder who's providing Courtney with the green tonsil tickling?

I hate the pseudo cheerleaders who run around and act like fools. WHO WANTS A TSHIRT? Not me. Worthless shwag. There's the parachute drop, the lasik ft contest, the legal-seafood race, the scratch ticket giveaway, the ritalin raffle. Ok, I made that last one up. Regardless, they're all crap. These things are supposed to get me excited? (as an aside, the only break-in-the-action worth paying attention to is the "take a shot" contest with Ernie D., his track jacket is pimp).

Anyone with me?

/rant
bballcool34
General Manager
And1: 613

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Lucky Breaks His Knee 

Post#2 » by bballcool34 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:57 pm

CalderCup wrote:Just in, info from my "insider" straight from them, to me, to you.

Last night Lucky was practicing a roller-blade dunk trick. Dude done messed up and twisted his knee. Probably out of commission for a minute. No word on whether Red's ghost had anything to do with what it do.

I can already hear the collective sad sighs, pre-teen Celtics fans, life no longer worth living. Stay at home until he makes a full recovery. Please. Sorry Lucky, no sympathy from me. You haven't been lucky since coming on the scene, now the team's good and you go down with an injury. Coincidence?

I hate all the extra ish that goes on at games these days. I like the cheerleaders, but Red didn't like em, he said too much trouble can come from them sexy ladies. Aint that the truth. I wonder who's providing Courtney with the green tonsil tickling?

I hate the pseudo cheerleaders who run around and act like fools. WHO WANTS A TSHIRT? Not me. Worthless shwag. There's the parachute drop, the lasik ft contest, the legal-seafood race, the scratch ticket giveaway, the ritalin raffle. Ok, I made that last one up. Regardless, they're all crap. These things are supposed to get me excited? (as an aside, the only break-in-the-action worth paying attention to is the "take a shot" contest with Ernie D., his track jacket is pimp).

Anyone with me?

/rant

It's fun for the younger kids I guess. The Celt's probably market all these stuff so the game can be seen as a family experience and such.

None of it bothers me- especially not the cheerleaders- but in truth it's the basketball that I go to see, and that's all I really care for and focus on during the game.
Damn
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#3 » by GuyClinch » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:19 pm

Teams need to keep fans entertained during commercials and half-time. That's ALOT of dead time to fill. Would you prefer NOTHING with your ticket money? <g>

Pete
ARB729
Lead Assistant
And1: 17

Post#4 » by ARB729 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:27 pm

So when Lucky did his thing and got the crowd really loud, you were cursing him out under your breath? Last year when that's the only time the crowd ever got really loud, he was a bother? Come on man, every game has entertainment. This isn't a high school hoops game. The whole entire game is a business, not just basketball. Lighten up dude.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#5 » by greenbeans » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:29 pm

i agree with you. its disgusting when they start playing some beyonce song(just a for instance) when they should be maybe. . umm. . . doing something that marginally has to do with basketball??
bawstin
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#6 » by bawstin » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:39 pm

Lucky's also a really good guy from the few words I've exchanged with him. Say what you will about the choice to goof up the games with all this stuff but he's not some millionaire stiff, he probably makes less than a lot of people on this board. It sucks that he got hurt.
I'm just sayin' is all...
Scalamental
Sixth Man
And1: 146

Post#7 » by Scalamental » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:49 pm

Does this mean we're gonna have to put him down?
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,727

Post#8 » by meatball sub » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:08 am

Doesn't sound like he lived up to the name. Fire him!
mwhis21
Analyst
And1: 1,065

Post#9 » by mwhis21 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:47 pm

Hey guys,

I wasn't going to say anything because I do not know who patrols this site and what not, but I did let Darth know and he was "suppose" to let the other Mods know as well, but I am on the Celtics Green Team. Also at the time all that stuff with supposed "insider" knowledge was going on at the time. I was hoping to share some of the cool experiances with everyone because I am in a privelaged position to see a side of the game that most do not and get to meet people most only dream too.

Just to clarify Lucky did not break his knee its just a sprain and it won't keep him down long. We were practicing for an insane dunk for one of his dunk shows and his landing went bad, but he will definately do the dunk this year, but probably not for a month. I will start by defending him and saying that man is gifted, it looks easy jumping on that trampoline, but take my word for it, its not that easy. More importantly he is one of the most down to earth guys and LOVES the Celtics. Apparently he is regarded in the NBA as one of the two best mascots him and the man from the UTAH JAZZ.

Do I like all of the stuff that we do? No I do not, but our job isn't to out shine the Celtics or the cheerleaders we are there to assist lucky and give the younger fans a good time. We have obligations from sponsors to do stuff during the games. As you probably noticed every event is sponsored by something. Heck though, I get to watch every game from the court, I get to be on the court, I get to meet a ton of people its just an awesome experiance. I wish that everyone here could experiance what I have been. The crowds have been awesome.

They give away some awesome prizes. It was brought to my attention that last year someone one a million dollars from the scratch ticket thing and there is a cool prize that you can online to the reebok store and create your own sneaker. Yeah we have to act obnoxious out on the court when we throw T-shirts, but its all in good fun and it seems most of the crowd likes it since they got nuts for free stuff.

Heck though, I get to watch every game from the court, I get to be on the court, I get to meet a ton of cool people its just an awesome experiance. I wish that everyone here could experiance what I have been. The crowds have been awesome. On top of it all I get paid. Not much, but I would have done it for free.

Anyway, I just thought I would drop a line, if the board is interested I can write about some of the experiances, but I didnt want to go through all the stuff that Celtic Thug went through over the summer so I just kept quiet. I've got to meet alot of players and celebrities and its really cool to see a lot of stuff that I get to see.

If any of you all go to the game and see us around just yell
[b]MWHIS:[/b] I am at basically every game so hollar at me it would be nice to meet some people from this site.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,405

Post#10 » by theman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:41 pm

So Green Team mean you are a Tee shirt thrower and not a dancer? :(

Oh well, try to get one to the last row for me. Thanks. :thumbsup:
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
Egregious Blunder
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#11 » by Egregious Blunder » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:48 pm

i wouldn't mind the idea of a "big head" mascot. One that would look like the leprechaun from the logo, but to have just some guy in a shiny hat running around is really embarrassing.
i feel bad the guy is hurt, but i really, really hate this mascot concept.
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#12 » by wetsthebed » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:53 pm

I think Lucky's one of the best mascots in the league.
Tenbomber
Banned User
And1: 989

Post#13 » by Tenbomber » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:04 pm

I was slow warming up to the new format... but its not bad...heck, its hard to break with tradition.... but the entertainment dosen't hurt a soul...even old farts like myself enjoy the new cheerleaders!!!... Whats not to like? :o
SeizeCoup
Lead Assistant
And1: 665

Post#14 » by SeizeCoup » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:06 pm

Thanks for the input guys. (especially MWhis21)

I came across as sort of impersonal in regards to Lucky's injury. I feel bad for doing that. I hate the stupid, gets in my way mugging for photos during the game, climbing on top of things blocking the action, running around like a fool, character that is Lucky. But the man who plays the part, if you prick him, does he not bleed(green)? I'm sure he does.

Could I do without him, and the "green team"? Definitely. I mean, people go crazy, jumping around like idiots, trying to catch one of those stupid t-shirts. (btw, in case you didn't know, all those tshirts say is, "who wants a tshirt?" Seriously.)

No, I don't need "entertainment" during breaks in the action.

Pete, during breaks in the game, when you're at home watching, do a bunch of spandexed fools run around trying to keep things hype? (maybe I don't want to know the answer to that question) Personally, I get excited about well-played basketball, hustle, all-out-heart. Things that don't excite me: all the mindless ish that goes on between the action. I mean, I literally saw two guys FIGHT over one of those stupid parachutes that they drop. Grown men brawling over the dumbest shwag ever!

But this isn't just about the "hype people" it's also about all the OTHER crap that goes on during the time-outs. I know it's all $$ driven, and it's a necessary evil, still though, I hate it. And I used this outlet to vent my meaningless frustration.

Anyways, I guess I'm in the minority on this one, this time. ADD runs too rampant I guess. But let me just make one last point. I appreciate all the people who work for the Celtics, you're just doing a job, and if you didn't do it, someone else would. So don't think of me as personally hating you. I just hate what you do, hehe.
John Locke
Sixth Man
And1: 38

Post#15 » by John Locke » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:23 pm

CalderCup wrote:Thanks for the input guys. (especially MWhis21)

I came across as sort of impersonal in regards to Lucky's injury. I feel bad for doing that. I hate the stupid, gets in my way mugging for photos during the game, climbing on top of things blocking the action, running around like a fool, character that is Lucky. But the man who plays the part, if you prick him, does he not bleed(green)? I'm sure he does.

Could I do without him, and the "green team"? Definitely. I mean, people go crazy, jumping around like idiots, trying to catch one of those stupid t-shirts. (btw, in case you didn't know, all those tshirts say is, "who wants a tshirt?" Seriously.)

No, I don't need "entertainment" during breaks in the action.

Pete, during breaks in the game, when you're at home watching, do a bunch of spandexed fools run around trying to keep things hype? (maybe I don't want to know the answer to that question) Personally, I get excited about well-played basketball, hustle, all-out-heart. Things that don't excite me: all the mindless ish that goes on between the action. I mean, I literally saw two guys FIGHT over one of those stupid parachutes that they drop. Grown men brawling over the dumbest shwag ever!

But this isn't just about the "hype people" it's also about all the crap that goes on during breaks in the action. I know it's all $$ driven, and it's a necessary evil, still though, I hate it. And I used this outlet to vent my meaningless frustration.

Anyways, I guess I'm in the minority on this one, this time. ADD runs too rampant I guess. But let me just make one last point. I appreciate all the people who work for the Celtics, you're just doing a job, and if you didn't do it, someone else would. So don't think of me as personally hating you. I just hate what you do, hehe.

HAHAHAHA :rofl:

That's a power post...real talk
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,263

Post#16 » by shackles10 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:36 am

Shame on all of us... we're winless without Lucky this year. Think about that!!
Godmoney
Analyst
And1: 464

Post#17 » by Godmoney » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:35 pm

I'm curious, what is happening now that Lucky has a sprained knee? Is there a replacement or just nothing? I personally can't stand him. I remember going to some event during the off-season years ago where Larry Bird was playing horse against some expert shooting instructor and to hype up the crowd they had the PHOENIX SUNS GORILLA show up in a CELTICS UNI to pump everybody up!!

Now that was funny. Oh well, I guess the mascots aren't really there to appeal to me anyways. I did go to a game in Salt Lake while I was out there skiing once and honestly, their mascot does a much better job than Lucky.

I enjoyed the period of time where the Celts were the only team in the league to not have cheerleaders.

In summary, the Fleetcenter sucks, the cheerleaders suck, the mascot sucks, the green team sucks, and they never should've destroyed the Garden. :wink:
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,405

Post#18 » by theman » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:35 pm

Looks like it's time for a call up.

"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger

Return to Boston Celtics