ImageImageImage

kg's spaz attack following the minnesota game

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#25 » by meatball sub » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:53 pm

canman1971 wrote: Good god, can we find anything else to cry about?

1. Ray Allen
2. The bench
3. Doc Rivers
4. Scal
5. Paul Pierce for some reason
Rondo_Fan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#26 » by Rondo_Fan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:17 pm

I thought it was great.

To the Minnesota fans, you need to chill out. It wasn't the first time he did it this year, so he didn't pull it out especially for Minnesota.

To the Boston fans who say that it wasn't a big win, you need to chill out. Minnesota just beat Phoenix, so anybody can lose to anybody. Pulling out a win on an off-night like is definitely a big deal.

Sometimes I wonder about why people watch these games, I really do. It seems like if it wasn't a huge win (20+ points) or it didn't come against a good team, then it doesn't count for some people. There was no drama there, nothing for them to watch.

Sometimes all it takes is a guy like Scalabrine hitting his first shot in a month to make the game a big deal for me. The NBA is full of stuff like that. Look at Shaq now. I've never been a big fan, but now that his retirement has come into play, suddenly every time he takes the court it's interesting. Imagine an old horse like him playing like the young Shaq for a game or two, and taking it to Gasol on Memphis or Bargnani on Toronto. Nobody is supposed to care, or get emotionally invested in the outcome of those games, because they're not "big games"? Give me a break. If you don't like watching stuff like that, then you don't like basketball in the first place. And last night, Garnett playing against his old team, squaring off against our young guys who are coming back to town, wasn't interesting because it wasn't a big game? There was no reason to be emotionally invested in what happened on the court or in the outcome? Give me a break.

Yabba-dabba-doo!
reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#27 » by reggielewis » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:23 pm

I don't play for Minnesota anymore; I'm in Boston," said Garnett, traded last summer after more than a decade with the Wolves. "We were at home, and it was a huge win. It's nothing personal."

can we end the debate now?

http://www.twincities.com/timberwolves/ci_8083557
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,377

Post#28 » by threrf23 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:00 pm

TheCelticsMan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sure, the twolves have seven wins, but they didn't play like they did last night.

Yes, at other times in the season I am pretty sure they have played better than they did last night. We really didn't play well. KG got on the boards but was not active enough offensively. Ray Allen couldn't hit a brick wall, PP was rather inefficient, Rondo never got in the flow, TA never stuck out offensively off the bench, and our defense was lacking somewhat. I don't know if it was a huge win, but it was an ugly win, and it saved us from an ugly, embarassing loss.

I don't know whether KG was or wasn't in bad taste last night and its tough to judge without hearing communication outside of the game (after all he should have a certain degree of healthy respect for the Minny organization or at the very least, his fans). All I know is, it seemed KG would have had a very hard time of losing to his old team, and I know that if this was Ricky Davis persay, who did perform on the court and did "try" as a member of the Cs, there would be a larger thread here proclaiming him to be a scumbag. If that was PP, after he had been traded, there would have been something similar and people proclaiming thats exactly why we needed to trade him as it showed he was too selfish to be a championship piece.

Of course, KG is known as a rather intense guy, and he is pretty accomplished. But you can't fault Minny fans for taking it the wrong way.
BigAlJ
Junior
And1: 0

Post#29 » by BigAlJ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:15 pm

I **** loved it.
CHryptic
Junior

Post#30 » by CHryptic » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:26 pm

For those of us who missed the intensity can anyone describe it?
HighAboveCourtside
Sophomore

Post#31 » by HighAboveCourtside » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:28 pm

Wow, I can't believe this is a big deal.

KG's actions are EXACTLY why he has become my favorite player over the past 4 months. He's shown that he actually gives a ****, something a lot of professional athletes do not. It was a tough game start to finish, and it was close right to the end. Anybody who didn't get excited over that win is not a fan. Period.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#32 » by Kefa461 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:00 pm

For those of you who have a problem with KG's intensive way of playing, this is how he's played for 13 years. Never has it been a problem until he wears green. All of a sudden it's a problem. Me thinks it's the big C problem and for that it takes a big mug of too **** bad. Thats how he plays, get over it he's a Celtic. He ain't Bird he's KG. That's how he is. Get over it. 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
s1ickd
Veteran
And1: 247

Post#33 » by s1ickd » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:00 am

my mother, who knows nothing about kg or basketball, watched the game with me. she instantly fell in love with his game and intensity.
daveisceltics
Bench Warmer
And1: 517

Post#34 » by daveisceltics » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:17 am

The man got hurt, came back in, and made the steal to win the game.
He's a winner.
KG has the right to gloat all he wants after all hes been through with that team.
hotdogwilson
Ballboy

Post#35 » by hotdogwilson » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:18 am

I agree with everything everyone has said on this topic. Except the stuff about Garnett, that was just way off base. You know which stuff I'm talking about too.
daveisceltics
Bench Warmer
And1: 517

Post#36 » by daveisceltics » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:18 am

return2glory wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree with everything you said except for wanting to punch KG in the face.

Act like you've been there. It's not like he made a game winner. Would Lary Bird have celebrated like that?

No, he would have fought someone.
DeeBrownLives
Rookie

Post#37 » by DeeBrownLives » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:52 am

Did anyone realize that he emphasized the Celtics logo rather than his own name?

It blows my mind that people think this was a selfish act. He was showing the fans of Boston that this was a Celtics victory not his own.

As they say, its the name on the front that matters, not the name on the back. People are grasping for straws.
geronimo72
Ballboy

Post#38 » by geronimo72 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:13 am

KG AND his emotions are great...to paraphrase other posts, it's great that one of the highest-paid athletes in any sport exibits that kind of passion and pride. From my perspective, KG was not disrespecting 'Sota or the fans, but perhaps reminding some cocky punks wearing the T-Wolves uniform whats up...this game reminded me why I'm glad to be rid of Telfair and Green; AJ and Ryan will be missed though.

Here's to #5 being retired down the line...this guy is a treasure!!!
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,782

Post#39 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:30 am

geronimo72 wrote:Here's to #5 being retired down the line...this guy is a treasure!!!

I know this has nothing to do with the thread, and I also know Garnett hasn't been a Celtic long enough to even start the retired number talk, but... has any player's number ever been retired by more than one team? (I assume that Minny will retire Garnett's number.)
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#40 » by return2glory » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:20 am

I love KG's intensity. I love players that play with emotion. I just feel he went a little over board. We beat a team with the worst record in the league, big deal.
WaydownSouth
Junior

Post#41 » by WaydownSouth » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:37 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I know this has nothing to do with the thread, and I also know Garnett hasn't been a Celtic long enough to even start the retired number talk, but... has any player's number ever been retired by more than one team? (I assume that Minny will retire Garnett's number.)

Kareem has his number retired from the Bucks and the Lakers.

Charles Barkley has 34 retired by the 76ers and is a member of the Suns "Ring of Honour" (I think this is the same as having your number retired, but I'm probably wrong).

Moses Malone has #24 with the Houston Rockets, and #2 with the 76ers retired.

The Big O has Bucks #1 and Kansas City Kings #14 retired. The current Kings still class #14 as retired.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think off at the moment..
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#42 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:45 am

Ef him. I hope Big Al dominates him on the 8th and does the same exact thing back to that "mf-ing punk"
tanat-0s
Banned User

Post#43 » by tanat-0s » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:56 am

return2glory wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

As a Celtic fan, I felt the same way. He was disrespectful to his old team and way too emotional. Act like you've seen there. It was a regular season game. It wasn't game 7 of a championship game.

KG approaches EVERY game like it's 7th game of NBA Finals.
That's why he was, is and always will be my favorite player.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#44 » by Kefa461 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:37 pm

return2glory wrote:I love KG's intensity. I love players that play with emotion. I just feel he went a little over board. We beat a team with the worst record in the league, big deal.

last year we could not beat the our 2nd team....thats the deal. :crazy: :crazy: yes you are. 8) Nothing makes you happy 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.

Return to Boston Celtics