ImageImageImageImageImage

How's Mikki doing???

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

ChampionRed
Assistant Coach
And1: 881

How's Mikki doing??? 

Post#1 » by ChampionRed » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:35 pm

As a Nets fan who is also a huge Mikki Moore fan, I just want to know how Mikki is doing this year and if Kings fan appreciate his game as much as the Nets appreciated it last year. Is he a fan favorite in Sac-town too? Is he a worse player in Sac then in Jersey? I need to know how my boy Mikki is doing over there! Thanks!
91siccx
Junior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by 91siccx » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:41 pm

i like the guy, seems like a good team mate, brings a lot of energy. but for the most part his play has been disappointing. some games he contributes a lot, other times you don't even realize he's out there.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,004

Post#3 » by OGSactownballer » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:56 pm

His real downside is that even though he CAN finish nicely (basically understands that you need to DUNK the ball when you get it near the rim), he does not have very good hands in space (away from the basket). Also, he is NOT a great passer (fairly good when not pressured).

He truly is an ideal back-up PF or undersized C for a team that needs 20-30 minutes a night from a third big. But, he is starting for us as the best available option right now and really doing a good overall job of holding down the fort. I think ideally that if SAR was healthy, he would be the starter and Moore would be coming off the bench behind him and Brad as the first option b/u big.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Smills91 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:23 pm

Like I've said before, if he had a thumb on each hand, he'd be REALLY good.
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Post#5 » by Sacramento_King » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:42 pm

He's a great screamer which I find entertaining. Screams at refs, when there is any contact, when he dunks. Amazingly loud.
King Baller
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#6 » by King Baller » Sun Feb 3, 2008 1:16 am

Mikki plays hard, defends & rebounds well. He is long and runs the court well.

I think Petrie did good signing Mikki,
KB
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#7 » by KingInExile » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:24 am

Mikki really struggled to find his groove at the start of the season, but he's starting to come around. He's no franchise big, but he's a good to very good role player. I love his emotion and intensity. I just wish he had better hands. Overall: very happy Petrie made the move.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#8 » by Smills91 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 3:42 am

KingInExile wrote:Mikki really struggled to find his groove at the start of the season, but he's starting to come around. He's no franchise big, but he's a good to very good role player. I love his emotion and intensity. I just wish he had better hands. Overall: very happy Petrie made the move.

Agreed, with that said, I don't think he's any worse than Anderson Varejao(and that guy deems himself a 10 million a year player, :crazy: )
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by KingInExile » Sun Feb 3, 2008 4:03 am

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Agreed, with that said, I don't think he's any worse than Anderson Varejao(and that guy deems himself a 10 million a year player, :crazy: )

Come on...he's way better than Varejo.
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#10 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 4:09 am

Varejo is better rebonuder thats it
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#11 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Feb 3, 2008 6:59 am

Hey guys, think about this for second.....our interior D has been better than it has been in years. I really like Mikki, his length and willingness to take charges has made us a much better defensive team inside. And like I said, he knows how to stay out of the way. He and Brad make up the most effective frontcourt we have had since Brad/Vlade in 03/04
ChampionRed
Assistant Coach
And1: 881

Post#12 » by ChampionRed » Mon Feb 4, 2008 8:42 pm

I'm glad to hear that he is continuing to thrive on the Kings because that would have sucked if he came to sactown and was exploited as only a Kidd made product.
Vlade4life
Junior
And1: 0

Post#13 » by Vlade4life » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:09 pm

Complete waste of cap space.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by KingInExile » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:30 pm

Vlade4life wrote:Complete waste of cap space.
He asked about Mikki Moore, not Kenny Thomas.
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#15 » by Cruel_Ruin » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:47 pm

Netsultimatefan63 wrote:I'm glad to hear that he is continuing to thrive on the Kings because that would have sucked if he came to sactown and was exploited as only a Kidd made product.

Well.... to be fair, he still gets spoon fed for most of his baskets in a Kidd-esque way by Brad Miller, Ron Artest and Kevin Martin, but that's exactly what we need right now at the PF position on offense, to just finish off the garbage points in the paint (If Mikki had better hands and could rebounds then he'd be ideal)

Return to Sacramento Kings