ImageImageImage

Teams inquiring about Powe and Baby....

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Prophet_C
Starter
And1: 99

Teams inquiring about Powe and Baby.... 

Post#1 » by Prophet_C » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:01 pm

From the insider. It doesn't say too much except teams are inquiring about them. I don't want to get rid of either of them but who knows what other teams may offer. I didn't post the link or brief passage due it being from ESPN insider. It didn't specify any teams.

If I had to choose one. I want to keep Baby ofcourse.
jjwalker
Junior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by jjwalker » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:06 pm

they don't make a lot of money so what they would get back would not really be much better... baby and powe are actually VERY good role players.
JiriMania
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by JiriMania » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:06 pm

well probably nothing will happen but its fun to have a little speculation...

Powe makes close to 700,000
Baby makes a little over 400,000

Only way we can get something of substance is to combine it with Scal's contract or maybe Tony's. 'We'll see if anything come of it.
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#4 » by Rocky5000 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:12 pm

Here's the original source:
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bask ... id=1075016

You also don't need insider to see these rumors for some reason.

Out of those 2, I think i'd rather hold on to BBD, even though Powe has been outplaying him lately. BBD just seems to have more upside.

The salary isn't that big of a deal, because we might be able to get something decent if we S&T our own version of Keith Van Horn.
frankdatank
Ballboy

Post#5 » by frankdatank » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:13 pm

if u include Scal :clap: ........if its Tony :banghead: Tony played really well last night and his knee doesnt seem to be bothering him anymore
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#6 » by sully00 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:22 pm

I wouldn't mind trying to get Collison out of SEA. A guy who makes a good chunk for a long time and is kind of splitting a role with Wilcox. The Sonics are long enough at with Durant and Green to take a guy like Leon and really max his potential.

But my guess is that most teams are looking to pick these guys up for draft picks and that isn't helping Boston.

One move that would be really shady on the C's part but may make the most sense, is that with the way Tony Allen is playing to package Eddie, who makes about $300,000 less than Tony, with one of these two and get a real PG. Powe and Eddie could return a 2.8 mil salary.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,805

Post#7 » by meatball sub » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:48 pm

sully00 wrote:I wouldn't mind trying to get Collison out of SEA. A guy who makes a good chunk for a long time and is kind of splitting a role with Wilcox. The Sonics are long enough at with Durant and Green to take a guy like Leon and really max his potential.

But my guess is that most teams are looking to pick these guys up for draft picks and that isn't helping Boston.

One move that would be really shady on the C's part but may make the most sense, is that with the way Tony Allen is playing to package Eddie, who makes about $300,000 less than Tony, with one of these two and get a real PG. Powe and Eddie could return a 2.8 mil salary.

Scal + Powe = Collison to Boston = #1 pick in Oklahoma City = CHAMPIONSHIP
armageddon
Rookie

Post#8 » by armageddon » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:01 pm

I'd rather combine Perk, Scal, and Pollard with $3 mill for a total of about $12 mil. That gets a player up to about $15 mil. That provides a lot of options.
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#9 » by Datruth345 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:06 pm

Perk isn't getting traded
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#10 » by Rocky5000 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Yeah I don't think there is much interest in Perk. We need to do what LA and Dallas did and sign someone in order to make a trade work. Or we can wait until players get bought out. I think that is what other teams are intending to do. I really like the idea of getting Justin Williams, I think he could fit nicely in with our system. Dallas is also after Williams so we will have to move quickly if we want him.
Tenbomber
Banned User
And1: 989

Post#11 » by Tenbomber » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:26 pm

As little as Doc uses Perk when we need him out there.... they might just as well trade him!....

As you can tell, I'm a little concerned about Doc's "small ball" tendancys again... time to "wake him up" with a little debate?????
dwestside
Rookie

Post#12 » by dwestside » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:41 pm

armageddon wrote:I'd rather combine Perk, Scal, and Pollard with $3 mill for a total of about $12 mil. That gets a player up to about $15 mil. That provides a lot of options.

That presents zero options. Perk is the only trade value there so the return would be unsubstantial, and probably wouldn't yield anything that makes the trade worth it.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#13 » by sully00 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:47 pm

Rocky5000 wrote:Yeah I don't think there is much interest in Perk. We need to do what LA and Dallas did and sign someone in order to make a trade work. Or we can wait until players get bought out. I think that is what other teams are intending to do. I really like the idea of getting Justin Williams, I think he could fit nicely in with our system. Dallas is also after Williams so we will have to move quickly if we want him.

We don't have anyone's bird rights to sign to a significant contract. I can't even think of the last contract we let expire.
P2
Banned User

Post#14 » by P2 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:10 pm

I am pretty sure Ainge has offers on the table he could pull the trigger on. But Scal should be included if there was any deal involving Powe or Baby. Heck, throw in Pruitt, too!
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#15 » by Rocky5000 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:52 pm

sully00 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We don't have anyone's bird rights to sign to a significant contract. I can't even think of the last contract we let expire.

Look here, we have a few.
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-3 ... raded.html

Roshown McLeod is the largest. We also have Barros, and Grant Long.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#16 » by ddb » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:56 pm

Danny Ainge isn't changing anything about this team. Take it for what it is. The ONLY change that potentially will be made will be bringing in Sam Cassell if he's bought out in LA.

That's it. Ainge likes this team and why wouldn't he? We're coasting through the season and preparing for the playoffs. Powe and Baby have stepped up their game. Posey, House, and T. Allen continue to get better and give us three really solid guys off the bench.

We match up well with pretty much everyone in the league. Especially, if we add Sam Cassell.

if we're playing the spurs we have KG who is Duncan's #1 rival. We have Powe, Baby, and Pollard to give us plenty of fouls. We have T. Allen, j Posey, and Rondo who can defend Parker and Manu. Our team matches up very well with the spurs.

same with the rest of the west and the pistons.

cassell would be nice though

Return to Boston Celtics