ImageImageImage

GAME 6 : Celtics @ Hawks - Friday, May 2nd

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

TA42
Sixth Man
And1: 772

Post#457 » by TA42 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:27 am

While I know Doc's game management skills have always been questionable the one thing that frustrates me the most is his use of timeouts.

He'll let a team go on a 10 nothing run with the crowd going crazy before he calls one. Other coaches sense right away after a big play or two that they need to call one to settle the troops down.

He doesn't seem to do this.

Does he think timeouts are worth extra points at the end of the game? Ugh.
TheCelticTruth
Analyst
And1: 0
Location: You Can't Handle the Truth, the real city of champions, again.

Post#458 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:28 am

hype_2004 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He's the starting PG, it's his job to direct plays, instruct players, relays signals and improvise on broken plays, hes failed on all of them.

do i really have to repost?

you cant pin an entire team's collape on one player, especially when, i wont blame them entirely that wouldnt be fair, the refs who usually favor a home team slightly more than slightly favored the hawks tonight

also, if your description of rondo was anywhere close to accurate he wouldnt have had as many votes in the most improved player category as he did and we wouldnt have been a great team in the regular season

oh, and if youre looking at stats i guess i didnt realize that rondo's 40 assists to 4 turnovers was worse than bibby's 13 to 12

rondo is tied with chris paul to lead the postseason in ass/to at 10, bibby is # 45

edit: those stats werent including tonights game, but rondo's terrible game was still better than any game bibby had until tonight, and bibby still almost lost it by not hitting both FTs

Sig by twolves4ever
Boston-Syracuse-North Carolina, Screw Duke and BC
"ubuntu"
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#459 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat May 3, 2008 3:29 am

Ok. Calmed down. No more cursing..well maybe a little.

I think the celtics will win game 7. But I will be worried. Anything can happen. And I'll tell ya, after seeing the pats lose to the giants, this might just drive me nuts. Over the edge. I cannot take another upset, where you can't even turn on espn without them talking about, is this the biggest upset in history???? Argh! It just angers me so much.
cinnamon
Starter
And1: 1

Post#460 » by cinnamon » Sat May 3, 2008 3:29 am

hype_2004 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He's the starting PG, it's his job to direct plays, instruct players, relays signals and improvise on broken plays, hes failed on all of them.

I think he's an excellent young starting point guard, and has improved greatly through the season, and will continue to improve. A lot of teams would love to have him as their starting PG.
I wonder where your hostility towards him comes from.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#461 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 3:30 am

Paul Pierce's 6th foul was all the evidence I needed to know that these games in Atlanta have been rigged in favor of the Hawks. I really don't give a **** what any of the Hawks fans will say. Ya'll have a great young team with a very bright future but you guys are not winning on your own...
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#462 » by bru87tr » Sat May 3, 2008 3:30 am

celts should pack it in.

the cavs are gonna eat them for lunch. I mean LJ will eat them for lunch.

I would have never said that before this series, but its truly pathetic the celtics are going 7 with a loser team who has no shot at the championship.
TheCelticTruth
Analyst

Post#463 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:31 am

The Rondo Show wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I doubt he thought he'd get a technical for throwing his headband towards the bench; it's not like he threw it in the direction of the official. No idea why a ref felt the need to make that ridiculous call in that situation and then give Pierce a technical for frustration towards a call like that. Again, it's not like he threw it in the direction of the ref. I was stunned he got T'd up for that, especially at such a crucial part of the game.

i felt like the 6th for the graze on pachulia was a little touchy but i wasnt going to bitch about that. it wasnt anything that many players on both teams have gotten away with all series so why they had to call it now i dont know...

but the technical was ridiculous, what do you expect pierce to be glad or cool with the fact he fouled out on a questionable call? and as rondo show said, his frustration was towards the bench, no refs, its a little ridiculous.

bob delaney claims hes disgusted by tim donaghy, but who is the one who was really in bed with the mafia

Sig by twolves4ever

"ubuntu"
TheCelticTruth
Analyst

Post#464 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:32 am

bru87tr wrote:celts should pack it in.

the cavs are gonna eat them for lunch. I mean LJ will eat them for lunch.

I would have never said that before this series, but its truly pathetic the celtics are going 7 with a loser team who has no shot at the championship.

the celtics have played some basketball that may be as historically terrible as their defense was good in the season

Sig by twolves4ever

"ubuntu"
Joebiscuit
Banned User

Post#465 » by Joebiscuit » Sat May 3, 2008 3:33 am

Also we should not take for granted that we will win in game 7. I remember clear as day when the celtics lost to the Knicks in game 5 where Ewing hit a 3.

Anything can happen. Celtics could lay an egg like they did against the Bobcats or Sixers and be be done.
TheCelticTruth
Analyst

Post#466 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:33 am

oh great and now wiretap is stating kobe will be mvp, despite how superior chris paul is

this is the worst night ive had as a basketball fan in a looooooong time

Sig by twolves4ever

"ubuntu"
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#467 » by mr_sunshine » Sat May 3, 2008 3:33 am

bstein14 wrote:The Pierce technical really energized the crowd and team.

He lost his composure and it could have been the difference in the game.

The foul had already been called, why throw your head band like that in such an important game?

Even if the Celtics win game 7 (which I would bet on) I have my doubts as to whether or not they'll keep their composure against a much most experienced, playoff tested Cavs team.

Maybe he took lessons from Sheed on how to have an emotional meltdown and throw his headband? I dunno. :dontknow:
Hairy Midget
Lead Assistant

Post#468 » by Hairy Midget » Sat May 3, 2008 3:34 am

You guys really blaming the refs for a 66 win team going 7 games against a 37 win team in the playoffs?
TheCelticTruth
Analyst

Post#469 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:36 am

Hairy Midget wrote:You guys really blaming the refs for a 66 win team going 7 games against a 37 win team in the playoffs?

im not so petty as to put it all on the refs, but there has been some legit favoritism cards played in the ATL.

now anyone who doesnt expect the home team to get some preference in a playoff series in the nba probably has never watched the nba playoffs, but the margin of preference has been much greater for the hawks in ATL than the Cs in BOS

Sig by twolves4ever

"ubuntu"
Harry10
Banned User

Post#470 » by Harry10 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:36 am

TheCelticTruth wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i felt like the 6th for the graze on pachulia was a little touchy but i wasnt going to bitch about that. it wasnt anything that many players on both teams have gotten away with all series so why they had to call it now i dont know...

but the technical was ridiculous, what do you expect pierce to be glad or cool with the fact he fouled out on a questionable call? and as rondo show said, his frustration was towards the bench, no refs, its a little ridiculous.

bob delaney claims hes disgusted by tim donaghy, but who is the one who was really in bed with the mafia

it might be questionable, but really, what possess a player to grab another player with both arms when you are sitting on 5 fouls.... as a matter of fact, what lack of instict do you have to hug another player with zero fouls.

but anyway, the tech was a tech, we don't know what exactly Paul said to the ref, but i think he got the tech because he was slow in getting off the court.
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#471 » by mr_sunshine » Sat May 3, 2008 3:36 am

Retrovision wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Retrovision wrote:
Its going to be a good one, Hawks use home-cooked officiating and nearly 2:1 FT ratio to muster a 3 point win.

Close Enough

Fixed.
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#472 » by The Rondo Show » Sat May 3, 2008 3:37 am

Hairy Midget wrote:You guys really blaming the refs for a 66 win team going 7 games against a 37 win team in the playoffs?
No, we are really blaming the refs for calling a one-sided, **** game and making calls that haven't been made all year at the most important part of the game.

But thanks for your concern, chief.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#473 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat May 3, 2008 3:37 am

TheCelticTruth wrote:oh great and now wiretap is stating kobe will be mvp, despite how superior chris paul is

this is the worst night ive had as a basketball fan in a looooooong time

:banghead:

Tell me about it. CP3 deserved it, yet no. Oh man, I am going to be sick. We better win in game 7.
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant

Post#474 » by EvadedHavoc » Sat May 3, 2008 3:37 am

The only thing about the Refs i didnt like was that bogus 6th foul on Pierce.
TheCelticTruth
Analyst

Post#475 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:37 am

if the celtics had twice the FTs the hawks did i would think something was wrong too. ive never played in a basketball game where a team fouled twice as much

Sig by twolves4ever

"ubuntu"
ramshackle75
Pro Prospect

Post#476 » by ramshackle75 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:37 am

Yep.

Return to Boston Celtics