ImageImageImage

GAME 6 : Celtics @ Hawks - Friday, May 2nd

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

TheCelticTruth
Analyst
And1: 0
Location: You Can't Handle the Truth, the real city of champions, again.

Post#469 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:36 am

Hairy Midget wrote:You guys really blaming the refs for a 66 win team going 7 games against a 37 win team in the playoffs?

im not so petty as to put it all on the refs, but there has been some legit favoritism cards played in the ATL.

now anyone who doesnt expect the home team to get some preference in a playoff series in the nba probably has never watched the nba playoffs, but the margin of preference has been much greater for the hawks in ATL than the Cs in BOS

Sig by twolves4ever
Boston-Syracuse-North Carolina, Screw Duke and BC
"ubuntu"
Harry10
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#470 » by Harry10 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:36 am

TheCelticTruth wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i felt like the 6th for the graze on pachulia was a little touchy but i wasnt going to bitch about that. it wasnt anything that many players on both teams have gotten away with all series so why they had to call it now i dont know...

but the technical was ridiculous, what do you expect pierce to be glad or cool with the fact he fouled out on a questionable call? and as rondo show said, his frustration was towards the bench, no refs, its a little ridiculous.

bob delaney claims hes disgusted by tim donaghy, but who is the one who was really in bed with the mafia

it might be questionable, but really, what possess a player to grab another player with both arms when you are sitting on 5 fouls.... as a matter of fact, what lack of instict do you have to hug another player with zero fouls.

but anyway, the tech was a tech, we don't know what exactly Paul said to the ref, but i think he got the tech because he was slow in getting off the court.
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#471 » by mr_sunshine » Sat May 3, 2008 3:36 am

Retrovision wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Retrovision wrote:
Its going to be a good one, Hawks use home-cooked officiating and nearly 2:1 FT ratio to muster a 3 point win.

Close Enough

Fixed.
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#472 » by The Rondo Show » Sat May 3, 2008 3:37 am

Hairy Midget wrote:You guys really blaming the refs for a 66 win team going 7 games against a 37 win team in the playoffs?
No, we are really blaming the refs for calling a one-sided, **** game and making calls that haven't been made all year at the most important part of the game.

But thanks for your concern, chief.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#473 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat May 3, 2008 3:37 am

TheCelticTruth wrote:oh great and now wiretap is stating kobe will be mvp, despite how superior chris paul is

this is the worst night ive had as a basketball fan in a looooooong time

:banghead:

Tell me about it. CP3 deserved it, yet no. Oh man, I am going to be sick. We better win in game 7.
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant

Post#474 » by EvadedHavoc » Sat May 3, 2008 3:37 am

The only thing about the Refs i didnt like was that bogus 6th foul on Pierce.
TheCelticTruth
Analyst

Post#475 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:37 am

if the celtics had twice the FTs the hawks did i would think something was wrong too. ive never played in a basketball game where a team fouled twice as much

Sig by twolves4ever

"ubuntu"
ramshackle75
Pro Prospect

Post#476 » by ramshackle75 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:37 am

Yep.
gf2020hotmail
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#477 » by gf2020hotmail » Sat May 3, 2008 3:38 am

The Rondo Show wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I doubt he thought he'd get a technical for throwing his headband towards the bench; it's not like he threw it in the direction of the official. No idea why a ref felt the need to make that ridiculous call in that situation and then give Pierce a technical for frustration towards a call like that. Again, it's not like he threw it in the direction of the ref. I was stunned he got T'd up for that, especially at such a crucial part of the game.

Throwing your headband while on the court, no matter where you are aiming it is pretty much always an automatic technical, even in the playoffs. Udonis Haslem got one in a series against the Bulls in a similar situation. Paul probably wasn't thinking about it at all, which was the problem.
TheCelticTruth
Analyst

Post#478 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:38 am

Harry10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

it might be questionable, but really, what possess a player to grab another player with both arms when you are sitting on 5 fouls.... as a matter of fact, what lack of instict do you have to hug another player with zero fouls.

but anyway, the tech was a tech, we don't know what exactly Paul said to the ref, but i think he got the tech because he was slow in getting off the court.

well you can say there was grabbing, and i wont even say you were wrong because the replays i saw were pretty far out in terms of zoom, but it looked more like pierce reached over pachulia and tangled him up than that he grabbed him. i never argue a grab foul call, whether they get called both ways or not. i was a dirty defender but there are lines you shouldnt cross

Sig by twolves4ever

"ubuntu"
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,743

Post#479 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 3:38 am

TheCelticTruth wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

im not so petty as to put it all on the refs, but there has been some legit favoritism cards played in the ATL.

now anyone who doesnt expect the home team to get some preference in a playoff series in the nba probably has never watched the nba playoffs, but the margin of preference has been much greater for the hawks in ATL than the Cs in BOS

Ok, you summed up how I feel in a very level headed way. Thank you, I'm way too pissed off to explain how I feel right now.
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#480 » by mr_sunshine » Sat May 3, 2008 3:39 am

If you don't think there's any officiating discrepancy you're blind.
NBAMAN2006
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#481 » by NBAMAN2006 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:39 am

I just wanna ask really fast.

Why on earth would the NBA rig this series in favor of the Hawks? Stern has to be just salivating at the opportunity of a Boston/LA finals.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#482 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat May 3, 2008 3:42 am

NBAMAN2006 wrote:I just wanna ask really fast.

Why on earth would the NBA rig this series in favor of the Hawks? Stern has to be just salivating at the opportunity of a Boston/LA finals.

To get Atlanta's attendance back up to what it was in the 80's. Celtics-Hawks have a rivalry too.

I am not calling it a conspiracy theory, I am just saying that the refs have **** us over, why, I don't know :dontknow:
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,024

Post#483 » by tfmiii » Sat May 3, 2008 3:42 am

Celts win 66 games playing stifling defense.... then the playoffs begin and such defense results in 30+ fouls???
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#484 » by bstein14 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:42 am

mr_sunshine wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe he took lessons from Sheed on how to have an emotional meltdown and throw his headband? I dunno. :dontknow:

Sheed's been T'd up for throwing his headband.

Sheed has lost his cool and hurt the Pistons.

Tonight, Pierce lost his cool and it hurt the Celtics.
Retrovision
Pro Prospect

Post#485 » by Retrovision » Sat May 3, 2008 3:43 am

mr_sunshine wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Fixed.

If it makes you feel better.
TheCelticTruth
Analyst

Post#486 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:44 am

well its not in favor unless they win it. there are a lot of stern conspiracy theories throughout the years. i dunno if i believe them but there are enough that i dont know if i disbelieve them either

but logically, stern would want every series to go seven games

Sig by twolves4ever

"ubuntu"
TheCelticTruth
Analyst

Post#487 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:44 am

tfmiii wrote:Celts win 66 games playing stifling defense.... then the playoffs begin and such defense results in 30+ fouls???

tis a fair question

i feel similarly, though maybe less biased and more justified, to how i felt about the fact that all season long any time the patriots had a QB as wrapped up as they did eli on that miracle throw, they would call unneccesary roughness on the guy who came in and delivered the actual hit, so the one play where they dont make the extra hit, the refs dont whistle the play dead

Sig by twolves4ever

"ubuntu"
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,743

Post#488 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 3:46 am

Stern is trying to revive the Atlanta basketball franchise by giving their fans something to be excited for. The Hawks I'm sure are going to sell double the amount of season tickets next year because of this series.

Stern doesn't want them to win, he just doesn't want every game turning out like they would have if he hadn't of intervened. If you want to know what would happen if the refs weren't intentionally trying to hand them games just look at what has happened in Boston when the free throw ratio isn't 2:1 in favor of the Hawks.

Return to Boston Celtics