ImageImageImage

The Hawks Ain't Done Yet...I'm Still Worried(Question in...)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

eitanr
General Manager
And1: 299

Post#13 » by eitanr » Thu May 1, 2008 5:32 pm

Ya Atlanta really could emerge next season. I still think they need to resolve 2 issues. Horford is really a 4, so may have a quandry regarding he and Smith for the future. Also they need a long term PG solution and I don't think it's AC Law.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,106

Post#14 » by MaxwellSmart » Thu May 1, 2008 5:58 pm

When the C's actually pay attention to these guys,it's no contest...but we keep taking mental breaks during the games...and the Hawks pounce on those moments.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#15 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 1, 2008 6:38 pm

^^True. Still, you can't deny they have some nice players who would be great on the C's if we could get 'em!

Should be a good game tomorrow night...we win, but a good game! :rocking:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Tricky Ricky
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#16 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu May 1, 2008 7:33 pm

as we did last night this friday we will continue to contend Double J and make the rest of the Hawks beat us which I do not think will happen
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#17 » by GuyClinch » Thu May 1, 2008 7:48 pm

Hmm call me crazy but AC Law is a bright spot. I would love to have him on the team..backing up Rondo.

Pete
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#18 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 1, 2008 7:51 pm

GuyClinch wrote:Hmm call me crazy but AC Law is a bright spot. I would love to have him on the team..backing up Rondo.

Pete

I think Marvin Williams has emerged nicely, too.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#19 » by Gomes3PC » Thu May 1, 2008 8:25 pm

I don't mind Johnson and Bibby talking because they have done something in this league, namely be on quality playoff squads. But Horford needs to shut the F up. He yaps even in games where he has 4 points or his team is down 20. And while he's put up solid numbers I have yet to see him as an impactful player for ATL. As JJ/Smith/Bibby go, so goes Atlanta. Horford needs a slice of humble pie. Christian Laettner was a stud and national champion in college too- what did he do in the NBA?
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#20 » by celticfan42487 » Thu May 1, 2008 9:06 pm

I think ATL still needs to re-build. There playing inspired ball, but Bibby isn't going to do it for them. AC Law is good for them because he can defend and is fast... but they have no threats on the field besides Joe if Biby leaves and AC is the PG.

I like them using their athletisim consitently but they need another iso player. Honestly AL Jefferson would be great for them with either Smooth or Horford. Then they'd be able to run well in the half court and keep AC as a starting PG to really keep the pace up.

Horford is great but I wouldn't want to run an offense through him down low.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#21 » by meatball sub » Thu May 1, 2008 9:12 pm

It's on to the second round after Friday, Matty boy.
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#22 » by JoshB914 » Thu May 1, 2008 9:14 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:I think ATL still needs to re-build. There playing inspired ball, but Bibby isn't going to do it for them. AC Law is good for them because he can defend and is fast... but they have no threats on the field besides Joe if Biby leaves and AC is the PG.

I like them using their athletisim consitently but they need another iso player. Honestly AL Jefferson would be great for them with either Smooth or Horford. Then they'd be able to run well in the half court and keep AC as a starting PG to really keep the pace up.

Horford is great but I wouldn't want to run an offense through him down low.

Bibby must be replaced after next season. But I woldn't call that "rebuilding," more like tweaking it. I think we are close (I'm shocked I'm saying that). The main thing we need to overhaul this summer is our bench. You guys haven't heard a peep out of Mario West, Jeremy Richardson, and Solomon Jones this series (most people have never even heard of them). Part of that is on Woodson for not giving them enough of a chance to play earlier in the season, and another is that we traded a lot of our depth away in the Bibby deal and stuck with what we had.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#23 » by GuyClinch » Thu May 1, 2008 9:33 pm

Close? You mean close to a .500 win season.

Pete
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#24 » by celticfan42487 » Thu May 1, 2008 11:01 pm

Well I disagree, Joe is a great second option. Horford is a great third option, Marv and Smith are okay thirds along with Bibby...

but your team is still missing it's first option, and an entire bench. So I'd say that's rebuilding. Still need to get a breathtaking player.

The only way I could see you winning is if you pulled off something like Bibby,Marv, two future firsts for a Max signed Agent 0.

Because right now you're guys don't hurt the oposing teams often enough from successfull passing in the half court. Too many times open or slightly contensted jumpers are bricked or a turnover is made. And both are just backbreakers that kill momentum.

It's fine to have the pace and fastbreak opportunites be the team's Spear that fatal wounds a team.. but your team still needs the rest of a body to fight toe to toe in a halfcourt game.

edit: And it's hard to get that ideal first option player like a Gilbert. But don't get me wrong, I'm not hating, I mean if you were able to snag someone like an Andre Miller or something you would still are a very solid playoff team and be top 5 in the East. But the team needs a lot of work still.
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#25 » by JoshB914 » Fri May 2, 2008 1:09 am

^^^ Baby steps. We aren't going to be a championship team because you said, we lack depth and don't have a first option. But we should bring a solid starting five into next season, and if we can get a couple of pieces off the bench I see no reason we can't be right there with Washington and Cleveland.

I think you're misinterpreting the definition of "close" as C's fans' expectations are obviously much higher than ours.
SonicYouth34
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by SonicYouth34 » Fri May 2, 2008 5:37 am

What kind of player is Marvin Williams going to develop into? Could he ever be the #1 option?
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
1,2,3 Ubuntu.
IEcelticfan
Bench Warmer

Post#27 » by IEcelticfan » Fri May 2, 2008 6:44 am

i dont think it's going on in other 1st rd series, at least none in the det-phi, orl-tor, nugs-fakers and uta-hou series. then again i havent followed those series(es) too closely
Adobozz
Junior

Post#28 » by Adobozz » Fri May 2, 2008 7:19 am

SonicYouth34 wrote:What kind of player is Marvin Williams going to develop into? Could he ever be the #1 option?

His main weakness is that he can't handle the ball, doesn't have range on his jumpshot. He is not agressive at times. He is not asking for the ball enough. His only strength right now is his jumpshot from 15-18 feet if it goes in.

He always plays hard on D though, but he is weak.. :nod:

He is got a lot of work to do and maybe he can be a solid 2nd option behind a Wilt Chamberlain like player. :banghead:

Best case scenerio would be PP(Princess Pierce). Jk Celtics fans haha. Pierce is a good player i just don't like him when he plays the Hawks.

Return to Boston Celtics