ImageImageImage

nice little stat to look at for games in Atlanta (obvious)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,671

nice little stat to look at for games in Atlanta (obvious) 

Post#1 » by The Corey's » Sat May 3, 2008 3:05 am

Game 3

Boston 23-25
Atlanta 20-27

Game 4

Boston 10-18
Atlanta 29-33

Game 6

Boston 20-25
Atlanta 36-47

totals

Boston 68
Atlanta 107

differance of 39

This is why the Celts are going 7 with the Hawks, look at that horrible offciating, dont tell me to stop blaming the refs cause there is no **** way that its that lop sided because of the actual play on the courts.

Everyone has said that Boston is 20 points better then the Hawks, what better way to fix that by giving them 20 more FT attempts a game, I mean ****, they got 45 of them tonight, 45 and 80 combined between this and there last home game.

could care less if the celts win now, i wont even bother getting up early on sunday to catch the start of the game, only positive that i can see coming out of this bull is maybe rivers gets fired, but he wont.
JCizzle
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#2 » by JCizzle » Sat May 3, 2008 3:07 am

Anyone have points in the paint for these games?
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Post#3 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 3:07 am

This thread pretty much sums up how I feel. The refs kept the Hawks in this series by HANDING them games 4 and 6...

IMO, the Hawks won on their own in game 3 and that's it.
SonicYouth34
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#4 » by SonicYouth34 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:14 am

bove310 wrote:This thread pretty much sums up how I feel. The refs kept the Hawks in this series by HANDING them games 4 and 6...

IMO, the Hawks won on their own in game 3 and that's it.

Yeah...imagine how bad it's gonna be with LeBron :banghead: :banghead:
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
1,2,3 Ubuntu.
sk33
Head Coach

Post#5 » by sk33 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:16 am

Stop whining. I'm a neutral observer and I can say the calls are almost all deserved. Some bad ones have gone both ways. Boston was greatly helped in game 5 by very timely somewhat questionable calls anytime the Hawks were making a run.

When you stake out at the 3 pt line and fire away you're going to get less calls than a team that attacks and gets hammered at the hoop.

If anything, you should all be thanking the officiating structure of the NBA for not handing down a multiple game suspension to KG for shoving a ref, which I've never heard of going unsuspended in any sports league's history.
Trade Wallace

(this worked for Skiles. Lets go for 2)
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#6 » by The Corey's » Sat May 3, 2008 3:16 am

Just want to make it known that im still not worried about this series, I know the Celts are gonna win.

But that isnt my worry, the series has shown the Celts will not win in the long run cause of multiple reasons.

One of them is because the coaching, but Im not giving Ray Allen a pass, he has flat out sucked outside of game 5 for my memory, and KG has gotten way too soft, during one part of the game he turned it over twice on the offensive side back to back, they dont seem like they want to be out there, they look too scared to take the big shots.

That will earn you a 4 game sweep against the Pistons and SA, Ray Allen should be limited to 10 shots, and Cassel 5 cause they shoot too much.

love how mike just said the Hawks shot 48% and that if they do that on sunday were in trouble, its easy to shot 50% when your being bailed out by the refs with all those fouls, less FG shot, means higher percentage, in theory anyways.
Collinto
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#7 » by Collinto » Sat May 3, 2008 3:18 am

It has nothing to do with th refs...this team is a joke. The A-rod of basketball teams, stats when they don't matter.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#8 » by The Corey's » Sat May 3, 2008 3:19 am

sk33 wrote:Stop whining.

The Corey's wrote: dont tell me to stop blaming the refs.

I think if your neutral, you could atleast respect our biased opinions because no one here really cares what anyone thinks at this point.
sk33
Head Coach

Post#9 » by sk33 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:21 am

The Corey's wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think if your neutral, you could atleast respect our biased opinions because no one here really cares what anyone thinks at this point.

Fair enough. I just don't want this to become a believed subplot of the series. The refs really have done quite an equal job, and if you watched all the games.. you could probably argue for either team getting the ultimate benefit.

This isn't like 2005 when Wade was falling without being touched and being sent to the line.
Trade Wallace

(this worked for Skiles. Lets go for 2)
PPAW4Life
Banned User

Post#10 » by PPAW4Life » Sat May 3, 2008 3:23 am

JCizzle wrote:Anyone have points in the paint for these games?

I am pretty sure we are leading in this category.

Tonight we had something like 38 to 22 late in the 3rd quarter.

But the officiating doesn't indicate we are the ones playing downlow.

It is also important to note we shot more 3's and perimeter shots.

Another thing to note is that the Hawks got a lot of their foul shots from us fouling jump shooters.
meatball sub
RealGM

Post#11 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 3:24 am

Anybody who says the refs haven't played a BIG hand in this thing is ignoring the evidence...look at those free throw differentials!!! We blow them out in every single home game and they win by less than 10 in every single game at home, two within 5 points. We're the superior team and there's no denying that. We were outplayed in ONE game so far and we're headed to game 7, I'd say that's the refs...
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#12 » by Athanacropolis » Sat May 3, 2008 3:25 am

Collinto wrote:It has nothing to do with th refs...this team is a joke. The A-rod of basketball teams, stats when they don't matter.

Sadly, I agree. Can't blame the refs here, but you can blame A) bad coaching, B) bad shot selection, C) horrible defense, D) poor composure, E) and mental weakness.

66 regular seasons...who cares?
meatball sub
RealGM

Post#13 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 3:28 am

The refs aren't the only factor, I think we all know that. The thing is, we're a far better team and even with horrible decisions by Doc we shouldn't have to go to game 7 against the Hawks.
bingoboyraps
Junior
And1: 5

Post#14 » by bingoboyraps » Sat May 3, 2008 3:30 am

...there were some real questionable calls...

...however, all series long the Hawks have gone to the line more...

...you can't blame the refs for the Celts not being able to make a shot in the 4th, honestly...

...don't sweat it, they will win game 7 at home by 25...

(copied from the game thread)
Brazilian_Hawk
Junior
And1: 3

Post#15 » by Brazilian_Hawk » Sat May 3, 2008 3:33 am

the Celtics are superior. True.
the Celtics are being robbed on the road. False. At the beggining of game 6 the refs were calling a lot of crap against the Hawks, especially on Horford, and protecting KG (who shouldn't even be playing if the NBA wasn't rigged).
You guys have Stern's support, and may very well be the champions, but saying you are being robbed if false. Stop shooting from the perimeter and you will get some calls as well.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#16 » by The Corey's » Sat May 3, 2008 3:47 am

really, i think its the phantom calls that have the celt fans in a frenzy.

like bibby falling to the ground creating whatever small contact there was with ray allen and bailing them out. thats just one that comes to mind, i suppose thats a foul to you though.
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#17 » by Rip2137 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:48 am

But the Hawks fans could easily point at the two phantom fouls on Horford, the bad blocking call on Smith and others. Its basketball. Calls are all over the place.

This isn't Lakers/Sacramento game 6 out there.

The Hawks have NO jumpshooters outside of Joe Johnson and you guys have been doubling him to get the ball out of his hands.

So basically, you have nothing but slashers out there going to the rim on EVERY play. Of course the Hawks are going to have alot more freethrows. Paul Pierce is the only one that will usually get to the line on your team because KG is a fade away jump shooter and Ray Allen is a jumpshooter.
maddbaron
Analyst

Post#18 » by maddbaron » Sat May 3, 2008 3:49 am

the refs have nothing to do with this.
At the last time out just by looking at the boston bench they were nervous. Didn't give off the energy or look of champions.
Go back and look at old Bulls games even trailing they gave off the vibe "WE ARE GONNA WIN"
Boston doesn't give me that vibe...
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#19 » by The Corey's » Sat May 3, 2008 3:52 am

its a fair argument dont get me wrong.

the arguments im making is how can in two games, the Hawks be 20 FT attempts better then the Celts?

including a game where they almost went to the foul line 50 times.

Ya, the Celtics just been commiting fouls left and right.
meatball sub
RealGM

Post#20 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 3:54 am

Rip2137 wrote:But the Hawks fans could easily point at the two phantom fouls on Horford, the bad blocking call on Smith and others. Its basketball. Calls are all over the place.

This isn't Lakers/Sacramento game 6 out there.

The Hawks have NO jumpshooters outside of Joe Johnson and you guys have been doubling him to get the ball out of his hands.

So basically, you have nothing but slashers out there going to the rim on EVERY play. Of course the Hawks are going to have alot more freethrows. Paul Pierce is the only one that will usually get to the line on your team because KG is a fade away jump shooter and Ray Allen is a jumpshooter.

Marvin Williams, Mike Bibby and Acie Law are all jump shooters. WTF are you talking about? 4/7's of the Hawks rotation are jump shooters....

I posted this in the game thread:

Stern is trying to revive the Atlanta basketball franchise by giving their fans something to be excited for. The Hawks I'm sure are going to sell double the amount of season tickets next year because of this series.

Stern doesn't want them to win, he just doesn't want every game turning out like they would have if he hadn't of intervened. If you want to know what would happen if the refs weren't intentionally trying to hand them games just look at what has happened in Boston when the free throw ratio isn't 2:1 in favor of the Hawks.

If the Hawks beat us at home in game 7 fair and square I will sweep the rest of my feelings under the rug and give them props, but the only game I've seen them win on their own is game 3...

Return to Boston Celtics