T-Mac's second round virginity

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

gordeng
Junior
And1: 12

Post#61 » by gordeng » Sat May 3, 2008 7:10 am

After ten years of this, the odds are starting to reach absurd proportions. Assuming he has had a 50% of making the second round every year, then his situation is a one in 2^10 event, or 1 in 1024! T-mac is quite possibly the unluckiest man in the NBA.
PimpHandStrong
Senior
And1: 97

Post#62 » by PimpHandStrong » Sat May 3, 2008 7:12 am

Baller 24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

28pts, 6 ast, 6 rebounds, 42% shooting, 1stl, 1blk per game are really just terrible stats. There have been only a handful of players that are able to put up over 20pts, 6 and 6. Not even the great MJ himself did it, neither has Kobe.

He is a cocky person, but hey I would be to if I had the talent level he has, and the money he makes. If you think his ego has gotten the best of him, then you haven't heard anything about Gilbert Arenas. Your a hater so your post doesn't mean anything, because obviously you have no idea what your talking about, but what hes done the past 4 years in Houston is pretty amazing, but its only playoff success thats stopping him. If you didn't know KG was 0-7 in the first round until Cassel arrived.
1. None of this tripe refutes what I wrote.

2. Just because Gilbert Arenas is more of an egomaniac doesn't mean Tracy isn't an egomaniac.

3. When did I say anything about KG?

4. I call it like I see it. I've been following Tracy's career longer than you have, and he was great in Toronto. It's too bad he's such a narcissistic prick now.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#63 » by Baller 24 » Sat May 3, 2008 7:19 am

PimpHandStrong wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

1. None of this tripe refutes what I wrote.

2. Just because Gilbert Arenas is more of an egomaniac doesn't mean Tracy isn't an egomaniac.

3. When did I say anything about KG?

4. I call it like I see it. I've been following Tracy's career longer than you have, and he was great in Toronto. It's too bad he's such a narcissistic prick now.

Obviously you haven't if you hate the guy.
I've been following him since he was a senior in high school, and when he was first drafted. But again, anything you write doesn't make sense nor would it since you hate him, and no nothing about him but measly statistics.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
Chubby Chaser
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#64 » by Chubby Chaser » Sat May 3, 2008 7:22 am

Tmac would make it out of the first round if him and Yao can somehow play together in the playoffs.
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#65 » by Young_Star11 » Sat May 3, 2008 7:24 am

If this thread was posted after last season's Game 7 loss at home, then maybe fair enough, after all he did say it was on him.

But this season is just completely over the top. He's done what he can without much. Not much more he could've done.

Even without Yao Ming, the series would no doubt have gone seven had Rafer Alston played than just 3-and-a-bit games.

The Jazz are a better team.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#66 » by studcrackers » Sat May 3, 2008 7:26 am

bove310 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I knew it was sarcasm when you said "doodoo head" instead of "**** you you **** **** **** **** **** that likes to **** **** **** **** on Sunday mornings in the middle of church while you **** **** **** and look at poor Jesus up on that cross." Since that's always how I tell people off on the internet.

somebody's cranky
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
PimpHandStrong
Senior
And1: 97

Post#67 » by PimpHandStrong » Sat May 3, 2008 7:31 am

Baller 24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Obviously you haven't if you hate the guy.
I've been following him since he was a senior in high school, and when he was first drafted. But again, anything you write doesn't make sense nor would it since you hate him, and no nothing about him but measly statistics.
What? When was the last time you saw Tracy set a pick?
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,683

Post#68 » by Nate505 » Sat May 3, 2008 7:34 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:Tmac would make it out of the first round if him and Yao can somehow play together in the playoffs.

Yeah, with Yao and McGrady together they cannot miss the playoffs!

Sincerely,

The 06-07 Playoffs
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#69 » by Texas Longhorns » Sat May 3, 2008 7:36 am

I was ready to trade this man in 05-06. Yao Ming just needs shooters around him IMO. I don't care much for a wing man that scores 40-50.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#70 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 7:42 am

studcrackers wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

somebody's hammered

Fixed. This is not how I imagined finals week starting, para nada.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#71 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 7:43 am

Give Steve Kerr a buzz, his second, third and fourth careers have been complete failures.
etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#72 » by etopn23 » Sat May 3, 2008 9:05 am

Nate505 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, with Yao and McGrady together they cannot miss the playoffs!

Sincerely,

The 06-07 Playoffs
Yao wasn't at 100% in 06-07 and the 80% of the current Rocket's bench wasn't on the roster then.

You're delusional if you think Utah would of had a chance this year. We went this far without Yao.
goat:manu
Banned User

Post#73 » by goat:manu » Sat May 3, 2008 9:40 am

guys, just do like me, i was a rox's big fan, but after those years, i lost my faith, then i became MANU's fan, at least this guy never disappoint you...

T-mac a great player, is not as bad as AI, in fact, if you switch tmac with AI, nuggets could be better. and yes, he's in the same level with guys like:

LEBRON(IF He's in the west, cavs can't never beat jazz)
kobe(without paul, he's 2 round virgin)
CP (beat mavs.... FOR me the best player of the league right now)
MANU (BIGGEST WINNER in the basketball history, all the medal he got prove it, and without him, spurs couldn't make the playoff this year when TP was out, and he's the key player too for the spurs' dynasty, if you check the top10 plays in the playoffs, 6/10 comes from MANU, and all his clutch shots make him the biggest winner of the league).
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#74 » by magicfan4life05 » Sat May 3, 2008 1:04 pm

dcash4 wrote:if you watched the games its really not a story.

tmac played great.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
HTown34s
Senior

Post#75 » by HTown34s » Sat May 3, 2008 1:18 pm

goat:manu wrote:guys, just do like me, i was a rox's big fan, but after those years, i lost my faith, then i became MANU's fan, at least this guy never disappoint you...

T-mac a great player, is not as bad as AI, in fact, if you switch tmac with AI, nuggets could be better. and yes, he's in the same level with guys like:

LEBRON(IF He's in the west, cavs can't never beat jazz)
kobe(without paul, he's 2 round virgin)
CP (beat mavs.... FOR me the best player of the league right now)
MANU (BIGGEST WINNER in the basketball history, all the medal he got prove it, and without him, spurs couldn't make the playoff this year when TP was out, and he's the key player too for the spurs' dynasty, if you check the top10 plays in the playoffs, 6/10 comes from MANU, and all his clutch shots make him the biggest winner of the league).

By any chance you wouldn't happen to stay in Houston now do you? Because you fit the perfect description of the numerous fair weather fans that plague this city.
[Insert witty comment here]
nyu3
Sophomore

Post#76 » by nyu3 » Sat May 3, 2008 2:05 pm

You were doing pretty good until this...
goat:manu wrote:MANU (BIGGEST WINNER in the basketball history, all the medal he got prove it, and without him, spurs couldn't make the playoff this year when TP was out, and he's the key player too for the spurs' dynasty, if you check the top10 plays in the playoffs, 6/10 comes from MANU, and all his clutch shots make him the biggest winner of the league).

Whats wrong with this post:
1. Manu is NOT CLOSE to being the biggest winner in basketball history. Kareem, Jordan, Russel, Magic, Shaq, ... the list goes on.
2. Manu is a key part of the Spurs, but Duncan is still the most important player for the team.
3. Putting Manu in same category as Kobe and Lebron. Manu is a great player, but he isn't Tier 1 (I don't think T-Mac is either).
nyu3
Sophomore

Post#77 » by nyu3 » Sat May 3, 2008 2:08 pm

T-Mac played well, but needs to be more efficient and getting tired in the 4th is a bad excuse. Also, Rockets' bench is just terrible.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#78 » by Baller 24 » Sat May 3, 2008 2:24 pm

PimpHandStrong wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What? When was the last time you saw Tracy set a pick?

What does that have anything to do what you've been arguing about?
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
dingojazz
Senior

Post#79 » by dingojazz » Sat May 3, 2008 2:30 pm

McGrady was amazing in the first half of the game. He took over the second quarter and put his team on his back.

Where the hell did he go in the 3rd? I felt like he was saving his energy for the 4th, but by the time he put up 0 points in the 3rd the Rockets were down 20 and it was too late for any 4th quarter heroics.

I do agree though, that his teammates need to step up. If Boozer or Williams has an off quarter, there is usually another guy that picks up the slack.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#80 » by RoxFan08 » Sat May 3, 2008 2:53 pm

dingojazz wrote:McGrady was amazing in the first half of the game. He took over the second quarter and put his team on his back.

Where the hell did he go in the 3rd? I felt like he was saving his energy for the 4th, but by the time he put up 0 points in the 3rd the Rockets were down 20 and it was too late for any 4th quarter heroics.

I do agree though, that his teammates need to step up. If Boozer or Williams has an off quarter, there is usually another guy that picks up the slack.

Once Rafer got injured, he stopped getting the ball. BJ went on the attack, and bricked everything he touched. I think this playoff series drives home just how important Alston is to this team. We lost all 3 games he wasn't available for the whole game, and in game 6, the Jazz made their large run to finish us off after his ankle injury.

Return to The General Board