ImageImageImage

Great series

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Great series 

Post#1 » by JoshB914 » Sun May 4, 2008 7:09 pm

I enjoyed every moment of it. I have no doubt that the experience the Hawks had in this series will help them greatly going into next year. We went toe to toe with a championship caliber team and I'm sure we learned a lot.

But more than anything, we got to see some great basketball. See you guys next year and good luck the rest of the way!
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,513

Post#2 » by canman1971 » Sun May 4, 2008 7:11 pm

Thanks. You provided us with some excitement for sure and played well. Please ignore the trolls on your board. They don't represent the majority here.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#3 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun May 4, 2008 7:12 pm

:clap: Good fun series! Like I said on your board, good luck. Your guys players have got a future!
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,070

Post#4 » by UGA Hayes » Sun May 4, 2008 7:16 pm

Having watched ATL all year its pretty obvious they are a PG away from being a pretty scary team. If Atl is amrt they will try everything they can to get Ford or calderon this offseason.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,802

Post#5 » by meatball sub » Sun May 4, 2008 7:16 pm

Classy, your boys definitely made it a lot more nerve-racking than I was anticipating. You have a really nice young core to build around and should try to acquire some good shooters to put around the uber-athletes you already have.
Mahoney_jr
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Mahoney_jr » Sun May 4, 2008 7:18 pm

Hawks made it very interesting. Good effort by your team, very impressive at home.
reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#7 » by reggielewis » Sun May 4, 2008 7:18 pm

could not agree more!! you guys definetly scared me and i think you played amazing! you did us a favor too imo, because i think this team lost a bit of their urgency and toughness at the end of the season.. you guys re-focused this team and hopefully it pays dividends!! good luck next season, you guys have a great future!
reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#8 » by reggielewis » Sun May 4, 2008 7:19 pm

btw hortford got robbed for r.o.y!!!
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#9 » by Dogen » Sun May 4, 2008 7:21 pm

Atlanta fans should be proud of their team and keep supporting them. A young team, with more experience and perhaps another piece or two, could be a real threat in the East.

Great--- and nerve-wracking--- series.
Hey you! Can we come together?
meatball sub
RealGM

Post#10 » by meatball sub » Sun May 4, 2008 7:32 pm

Dogen wrote:Atlanta fans should be proud of their team and keep supporting them. A young team, with more experience and perhaps another piece or two, could be a real threat in the East.

AMEN, go buy some **** tickets!
meatball sub
RealGM

Post#11 » by meatball sub » Sun May 4, 2008 7:33 pm

Dogen wrote:Atlanta fans should be proud of their team and keep supporting them. A young team, with more experience and perhaps another piece or two, could be a real threat in the East.

AMEN, go buy some **** tickets!
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#12 » by Athanacropolis » Sun May 4, 2008 7:44 pm

A hell of a series. Atlanta has a real good chance of being a 45+ win team next year. Great, great series that put fear into all Celtics fans!
LHughes/JSmooth
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#13 » by LHughes/JSmooth » Sun May 4, 2008 8:02 pm

Hey guys. Great series.

Hey just to let you all know, Marvin is not a dirty player and hope you all don't feel that way about him or our team. I have been actually surprise to see guys like Zaza (who have been a stiff) actually get back up into people's faces. But anyways, we are not a dirty team by no means, just a young group who was mad at the outcome.

Good luck guys. Oh and please stop stealing my sig. lol. J/P.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sun May 4, 2008 8:43 pm

LHughes/JSmooth wrote:Hey guys. Great series.

Hey just to let you all know, Marvin is not a dirty player and hope you all don't feel that way about him or our team. I have been actually surprise to see guys like Zaza (who have been a stiff) actually get back up into people's faces. But anyways, we are not a dirty team by no means, just a young group who was mad at the outcome.

Good luck guys. Oh and please stop stealing my sig. lol. J/P.

Quit putting on this farce. If you want to hate on us on your board, fine. If you have the bravado to come to our board and say the same thing, fine. But don't say one thing on your board and then come over like a fake and say something else on our board. Either say what you feel or don't say anything.
GreenGrizz
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#15 » by GreenGrizz » Sun May 4, 2008 8:44 pm

Marvin Williams is all forgiven. I hope Atlanta will improve in the offseason.
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by EvadedHavoc » Sun May 4, 2008 8:58 pm

Its great to see a team like atlanta go so far in the post season. If at the beginning of the season someone said the hawks could take the C's to 7 they would think you were a big homer.

BTW i actually predicted the Hawks making the Eight Seed :D
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sun May 4, 2008 9:04 pm

EvadedHavoc wrote:Its great to see a team like atlanta go so far in the post season. If at the beginning of the season someone said the hawks could take the C's to 7 they would think you were a big homer.

BTW i actually predicted the Hawks making the Eight Seed :D

Nice, I had them seventh. I thought they would finish 42-40. They underachieved in my opinion.
campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#18 » by campybatman » Sun May 4, 2008 11:07 pm

It will be interesting to see how the 29 other teams react to Josh Smith's impending free agency. Smith, who turned down a $45 million, five-year extension last summer, will be one of several intriguing restricted free agents after July 1. (Among the others: Andre Iguodala, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Emeka Okafor, and Smith's Atlanta teammate, Josh Childress, to whom the Hawks offered nada because of injury concerns.) One of the factors in Smith's decision could well be the fate of coach Mike Woodson, whose contract expires this summer as well. Let's just say Josh won't strongly object to a coaching change. Throw in the requisite weirdness in the Atlanta organization and there are a number of possibilities for Smith. Philadelphia will have cap room. There could be sign-and-trade options, although Smith, who makes $2.24 million, would seem to be a base-year compensation guy. But it would be shame if Atlanta lost one of its three top players just at the time when the city started to embrace its NBA team again. Boston Globe
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#19 » by sully00 » Mon May 5, 2008 12:18 am

I don't think Josh Smith did himself any favors as far as teams looking to give up both cash and talent today. He belongs were he is and the should pay him and he should continue to work on his game.

I was actually really impressed with Marvin Williams this series. I know many have given up on him but he is so young and talented. He really showed some defensive ability and toughness to go with his crazy athletic ability and offensive game. I frankly also like hard fouls, this is the playoffs.

Props to the Hawks and their fans I am glad to not being seeing either of you again until fall.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Mon May 5, 2008 12:29 am

sully00 wrote:I was actually really impressed with Marvin Williams this series. I know many have given up on him but he is so young and talented. He really showed some defensive ability and toughness to go with his crazy athletic ability and offensive game. I frankly also like hard fouls, this is the playoffs.

Yeah, despite what the Hawk's fans said I was impressed with him the entire series, his play and his character. I'd love to try and get him, I think Boston would be a great situation for him. He'd be with his buddy Rondo and he wouldn't have any pressure on him.

Return to Boston Celtics