2nd Round: LA Lakers vs. Utah - Series LAL leads (2-0)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who will win game 2 in LA?

Utah Jazz
28%
Los Angeles Lakers
72%

Total votes: 82

Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

2nd Round: LA Lakers vs. Utah - Series LAL leads (2-0) 

Post#1 » by Texas Longhorns » Sun May 4, 2008 11:08 pm

2ND ROUND SERIES of the Image

( 1 ) Los Angeles Lakers (57-25) vs. ( 4 ) Utah Jazz (54-28 )

Link to game thread 1

Gm. 1: Sun., May 4: JAZZ 98 @ LAKERS 109 FINAL
Gm. 2: Wed., May 7: JAZZ 110 @ LAKERS 120 FINAL
Gm. 3: Fri., May 9: at Utah, 9:00 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Gm. 4: Sun., May 11: at Utah, 3:30 p.m. ET (ABC)
Gm. 5*: Wed., May 14: at L.A., TBD (TNT)
Gm. 6*: Fri., May 16: at Utah, TBD (ESPN)
Gm. 7*: Mon. May 19: at L.A., TBD (TNT)
* if necessary

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Lakers lead 3-1
Nov. 4: Jazz 109 at Lakers 119
Nov. 30: Lakers 96 at Jazz 120
Dec. 28: Jazz 109 at Lakers 123
Mar. 20: Lakers 106 at Jazz 95

Image Projected Starting Lineup

ImageImageImageImageImage

PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Vladimir Radmanovic
PF - Lamar Odom
C - Pau Gasol

Image Projected Starting Lineup

ImageImageImageImageImage

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Ronnie Brewer
SF - Andrei Kirilenko
PF - Carlos Boozer
C- Mehmet Okur

The Lakers take a 1-0 lead in this series by a win on Sunday over the Jazz. The Jazz will probably need to make adjustments on Kobe for game 2 as he shot the ball well. Game 2 is going to be on Wednesday on TNT.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
Chubby Chaser
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Chubby Chaser » Sun May 4, 2008 11:09 pm

At least you waited until the game was over this time.
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#3 » by eatyourchildren » Sun May 4, 2008 11:11 pm

Is there a lot of prestige attached to becoming a mod or something? I don't get this.
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#4 » by Texas Longhorns » Sun May 4, 2008 11:11 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:At least you waited until the game was over this time.

It's not about if the game is over or not at this point. It's about it reaching to 100 pages...
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
Original Baller
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#5 » by Original Baller » Sun May 4, 2008 11:22 pm

Lakers win game 2 by 15.

Kobe scores 55 points on the night he's awarded the MVP trophy.
raphleek
Rookie

Post#6 » by raphleek » Sun May 4, 2008 11:26 pm

Other thread got locked so I will repost so that Zen can read my resposne...
zen_4_10 wrote:
-= original quote snipped =-

Exactly...go ahead and rewatch the tape and tell me how many of Kobe's FT's were bogus calls - plus a good chunk of those came when the game was over but the Jazz continued to intentionally foul...

Don't change the subject of our conversation.

It is you who said that Utah is getting away with hacking and I disagreed by saying that the fouls are being called indeed. Hence my mention of Kobe's 23 FTs.
I didn't say anything about him getting BS calls (although he got few :) if you insist asking)
I actually said in this thread that the officiating was fine with me.

So try to be consistent with what is your point.
raphleek
Rookie

Post#7 » by raphleek » Sun May 4, 2008 11:27 pm

Jazz got jitters out of their system so they will take game 2 by7 :)
aikgtd
Sophomore

Post#8 » by aikgtd » Sun May 4, 2008 11:35 pm

Lakers will win game 2 and Kobe will go for 50+

Thanks 'Magz50'
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,812

Post#9 » by Nate505 » Sun May 4, 2008 11:43 pm

To continue from the previous thread, I had three people or so tell me that it wasn't Korver who fouled Kobe but the foul occured away from the ball when he hit his three point shot.

According to this play by play, that is incorrect. Kobe was fouled by Korver on a 3 point shot and hit the FT to make it a 4 point play. Unless you guys were referring to a different play, or unless CBS just has it wrong.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/gamecente ... 04_UTA@LAL

36.0 22-24 LAL Kobe Bryant made 3-pt. Jump Shot, Assist Lamar Odom
36.0 UTA Shooting foul on Kyle Korver
36.0 22-25 LAL Kobe Bryant made Free Throw

That being said, the officiating was fine during thist game. My general point was that Kobe is a superstar and will get superstar calls. I also said (which was ignored for some reason) that Deorn and Boozer get the same calls. I am hardly whining about the refs. But admit it, Kobe gets his fair share of superstar calls. He should, he's an MVP.
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager

Post#10 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Sun May 4, 2008 11:51 pm

lol at the Kobe free throw complaints. He earned them all, thats how it is when you cant be guarded.(not directed at ^^ just in general)

I remember in 06 when people complained about Wade..i said once Lebron/Kobe get great teams around them and get deep in the playoffs..youll hear the same complaints..well, there you go. I wouldnt be surprised if he averages 17-18 free throws a game this series.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,812

Post#11 » by Nate505 » Sun May 4, 2008 11:53 pm

CB4MiamiHeat wrote:lol at the Kobe free throw complaints. He earned them all, thats how it is when you cant be guarded.(not directed at ^^ just in general)

I remember in 06 when people complained about Wade..i said once Lebron/Kobe get great teams around them and get deep in the playoffs..youll hear the same complaints..well, there you go. I wouldnt be surprised if he averages 17-18 free throws a game this series.

He didn't earn them all. Korver didn't touch him on that play. He earned most of them, but like all superstars he got calls that wouldn't go to 90% of the league.

That being said, I have no problem with that. That's how this league is, and how it will probably always be. If you can't get used to that you're better off watching another sport.
EiRON
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#12 » by EiRON » Sun May 4, 2008 11:59 pm

LOL, the foul wasn't called on Korver. It was called on Harping. There was a foul called after Kobe shot the 3-pointer. Harping fouled Walton. LOL. Were u even watching the game? or you were watching play-by-play at ur computer? THE GAME WAS ON ABC! It's not like you needed cable to watch the game =/
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager

Post#13 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Mon May 5, 2008 12:01 am

i thought the foul on that 3 was ridiculous too...but if you saw it was Walton shooting the free throw.

The foul was off the ball, not on Kobe.
raphleek
Rookie

Post#14 » by raphleek » Mon May 5, 2008 12:03 am

CB4MiamiHeat wrote:lol at the Kobe free throw complaints. He earned them all, thats how it is when you cant be guarded.(not directed at ^^ just in general)

?
I don't know if you understand what was just said, neither me nor Nate complained about amounts of FTs.
Nate was accused of making stuff up so he responded.
I actually heard commentators first saying that the foul was away from the ball, cause Korver didn't touch him but after all it was Korver called for a foul. You go figure...
edit: If Walton was shooting FT than I stand corrected.

Ans BTW, don't try defend Wade using Kobe. No one cares about Wade in this series.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#15 » by NetsForce » Mon May 5, 2008 12:04 am

I love watching AK-47 trying to guard Kobe, Kobe just plays that sucker time and time again.
EiRON
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by EiRON » Mon May 5, 2008 12:04 am

No one in the Jazz roster that can guard Kobe. I predict Kobe will have another big night the next game and that the Lakers will lead the series 2-0.
raphleek
Rookie

Post#17 » by raphleek » Mon May 5, 2008 12:09 am

NetsForce wrote:I love watching AK-47 trying to guard Kobe, Kobe just plays that sucker time and time again.

But how about Brewer. I thought that couple of times he denied Kobe path to th ebasket, and his footwork was pretty good.
EiRON
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by EiRON » Mon May 5, 2008 12:12 am

Brewer did a good job but Kobe can score on Brewer anytime he wants to.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#19 » by NetsForce » Mon May 5, 2008 12:13 am

raphleek wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

But how about Brewer. I thought that couple of times he denied Kobe path to th ebasket, and his footwork was pretty good.

I missed the second quarter, but in the first quarter he was torn apart and bit on 2 Kobe pump-fakes that sent Kobe to the line each time...

I do like Brewer on Kobe better than AK-47 though. AK-47 can cover more ground with one of his lateral steps but the fact that Brewer's steps aren't as large actually works to his advantage since Kobe likes using a number of moves before attacking the rim.

When he starts chaining moves together like 1-2-3 AK-47 just gets off balance...
EHL
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by EHL » Mon May 5, 2008 12:14 am

Nate505 wrote:To continue from the previous thread, I had three people or so tell me that it wasn't Korver who fouled Kobe but the foul occured away from the ball when he hit his three point shot.

According to this play by play, that is incorrect. Kobe was fouled by Korver on a 3 point shot and hit the FT to make it a 4 point play. Unless you guys were referring to a different play, or unless CBS just has it wrong.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/gamecente ... 04_UTA@LAL

36.0 22-24 LAL Kobe Bryant made 3-pt. Jump Shot, Assist Lamar Odom
36.0 UTA Shooting foul on Kyle Korver
36.0 22-25 LAL Kobe Bryant made Free Throw

That being said, the officiating was fine during thist game. My general point was that Kobe is a superstar and will get superstar calls. I also said (which was ignored for some reason) that Deorn and Boozer get the same calls. I am hardly whining about the refs. But admit it, Kobe gets his fair share of superstar calls. He should, he's an MVP.

Watch that play a little more closely and you'll see (just barely) that Walton had just finished following through on his FT on the ABC telecast. Kobe didn't shoot FTs that possession, so the Harping foul called on Walton, and Walton shooting FTs, and Kobe not shooting FTs, means that sportsline got it wrong.

Return to The General Board