ImageImage

dirk nowitzki

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

FutureBuck2008
Sophomore
And1: 0

dirk nowitzki 

Post#1 » by FutureBuck2008 » Tue May 6, 2008 8:36 pm

he's on the trade block in dallas....would the bucks want him in milwaukee?
Johnny Newman
Banned User

Post#2 » by Johnny Newman » Tue May 6, 2008 8:42 pm

Depends what Cuban wants in return. A combo of a Mo Yi Simmons I would go for. Maybe toss in a second rounder. Or a Mo,Yi,Cv,Gadz for Dirk.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,658

Post#3 » by MickeyDavis » Tue May 6, 2008 8:46 pm

Ok, I'll get the inevitable Robert Traylor reference out of the way.

Hell yes I'd take him. He's better than anyone we have on our team. But he wouldn't come cheap. And I doubt he's traded unless they get another "A" list player. And we don't have one of those.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#4 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Tue May 6, 2008 8:47 pm

from the article, sorry I dont know how to quote correctly

"Some are wondering whether or not the team will admit that the Jason Kidd trade didn't pan out and deal him out of town. They could also go in a completely different direction and deal former MVP Dirk Nowitzki."

not really sure if that means he is on the block. Yi and Redd for him would be fine with me
Johnny Newman
Banned User

Post#5 » by Johnny Newman » Tue May 6, 2008 8:48 pm

Cuban might settle for Redd and Yi, or Redd Yi and CV.
Johnny Newman
Banned User

Post#6 » by Johnny Newman » Tue May 6, 2008 8:49 pm

Cuban probably want Bogut and Redd. Then thats debatable. Then that kils us for depth.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Bucks_Revenge » Tue May 6, 2008 8:52 pm

Redd, CV, future 1st round pick

other then that he is not the player we are looking for.....
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,167

Post#8 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 6, 2008 8:58 pm

We talked about this one a week ago. Both Phoenix and Dallas are in desparate straights. Their teams are aging and neither as presently constituted will ever catch up to the Lakers, New Orleans, Utah or the Spurs. Houston is a wild card and Portland and Seattle both have the future superstars on their rosters.

Redd/Yi for Dirk. Put the offer on the table.

Or put out there Yi/Simmons/CV or Yi/Simmons/#7

Plenty of options as long as you keep Bogut and one other guy to score in the backcourt (Mo or Redd)
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#9 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue May 6, 2008 9:02 pm

I'd give up Redd/Yi in a second for Dirk.

Deal CV for a shooting guard and Bogut/Dirk are ready to dominate the east for the next five years.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User

Post#10 » by Bucks_Revenge » Tue May 6, 2008 9:05 pm

would Dirk be ok coming here if traded?

anyway I think other teams can pull off a better deal then the bucks...

But a Redd/Yi deal would be nothing to over look if your dallas.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,599

Post#11 » by SupremeHustle » Tue May 6, 2008 9:07 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:We talked about this one a week ago. Both Phoenix and Dallas are in desparate straights. Their teams are aging and neither as presently constituted will ever catch up to the Lakers, New Orleans, Utah or the Spurs. Houston is a wild card and Portland and Seattle both have the future superstars on their rosters.

Plenty of options as long as you keep Bogut and one other guy to score in the backcourt (Mo or Redd)

The Bucks would sky rocket in the east with either of those trades, provided they get the right wing player (there's a straight line for somebody) during the off season.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Johnny Newman
Banned User

Post#12 » by Johnny Newman » Tue May 6, 2008 9:08 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:We talked about this one a week ago. Both Phoenix and Dallas are in desparate straights. Their teams are aging and neither as presently constituted will ever catch up to the Lakers, New Orleans, Utah or the Spurs. Houston is a wild card and Portland and Seattle both have the future superstars on their rosters.

I hate to say it but I think we need a Redd,Dirk,Bogut combo to win the east. If we deal Redd and fillers. Doubt we do anything with Dirk in playoffs after first round.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#13 » by fam3381 » Tue May 6, 2008 9:09 pm

Lots of questions about Dirk, but **** it. He's a superstar, and we don't have one. This would seem like the kind of trade you have to make if you can.

This is actually a pretty fair deal, though it puts us even further into the luxury tax danger zone for 09. I'm sure they'd be thrilled to take Gadz as well, right :)
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
fam3381
General Manager

Post#14 » by fam3381 » Tue May 6, 2008 9:11 pm

Bucks_Revenge wrote:would Dirk be ok coming here if traded?

I'd guess he'd be fine moving East given he'd have some talent to work with. The East is improving but it's still a better place to be than out West for the next couple years.

Besides, if Dirk ever cared about German influence then he should really like Milwaukee....
TheGhostDog
Senior
And1: 2

Post#15 » by TheGhostDog » Tue May 6, 2008 9:14 pm

Why exactly did Dirk say he wouldn't come to Milwaukee all those years ago? Is there any reason to believe those issues have gone away?
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User

Post#16 » by Bucks_Revenge » Tue May 6, 2008 9:14 pm

fam3381 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'd guess he'd be fine moving East given he'd have some talent to work with. The East is improving but it's still a better place to be than out West for the next couple years.

Besides, if Dirk ever cared about German influence then he should really like Milwaukee....

also Dirk would love to play with someone like Bogut, if someone like David West slaps Dirk in the face Bogut won't allow that.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#17 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue May 6, 2008 9:19 pm

fam3381 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I was thinking the same thing. He would be huge for the viability of the Bucks as a franchise.

Redd/Yi for Dirk seems pretty fair. This would be good for both teams.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User

Post#18 » by Bucks_Revenge » Tue May 6, 2008 9:20 pm

These are one of those rare times when all of us agree on something...

Hammond get er done.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,167

Post#19 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 6, 2008 9:21 pm

Dirk never said he wouldn't come to Milwaukee. He was just a 19-year old who was tentative on coming over to the USA/NBA period.

The only reason he was comfortable with Dallas was because Donn Nelson had been working/recruiting him for years. It was believed Dallas was maybe the only team that had good enough ties with him to get him to make the leap if he was drafted.

Cuban had nothing to do with this either. This was Nelson, Nelson and Ross Perot, Jr, the former owner who cut this deal with Dirk.
fam3381
General Manager

Post#20 » by fam3381 » Tue May 6, 2008 9:27 pm

And don't forget that Bill Peterson was pretty instrumental in helping Dirk adjust to the NBA. That'd be a funny reunion.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/news/MB_080206.html

Peterson, having spent time overseas, understood that Nowitzki needed a welcome wagon every bit as much as he needed a developmental basketball coach, if not more so. So he took on both responsibilities.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks