Image ImageImage Image

Slow News Day: Scott Burrell Update

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Slow News Day: Scott Burrell Update 

Post#1 » by TB#1 » Fri May 16, 2008 2:28 pm

Don't blame me...Mr. Tibbs requested it.

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/ViewAr ... EASON=2007

One of the most recognizable players in the history of amateur basketball in the state of Connecticut, Scott Burrell joins Tom Moore's staff for his first season as an assistant coach with the Quinnipiac men
pdenninggolden
Analyst
And1: 1

Re: Slow News Day: Scott Burrell Update 

Post#2 » by pdenninggolden » Fri May 16, 2008 4:48 pm

TB#1 wrote:Don't blame me...Mr. Tibbs requested it.

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/ViewAr ... EASON=2007

One of the most recognizable players in the history of amateur basketball in the state of Connecticut, Scott Burrell joins Tom Moore's staff for his first season as an assistant coach with the Quinnipiac men
The NBA: Where DRose Happens!
"The problem with the world is that it draws the circle of the family too small."--Mother Theresa
God Rest the Souls of Norm VanLier and Johnny "Red" Kerr
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#3 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri May 16, 2008 5:03 pm

And now you know the rest of the story...

Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#4 » by AAU Teammate » Fri May 16, 2008 5:46 pm

back then i always wanted this guy to play more

i cant really think of why. maybe i didnt like championships. seems like the kind of player you cant really pinpoint as having done one thing very well at the nba level.

amazing that he was a double first rounder, however. didnt realize it was that high in baseball
newskoolbulls
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by newskoolbulls » Fri May 16, 2008 6:16 pm

I like Scott but always felt he could have been better had he been better conditioned. He always looked flat out fat. I rember is cameo in Eddie the movie lol.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#6 » by Rerisen » Fri May 16, 2008 6:48 pm

Classic Scott Burrell story. :)

After one of the Bulls' practices in 1997, Scott Burrell, Jordan's teammate, challenged Jordan to a game of one on one. They played and Burrell had a good chance to beat Jordan with the score tied at six a piece (going up to seven). Burrell had the ball, but Ron Harper who was watching the game on the sidelines called Burrell for traveling. Jordan got the ball back and without hesitation drove past Burrell and dunked the ball making it a 7-6 victory. Michael got the last shot to win, but Burrell was right up in MJ's face trash talking. MJ didn't say a word and just walked off the court. A few days later Burrell convinced MJ to play again, but Jordan won easily this time. Again, Jordan just walked off the court without saying a word. But Burrell couldn't keep his mouth shut. Burrell said to MJ, "C'mon, let's go back out there and finish this!" Jordan replied, "You just want to play so you can go tell your kids when they grow up that you beat Michael Jordan once. What am I gonna tell my kids? I beat Scott Burrell? Big deal. They'll slap the hell out of me."
SWIFTSLICK
Banned User

Post#7 » by SWIFTSLICK » Sat May 17, 2008 2:58 am

Wait...we broke into your original programming schedule to bring you this update. A seldom used NBA player is an assistant coach for a college team you've never heard of. That is all.

:rocking:

What a shocker.
newskoolbulls
Banned User

Post#8 » by newskoolbulls » Sat May 17, 2008 2:59 am

I love TBs updates on former Bulls. Keep em coming.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Post#9 » by Mr. Tibbs » Sat May 17, 2008 6:53 am

niiiiice..burrells the man..i remember scoring 50 something with him in NBA in the zone for playstation...also he had a nice shot when he actually got into games.

hmmm next obscure bull update request...chris anstey.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#10 » by TB#1 » Sat May 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Mr. Tibbs wrote:niiiiice..burrells the man..i remember scoring 50 something with him in NBA in the zone for playstation...also he had a nice shot when he actually got into games.

hmmm next obscure bull update request...chris anstey.

Awww...that's almost too easy. I can tell you without even looking it up that he's still active in the Aussie league and you will likely get a chence to see him play in the Olympics.

Nonetheless, I will do an Official Update.

Return to Chicago Bulls