ImageImageImage

Oh No, new crap Simmons article...

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Is Bill Simmons a real Boston fan?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 32

MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Oh No, new crap Simmons article... 

Post#1 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue May 20, 2008 8:34 pm

...at ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3403820

I am just going to start reading it now, but the tagline states it's about how KG is not "wired" to be clutch and a leader.

More "support" from Boston's own "diehard super-fan". With "fans" like Simmons, who needs enemines?

He might as well just come out of the Lakers-closet and admit he's a traitor at this point! :rofl:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,420

Post#2 » by Gant » Tue May 20, 2008 8:36 pm

This doesn't hold up if you watch both ends of the floor. Pierce and LeBron cancelled each other out.

The difference was the Celtics outrebounding the league's best rebounding team by 10 boards; and the defense. Aside from Pierce that's where the game was won.

The Cleveland big men were shut down in every aspect of the game. That's Garnett along with Perkins and the Celtics team defense.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#3 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue May 20, 2008 8:42 pm

Simmons is the typical jerk who has to find something bad to complain about when things are going well.

He spent the regular season creaming his pants about Garnett, and now the second straight article blasting him. Umm, did I miss something or didn't we make the ECF?
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
tombattor
General Manager
And1: 807

Post#4 » by tombattor » Tue May 20, 2008 8:43 pm

Who cares. Bill Simmons is a moron. I like some of his articles like the trade index, but he doesn't know caca in general. He thought Sam Cassell would be an absolute gold for this team. What a (Please Use More Appropriate Word)...
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#5 » by greenbeans » Tue May 20, 2008 8:45 pm

im usually the last one to dog on this guy, i read most every column. this one was GARBAGE though, im starting to see the light these haters have been speakin of for a while now
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#6 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue May 20, 2008 8:45 pm

tombattor wrote:Who cares. Bill Simmons is a moron. I like some of his articles like the trade index, but he doesn't know caca in general. He thought Sam Cassell would be an absolute gold for this team. What a (Please Use More Appropriate Word)...

^^Oh I know he's a dip-shite...I just like to point it out. 8)
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#7 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue May 20, 2008 8:46 pm

greenbeans wrote:im usually the last one to dog on this guy, i read most every column. this one was GARBAGE though, im starting to see the light these haters have been speakin of for a while now

Welcome to reality! :lol:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
tombattor
General Manager

Post#8 » by tombattor » Tue May 20, 2008 8:46 pm

greenbeans wrote:im usually the last one to dog on this guy, i read most every column. this one was GARBAGE though, im starting to see the light these haters have been speakin of for a while now

I'm actually not really a Bill Simmons hater. I just don't really think he's that smart though or know all that much about sports. He does have some good articles, but he just writes 10 crap in between each good one.
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#9 » by greenbeans » Tue May 20, 2008 8:48 pm

hahaha. . some of his stuff is gold though. but usually its buried under a 10lb bag of ****
GonzoLays
Assistant Coach
And1: 185
Location: The strongest man is he who stands alone in the face of oppression and censorship.

Post#10 » by GonzoLays » Tue May 20, 2008 8:48 pm

Yea, Simmons, completely overlook the fact that KG had two HUGE baskets at the end of the game against Cleveland in game seven.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#11 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue May 20, 2008 8:52 pm

tombattor wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm actually not really a Bill Simmons hater. I just don't really think he's that smart though or know all that much about sports. He does have some good articles, but he just writes 10 crap in between each good one.

Exactly. And I think he uses his Boston "fandom" for his advantage more than he is an actual real fan.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,985

Post#12 » by sam_I_am » Tue May 20, 2008 9:00 pm

There is a reason KG never could lead Minnesota out of first round. A lot of it had to do with lack of a supporting cast. But as good as KG is, as an offensive player he just isn't even close to the level of Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron. He isn't even Paul Pierce.

To be great in this league means being a great offensive player that a team can go to in the clutch. I love everything about KG's game. But his ability to score is not top 20.
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#13 » by greenbeans » Tue May 20, 2008 9:01 pm

so wait, ive just been being used as a pawn all along??!?! i feel so used

he does sure as hell know how to max out the boston sports consumerism(ya ya) though
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#14 » by greenbeans » Tue May 20, 2008 9:02 pm

sam_I_am wrote:There is a reason KG never could lead Minnesota out of first round. A lot of it had to do with lack of a supporting cast. But as good as KG is, as an offensive player he just isn't even close to the level of Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron. He isn't even Paul Pierce.

To be great in this league means being a great offensive player that a team can go to in the clutch. I love everything about KG's game. But his ability to score is not top 20.
that you Spoirts Guy??
GreenGrizz
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#15 » by GreenGrizz » Tue May 20, 2008 9:13 pm

How could you listen to another human being? He could be a fan of another team.
Falstaff
Starter
And1: 412

Post#16 » by Falstaff » Tue May 20, 2008 9:19 pm

tombattor wrote:Who cares. Bill Simmons is a moron. I like some of his articles like the trade index, but he doesn't know caca in general. He thought Sam Cassell would be an absolute gold for this team. What a (Please Use More Appropriate Word)...

Oh come on, everyone thought Cassell would be gold. Even the people who had some reservations are pretty shocked by how badly he's worked out, and anyone who claims they knew all along it was a bad idea is full of it.

Simmons is hit or miss, but I think he, like many, work with what's in front of them. He feels like KG doesn't take over like he should. I agree and disagree. KG definitely takes over like he should ... sometimes. But he has the ability to do it ALL the time, and I find that frustrating.
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#17 » by wigglestrue » Tue May 20, 2008 9:27 pm

Garnett hasn't choked, and he has hit a few clutch shots when the team absolutely needed them, but he hasn't exactly taken over a game. Still, (Please Use More Appropriate Word) article by Simmons. No excuse this time.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
|llsT oNe
Starter
And1: 165

Post#18 » by |llsT oNe » Tue May 20, 2008 9:29 pm

What.. one must not tell the truth, be a total homer or do his job to be a fan?
Green_for_life
Sixth Man
And1: 56

Post#19 » by Green_for_life » Tue May 20, 2008 9:32 pm

Tom, I love the way you use the word "caca"...

I used to love Bill Simmons' columns, but this is big piece of caca...
tombattor
General Manager

Post#20 » by tombattor » Tue May 20, 2008 9:35 pm

Falstaff wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Oh come on, everyone thought Cassell would be gold. Even the people who had some reservations are pretty shocked by how badly he's worked out, and anyone who claims they knew all along it was a bad idea is full of it.

Well, I've been against Cassell move from the beginning. But you're right, I didn't think I'd be wishing physical harm on him, so he'd have no chance of getting in the game. Because at this point, you are better off playing 2-on-5 than playing 5-on-5 with Cassell.

Return to Boston Celtics