ImageImageImage

Were Probably Done, But Lets All 100% Real...

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#133 » by Spin Move » Sun May 25, 2008 4:16 pm

Rondo_Fan wrote:My theory is that some of these guys that post really off the wall stuff are mods.

more controversy = more posting

more posting = more $$$ for site, which is for profit

Personalities like Robert Smith seem to be obviously fake.

With that said, while it was a little off the wall to say that we were done after we lost game 2, I don't think it was ridiculous to raise concerns about the Celtics at all.

I mean, does anybody seriously think that Danny, Doc, Thibodeau, etc. just sail through the playoffs without worrying about the team, or raising concerns?

I don't.

Winning is about recognizing problems and making adjustments. Our defense sucked ass in game 2; you better believe that that message was pounded home to the players before game 3. But according to certain posters on the board, we as fans are not allowed to raise any problems with the team that we see.

What's stupid to me is that if anyone on this team criticizes something that they see with the team, an individual, etc., they are immediately branded as a hater, disloyal fan, etc. That's just ridiculous. The whole entire business of putting a winning franchise out on the floor is a process of constant evaluation of who you are putting out on the floor and the product that they produce together. Sometimes that evaluation is going to be negative. It doesn't mean that you hate the team.

I'm not happy with how we played against the Piston's trapping defense in the 4th quarter last night. Does that make me a hater, or do I have pretty much the same position that Danny and Doc have?

Anyway, here's hoping that we can really step on their throats with a game 4 win.

1. LOL the mods arent paid by real gm buddy, were not posting controversial stuff, theres a few hundred people who post on the celtics board here nothing we could do short of posting pictures of naked ladies would increase veiwership enough to actually increase advertising revanue for real gm.

2. Robert Smith is very real and his antics led him to be banned, several members of the board have IM conversations with him, and the reason I am writing this is he sent me an angry email about the post.

3. To my knowledge everyone who posts on this board is real (with the possible exception fo Mang, who is obvously a person but seems to play a role when posting on the board)but there are no mod created fake posters.
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#134 » by TommyPoints » Sun May 25, 2008 4:29 pm

I'm fake. I'm really "Ryen" Gomes.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,886

Post#135 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun May 25, 2008 4:34 pm

I fondly remember being in a pow-wow with the other mods, discussing if it would be a good idea to create a poster who would claim to be an insider with the Celtics. Heated words were exchanged in that meeeting, but we all finally agreed and created Celtic Thug. The rest is history.

Those were the days...
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#136 » by Spin Move » Sun May 25, 2008 4:37 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:I fondly remember being in a pow-wow with the other mods, discussing if it would be a good idea to create a poster who would claim to be an insider with the Celtics. Heated words were exchanged in that meeeting, but we all finally agreed and created Celtic Thug. The rest is history.

Those were the days...

Dude, someone is going to take you seriously
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun May 25, 2008 4:42 pm

Spin Move wrote:Dude, someone is going to take you seriously

And that would be great, because it would generate more controversy, more posting and more profit. I can't wait for my bank account to receive an injection of cash.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#138 » by BillessuR6 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:00 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And that would be great, because it would generate more controversy, more posting and more profit. I can't wait for my bank account to receive an injection of cash.

I actually posted in CT threads a couple of times that he is being payed by real gm to keep the traffic up! IMO, it is not a crazy idea at all, it would actually make a lot of sense...
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#139 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun May 25, 2008 6:06 pm

thebirdman wrote:I actually posted in CT threads a couple of times that he is being payed by real gm to keep the traffic up! IMO, it is not a crazy idea at all, it would actually make a lot of sense...

You are correct, sir. And Celtic Thug's website was actually a spin-off of RealGM :)
ramshackle75
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#140 » by ramshackle75 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:34 pm

bru87tr wrote:so someone feels a certain way cause the celtics are playing a certain way I am wrong in my feelings ?

the celtics didnt play well, how do you think they felt ? they even said they were really down about that game.

when the celts are down I am down. its all feeling not anything else you guys try and come up with.

its alot easier being a fan who thinks they will always win, thing is its not a perfect world and the celtics arent gonna win every game.

some of you guys are real winners. you talk about certain fans who feel a certain way when their team is down. I prob have missed a few games in 30 years. I have been watching the celtics before you could hold a basketball. get a life !

You're entitled to your feelings. That being said, there's a night-and-day difference between posts that say "Man, we played like crap last night, here's why ..." and posts that say "We have no chance of winning anymore." One focuses on tangible things that happened and ways we could learn from them, the other is reactionary b.s.

We always have a chance. Unless you have some magical crystal ball that lets you see the future or are some kind of genius who can predict every possible outcome, nobody knows for sure. A real fan is realistic, but he doesn't throw his team under the bus when things look bad.

Anyone can win on any night. Go C's.
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#141 » by bru87tr » Mon May 26, 2008 1:51 am

no one can say I said we didnt have a chance. but many put words in others mouths.
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#142 » by bru87tr » Mon May 26, 2008 1:53 am

CelticGamecock wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I say negative stuff about the team all of the time and point out weaknesses. There is a difference between doing that and just being unnecessarily negative and saying we have no chance of winning and crap like that.

show me where I said we have no chance, point it out.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,743

Post#143 » by meatball sub » Mon May 26, 2008 2:42 am

Spin Move wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

2. Robert Smith is very real and his antics led him to be banned, several members of the board have IM conversations with him, and the reason I am writing this is he sent me an angry email about the post.

CLASSIC.
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#144 » by TommyPoints » Mon May 26, 2008 3:27 am

bru87tr wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

show me where I said we have no chance, point it out.

I didn't say you did, but you were basically being defensive over what people were saying and that is what people were being critical about. Nobody has to be positive all of the time, but some people just go overboard with the negativity.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#145 » by GuyClinch » Mon May 26, 2008 6:37 am

What's stupid to me is that if anyone on this team criticizes something that they see with the team, an individual, etc., they are immediately branded as a hater, disloyal fan, etc. That's just ridiculous. The whole entire business of putting a winning franchise out on the floor is a process of constant evaluation of who you are putting out on the floor and the product that they produce together. Sometimes that evaluation is going to be negative. It doesn't mean that you hate the team.

That's a load of crap. That NEVER happens. People don't get criticized for talking about problems with the team. Most posters talk about problems with the team.. most people are not branded haters.

It's the habit of predicting doom and gloom for your team (on scant or suspect evidence) and then defending that notion that gets you branded. It's the consistent predilection for doom and gloom that you see in some posters that gets your branded.

When you see a poster consistently negative in his posting history despite the changing fortunes of the C's (for the better) and the removal of the problems (the not so talented players) people will brand them as negative.

No doubt SOME people get falsely accused but more often then not - there is an element of truth to the accusation, IMHO. Haters are a real problem on the internet. There are haters of virtually EVERYTHING that inhabit virtually EVERY message board about EVERY topic.

These people gain enjoyment not in the success of a player or team but in the downfall of a player or sometimes an entire team.

As for Robert Smith being a "creation" LMAO. Just because he stuck up for Pierce (correctly IMHO) and you were part of the crew that though he was holding the C's back don't try to rope the guy into this.

He is a common kind of poster - a fan of a particular player.. Some other posters are fans of an entire team most are variation combinations of both. But to deny the existence of haters of players or teams based on some "its just criticism" defense is hogwash.

When a "fan" claims they have absolutely NO DOUBT there team will lose without some evidence for that situation it's hard to take them seriously as a fan.

That's not to say they are bad person or even stupid - just not a fan unless we are limiting the word "fan" to someone who just watches the team rather then roots for it.

Pete
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,366

Post#146 » by tlee324 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:49 am

What was interesting with Smith was that he'd jump all over you if you didn't give Pierce the entire credit for everything good at all times. If you thought Jefferson or someone else had a great game and didn't mention enough of Pierce, he'd go nuts. I love Pierce and have stuck up for him over a thousand times, but it was interesting how far Smith took it.
Rondo_Fan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#147 » by Rondo_Fan » Mon May 26, 2008 2:56 pm

Pete, you've got to be kidding.

People "NEVER" get branded haters for criticizing the team? Use your search feature...

And as for Pierce, I've always liked his game, I just never thought that he was the guy that would lead the Celtics to a championship. He's the only guy on our team who could have a game like he did game 7 against the Cavaliers, no question about it, but there is no way in hell that he would ever have been able to produce 16 games like that in the NBA playoffs and lead us to a championship. Those of us who have been through multiple championship seasons know that. Someday you will know it too, and claim it as if it were your own insight. If it was "Pierce against the world ball" this year, then we would have had maybe two or three or more individual performances like Pierce's game 7 against Cleveland instead of only one, spectacular highlights which everybody will talk about for years, but we probably lose to Atlanta, and we certainly lose to Cleveland, even with KG on the team.

Yabba-dabba-doo!
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#148 » by Spin Move » Mon May 26, 2008 5:35 pm

BadMuthaCeltic wrote:What was interesting with Smith was that he'd jump all over you if you didn't give Pierce the entire credit for everything good at all times. If you thought Jefferson or someone else had a great game and didn't mention enough of Pierce, he'd go nuts. I love Pierce and have stuck up for him over a thousand times, but it was interesting how far Smith took it.

This is from Dr. Smith in Response, guys don't kick a guy who can't kick back (he is banned and can't post to refute these things.

"That is absolutely categorically untrue. I always gave credit when credit was due to other people as well as Paul - always. I am a hardcore fan of Paul Pierce and the Boston Celtics. What burned my ass was the consistently hateful, distorted, inaccurate, fallacious anti-Pierce garbage posted by Pierce-underappreciating mofos like Rondo_fan, Toecutter and the infamous Curmudgeon. Rondo_fan has the gall now to "praise" Paul at times with no reference to the fact that he used to refer to Paul as "another bozo on the bus" who should be traded for someone like Corey Maggete or signed for the MLE - classic hypocrisy - as expected from someone of his pathetic ilk. "
SeizeCoup
Lead Assistant
And1: 665

Post#149 » by SeizeCoup » Mon May 26, 2008 6:01 pm

Matt34520 wrote:If the Celtics win one in Detroit, I'll change my avatar to a Pistons player...and put I'm a complete loser in my sig.

:rolleyes:
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#150 » by MyInsatiableOne » Mon May 26, 2008 6:21 pm

CalderCup wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rolleyes:

I know, too little too late. He should just take the self-banishment like JoeBiscuit did.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#151 » by GuyClinch » Mon May 26, 2008 9:20 pm

And as for Pierce, I've always liked his game, I just never thought that he was the guy that would lead the Celtics to a championship. He's the only guy on our team who could have a game like he did game 7 against the Cavaliers, no question about it, but there is no way in hell that he would ever have been able to produce 16 games like that in the NBA playoffs and lead us to a championship.

Oh please - who the heck is going to produce 16 games lke that? LMAO. Dude you were dead wrong about Pierce.

Truthfully I found Toecutter, Wigglestrue, Curm, and all your Pierce hating pals postively amusing. They took the best player on a team - a mutiple all-star and tried to convince people that he was a bad player..

It's kind of an amazing feat to even attempt.. It's like denying the existence of the sun.. As for Dr. Smith it's amazing he had to even wage that "battle."

The rest of the basketball fandom and virtually anyone you asked on the street knew that PP was the only good player on the entire Celtics roster for a few years running..

As I have said before that was the MAIN argument on these boards for years. Was PP a great player held back by a crappy team or a overrated player on a talented team..? I think his injury showed the people the answer to that question as has this season and his play with Garnett.

Now the Pierce hating crowd is in hiding - no doubt praying he doesn't end up on the cover of Sports Illustrated trophy in hand..

Pete
Rondo_Fan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#152 » by Rondo_Fan » Mon May 26, 2008 10:16 pm

Pete,

I think you need to reread our posts on Pierce and Garnett.

I was always very careful to give Pierce his due as a player. I just pointed out his shortcomings as a leader on the team, and pointed out how Garnett had changed the culture on the team.

Shortly after we had our exchanges, a spate of articles and news reports came out supporting in pretty much every particular what I was saying--that Garnett had changed the culture on the Celtics, gotten everyone to play defense, etc. I mean, it was almost an embarrassing amount of support for my position. And the same theme has been sounded relentlessly since, by most of the national and local analysts that I read--not without exception--but most of them.

Paul Pierce is now playing exactly as we have wanted to him to play for years, i.e., selflessly, not taking defensive positions off, etc. Again, you pretty much can't turn on the T.V. without hearing comments along those lines. Yet you see the same guy that you've always seen, who hasn't changed a bit. Hmmmm....

It doesn't mean that your position is wrong. Maybe Pierce is the main reason for the Celtics success. Maybe his approach to the game has always been the same. I've been wrong about a lot of things before, and I'll be wrong about a lot of things in the future. And all of the analysts who credit the Celtics' turnaround to Garnett might be wrong too. I mean that sincerely.

But you definitely are wrong for misstating my position on Pierce. I've always liked him as a player. I just saw him as a #2 guy on a championship team, not a #1 guy. And pretty much everyone in basketball, including all 30 real GMs, will see him as the #2 guy on a championship team, if we happen to win this one. You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't see how you can equate saying that Pierce is good enough to be the #2 guy on a championship team as "hating" him. I mean, being the #2 guy on a championship team is pretty rarefied air. It makes you a very special player. It just doesn't make you #1.

Also, on a comical side note:

me wrote:What's stupid to me is that if anyone on this team criticizes something that they see with the team, an individual, etc., they are immediately branded as a hater, disloyal fan, etc. That's just ridiculous. The whole entire business of putting a winning franchise out on the floor is a process of constant evaluation of who you are putting out on the floor and the product that they produce together. Sometimes that evaluation is going to be negative. It doesn't mean that you hate the team.

you wrote:That's a load of crap. That NEVER happens.

you_the_very_next_post wrote:Truthfully I found Toecutter, Wigglestrue, Curm, and all your Pierce hating pals postively amusing...

Now the Pierce hating crowd is in hiding

You can't make it up. You just can not make it up... And you probably take yourself seriously. :)

Yabba-dabba-doo!

Return to Boston Celtics