ImageImageImage

Obligatory Optimistic Eventhough They Lost Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Obligatory Optimistic Eventhough They Lost Thread 

Post#1 » by EvadedHavoc » Fri May 23, 2008 5:28 am

-Rondo had a near triple double. (Very Satisfying despite how ugly the game was)

-Ray Allen looks like he broke out of the grips of the nasty Slump Monster tonight. Im pretty much convinced he wouldve had a better game if he wasnt in foul trouble.

-The Big 3 Collectively had a great game! I like the sound of that!

anyways consider this series a new slate for the Celtics and throw out every game before Game 1 Of the Pistons Series.

With that said switch to the ABC Channel on Saturday Night and watch the game without those pesky "They are winless on the road!>!>!@#" thoughts and hope for the best.
PPAW4Life
Banned User

Post#2 » by PPAW4Life » Fri May 23, 2008 5:31 am

We are gonna win on the road.

We are absolutely not as bad as we have shown.
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#3 » by TommyPoints » Fri May 23, 2008 5:33 am

This team is going to come out in game 3 looking to send a message.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#4 » by Bleeding Green » Fri May 23, 2008 5:37 am

7 more wins.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by EvadedHavoc » Fri May 23, 2008 5:37 am

Also forgot to mention PJ Brown hitting Clutch Jumpers Lately.

That was pretty much the highlight of the benchplay but more importantly shows PJ CAN Step up to make the shot when all options are covered.
Cyclical
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,397

Post#6 » by Cyclical » Fri May 23, 2008 6:43 am

I'm definitely feeling optimistic. I think we're better than the Pistons. Tonight's main problem was lack of energy on defense. 90+ points on offense should win just about every game for us. The Palace doesn't scare this team -- they've won there before. In a strange way I'm happy we finally have a home loss since I think it'll force the guys to be more focused on the road and take yet another big step in becoming a championship level team. I see no cause for panic.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,802

Post#7 » by meatball sub » Fri May 23, 2008 7:18 am

It definitely wasn't the worst loss in the world. Ray Allen (hopefully) breaking out of his slump is arguably the most important event of the night. The Pistons won and I'm not going to take anything away from them. Winning in the Garden is an extremely difficult task to accomplish. With that said, Ray's struggles have really hurt us on the road and if the slump is over the Pistons have a lot to worry about.

It's not like we sucked on the road all year, we're still the best road team in the NBA! We're 0-6 in our last 6 on the road but if the Red Sox lose 6 in a row does that all of the sudden not make them the best team in baseball anymore? Absolutely not, they just had a rough patch. Ray isn't the only one to blame for the road losses but him being non existent was a huge factor. With the way KG and Pierce are playing, a reborn Ray Allen makes us extremely dangerous and hands down better than the Pistons.

Our defense wasn't there tonight but for a team that takes as much pride in their D as this Celtics team I don't think we have any major concerns on that end of the floor. We're winning on the road and we're winning this series!
Rondo_Fan
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Rondo_Fan » Fri May 23, 2008 10:45 am

Count me in.

I'm not happy with the loss last night, but I'm still on board.

Yabba-dabba-doo!
CelticsWhat!
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by CelticsWhat! » Fri May 23, 2008 12:53 pm

Yep. Despite what most everyone else thinks, it's a 1-1 series, not 1-3. Of course my prediction is that this thread lasts for about 10 posts, and we will have about 5 different "sky is falling" threads going on for 20 pages.
"If you drop a phonograph needle on Brasky's nipple, it plays the Beach Boys' 'Pet Sounds.'"
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,369

Post#10 » by Red2 » Fri May 23, 2008 1:04 pm

I definitely feel like we;re in this. I'm not overwhelmed by the pistons. we need to tighten up our D especially on their guards.
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#11 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri May 23, 2008 1:10 pm

I'm feeling good. Detroit needed perfect games from everyone and a little help from their friends (the refs, to quote the Beatles) to win. If we tighten up our D, we should be good.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Tricky Ricky
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Tricky Ricky » Fri May 23, 2008 1:28 pm

CelticGamecock wrote:This team is going to come out in game 3 looking to send a message.

Its either send a message or you dont advance to the next round, this one should be a barnburner
MVP16
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#13 » by MVP16 » Fri May 23, 2008 1:47 pm

I don't see any reason to panic. Before the series, I was expecting Detroit to split the first 2 games. Of course, I would be ecstatic if the C's won both, but we a playing a really good team and it won't be that easy.

I also think that we'll split the 2 games in Detroit. The fact that we have been so good at home hurt us on the road IMO. Every game so far that we have played on the road, we have been up in the series. So in most of the road games, we didn't have the same urgency and back to the wall feeling as we will have these next 2 games. I'm think that we'll pull one out and the series heads back to Boston 2-2.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,025

Post#14 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri May 23, 2008 5:25 pm

Considering the Pistons won by being lights out shooting jumpers I'm not in the least bit panicked by this loss. I thought our offense was terrible trying to get into sets last night (credit Detroit's D for part of that), we were wasting half the shot clock, and we still were in it right til the end. This won't be an easy series, but anyone who claims we are done is a pussy who is too afraid to root for the team in my opinion, they'd rather be able to say I told you so when we lose than be hurt by losing because they had the guts to stay behind the team. All these gloom and doom "fans" need to grow a set of testicles IMO, we're about to start a best of 5 series and that's all there is to it. Ray Allen knocking down jumpers again really is a vote of confidence for me also, here's to Ray getting setting fire to the nets in Auburn Hills!
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#15 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri May 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:Considering the Pistons won by being lights out shooting jumpers I'm not in the least bit panicked by this loss. I thought our offense was terrible trying to get into sets last night (credit Detroit's D for part of that), we were wasting half the shot clock, and we still were in it right til the end. This won't be an easy series, but anyone who claims we are done is a pussy who is too afraid to root for the team in my opinion, they'd rather be able to say I told you so when we lose than be hurt by losing because they had the guts to stay behind the team. All these gloom and doom "fans" need to grow a set of testicles IMO, we're about to start a best of 5 series and that's all there is to it. Ray Allen knocking down jumpers again really is a vote of confidence for me also, here's to Ray getting setting fire to the nets in Auburn Hills!

:nod:

This is exactly what I've been saying the last couple of weeks.

Also, I agree, the Pistons are a jumpshooting team which means they'll run hot or cold...if they shot an average night last night, they lose even with our bad 4th quarter D. So I feel good about going into game 3.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#16 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri May 23, 2008 5:49 pm

Positivity! My kind of thread! Let's go celtics! win it on the road!
Al-Haqq
Starter

Post#17 » by Al-Haqq » Sat May 24, 2008 7:14 am

Pierce's averages over the last 3 games, since he got back to his old self.

29.7ppg / 4.7rpg / 5.3apg / 54%FG

Return to Boston Celtics