ImageImageImage

Paul Pierce almost broke my heart...

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,950

Paul Pierce almost broke my heart... 

Post#1 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:09 am

... When I saw him in the tunnel in a wheel chair. After all he had been through with this team, I really thought he was done for the playoffs. Nothing would have made me sadder at that point, but I guess Paul Pierce is like the old TNT commercials, he knows drama. Knocking down those back to back threes was sick, if we win number 17 number 34 is going to be hangin in the rafters with well deserved pride. Thank god I work for myself, because I'm going to be hung over in the morning... GO CELTICS!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
SonicYouth34
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#2 » by SonicYouth34 » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:13 am

I almost lost my dinner when he went down, good to see him have a great 2nd half
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
1,2,3 Ubuntu.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#3 » by sully00 » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:14 am

That could have been the single worst moment in sports I could possibly think of.

The Lakers think he jaked it.
pfm
Sixth Man
And1: 1,652

Post#4 » by pfm » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:15 am

When he was holding that knee I put a blank stare on the TV and could not say a word even if I tried
Truthiracy
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Post#5 » by Truthiracy » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:18 am

I instantly developed more hatred towards Perk, that one play made me incredibly sad until he came back.
Debate the Conspiracy master on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/truthiracy3
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:21 am

piercef0rmvp wrote:When he was holding that knee I put a blank stare on the TV and could not say a word even if I tried

Lol, my girlfriend got pissed at me because whe was trying to comfort me during a commercial and I wouldn't talk to her. What she didn't realize was I was trying not to get up and start ripping the house apart. Perk is my favorite player, but when he was hurt I could handle it, I could not deal with that happening to Paul after all he has been through with this team.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach

Post#7 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:23 am

LucerneStDoggz wrote:I instantly developed more hatred towards Perk, that one play made me incredibly sad until he came back.

C'mon, it was a complete accident, you can't blame Perk for that **** no matter what your agenda is. Perk works his ass off, even if you don't have confidence in him I can't understand how you could hate him.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#8 » by meatball sub » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:26 am

When PP went down: :noway: :nonono: :cry: :waaa: :jawdrop: :confused: :uhoh: :upset: :sad: :o

When PP came out of the tunnel: :clap: :bowdown: :cheesygrin: :eyebrows: :lift: :king: :love: :rock: :onfire:

Both moments touched on completely opposite sides of the emotional spectrum for sure, I can't say enough about this guy and what he means to this franchise. He's true warrior, he's the **** truth and he will soon be an NBA Champion.

Love ya, #34. 3 more wins, baby![/b]
screwedupmaniac
Sophomore

Post#9 » by screwedupmaniac » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:30 am

when paul first went down i couldn't move a muscle or make a noise, i was stuck standing with a frozen look on my face and my hands gripping my hair.

when i saw him in the wheelchair, i felt tears start to well up.

when the team held it's own until the captain came back and drilled back to back 3's, i said to myself "i'm watching history right now."

thank you, Red...thank you Danny...thank you Doc...thank you Paul Pierce.

Goodnight.
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#10 » by Gomes3PC » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:33 am

When PP went down and grabbed his knee, my first feeling was "Well, that was fun. How bout them Sox!"

It got even more depressing seeing the replays of him being carried off the court.

But you know what made me proud- seeing his teammates right there with him, literally carrying him. If this team does not define TEAM BASKETBALL, I don't know what does. Just an unbelievable sight of comraderie to me.

Also love that he hit that And-1 trey; the basketball gods knew he was owed one after the Pistons series.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#11 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:34 am

Easy, he is still not feeling 100%. He used the terms "we'll see" for game 2. I am still nervous for paul.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#12 » by Tricky Ricky » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:40 am

Just got home from the game, when Paul Pierce went down I had somewhat of the same feeling of when Tony Allen went down last season only difference was that this was the NBA Finals and it was the heart and soul of the Boston Celtics, the Truth, the Captain, the man Ive been watching for 10 season, the man who Ive cheered for in huge games such as DET series, such as the greatest comeback in playoff history PAUL PIERCE and for him to be injured it just broke my heart he plays his heart out every night and when he was carried off it just wasnt fair yet the warrior he is Paul came back and showed why he was the captain

HUGE GAME, HUGE WIN!
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
Jon_Bon
Senior

Post#13 » by Jon_Bon » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:42 am

Celtics_Champs wrote:Easy, he is still not feeling 100%. He used the terms "we'll see" for game 2. I am still nervous for paul.

It's the NBA finals ... he'll be there. I guess the only question is how healthy he'll be.
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#14 » by TommyPoints » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:46 am

Pierce leaving the game and running back on the court was one of thoe most dramatic sports experiences for me. When he ran back on the court and the crowd screamed I got goose bumps.
Spud34
Banned User

Post#15 » by Spud34 » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:54 am

CelticGamecock wrote:Pierce leaving the game and running back on the court was one of thoe most dramatic sports experiences for me. When he ran back on the court and the crowd screamed I got goose bumps.

I was praying to the lord. :pray:

Most dramatic sports experience for me too. Out of all the plyrs on the court it just had to be the Pierce. Thank God the Captain came back.
daveisceltics
Bench Warmer
And1: 517

Post#16 » by daveisceltics » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:18 am

That had to be one of the most scary moments of my life.
I whipped my remote and broke it.
Thankfully the man came back out and got us a win.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#17 » by Tricky Ricky » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:20 am

For any wrestling fans it reminded me of when a few of the good guys are getting beat up and you just keep looking towards the entrance ramp for The Undertaker or Stone Cold to come out for the save
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#18 » by Athanacropolis » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:20 am

Another legendary Paul Pierce moment in a season full of them. I'm with bove: I ran the gamut of emotions, but I knew that he was going to come back.
Big Baby
Bench Warmer
And1: 656

Post#19 » by Big Baby » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:33 am

[color=green]IN PAUL WE BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!
WE BELIEVE IN THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!
[/color]
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,352

Post#20 » by tlee324 » Fri Jun 6, 2008 6:11 am

Yeah, I was pretty much done with the series when I saw Pierce go down, I just didn't think they'd have enough offensive firepower to bring to the table. But Pierce came back, and I didn't expect him to be 100%, but whatever percentage he was, it was more than enough. He showed more "Celtic Pride" than any Celtic I've seen since the 80's; coming in and not just hitting those huge 3's, but covering MVKobe better than anyone has in the playoffs to date. Forcing those 4th quarter misses were ENORMOUS.

Return to Boston Celtics