ImageImageImage

Bad news: Referees for Game 4

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,344

Post#13 » by Red2 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:03 pm

when this season is over David Stern needs to take a hard look at the officiating and get rid of some of the incompetent refs we have. I would put Kenny Mauer at the top of the list followed by Joey Crawford, Violet Palmer and Bennett Salvatore. I don't mind tonight's crew although Washington often allows himself to be overruled by the other guys. The league needs more former players to become refs
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#14 » by Datruth345 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:15 pm

this crew has a .612 winning percentage in favor of the Home team

The Celtics are 1-2 in '08 postseason games in which Javie was part of the officiating crew. For the season, home teams went 43-34 when Javie was on the crew.

Official 2: Joe DeRosa, No. 14

The Celtics are 2-1 in '08 postseason games in which DeRosa was part of the officiating crew. For the season, home teams went 51-29 when DeRosa was on the crew.

Official 3: Tom Washington, No. 49

The Celtics are 0-2 in '08 postseason games in which Washington was part of the officiating crew. For the season, home teams went 53-27 when Washington was on the crew

if anyone was curious
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#15 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:34 pm

^^Gee big surprise they were picked for tonight, huh?

The NBA probably feels they dodged a bullet when the Lakers edged out the C's in game 3...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#16 » by Athanacropolis » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:25 pm

The league has one serious credibility problem when fans and pundits and even players and coaches believe that individual referees will have a direct impact on the outcome of a game.

But hey! David Stern tells us (through his agents) that it's "ridiculous" and "preposterous" to assume that! It's morning in the NBA people!

Celtics will get jobbed, but will win regardless, AS LONG AS the D is even 25% better than it was Tuesday night.
Big Baby Burger
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#17 » by Big Baby Burger » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:02 pm

Joe DeRosa is pretty bad ref. He's that bald guy who ALWAYS screws up blocking/charging calls. You all will hate him after tonight.

Javie is a pretty good draw for the C's, though, because he is notoriously anti-home team.

Not sure about Washington, but the C's are 0-2 in playoff games he's called this year.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#18 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:00 pm

Athanacropolis wrote:The league has one serious credibility problem when fans and pundits and even players and coaches believe that individual referees will have a direct impact on the outcome of a game.

But hey! David Stern tells us (through his agents) that it's "ridiculous" and "preposterous" to assume that! It's morning in the NBA people!

Celtics will get jobbed, but will win regardless, AS LONG AS the D is even 25% better than it was Tuesday night.

Not even the D...if Pierce and KG sink 3 more baskets each in game 3, we win.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
8'sReverse
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Southern California~ Watching the only LA NBA team, the Lakers!

Post#19 » by 8'sReverse » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:36 pm

Gomes3PC wrote:Meh, I don't care about the crew. Stop focusing on the officiating. Kobe will get calls in the paint when he is at home, no matter who the referees are. Just the way it goes; part of it is his teammates spacing better and shooting better at home. Part of it is Kobe feeding off the crowd. And part is likely a little home cooking from the refs.

If Garnett, Pierce, and Allen can ever get playing well all at the same time, it won't matter. If those three click, we are going to be one tough team to beat, home or road.
Perfect post... I agree with every point, including the bit about the Big 3 clicking.
Charles Barkley wrote:"I've got TWO words for you... 'Chris Paul and Steve Nash, must see TV'!"
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,739

Post#20 » by meatball sub » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:47 pm

You know the NBA has major issues when there's at least one referee in every game that people rooting for both teams just pray and hope they're not the ones that get screwed over. With that said I'm glad there's no Mauer, Crawford or Salvatore tonight; those guys are beyond terrible.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#21 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:12 pm

bove310 wrote:You know the NBA has major issues when there's at least one referee in every game that people rooting for both teams just pray and hope they're not the ones that get screwed over. With that said I'm glad there's no Mauer, Crawford or Salvatore tonight; those guys are beyond terrible.

:nod:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Rocky5000
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Rocky5000 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:23 pm

61.5% home winning percentage seems pretty favorable to me. The Lakers haven't lost at home yet in the playoffs, so having a 40% chance of winning there is fine by me. Consider these facts: The 16th team in the playoffs, Atlanta, had a home winning percentage of 61%. Only 4 teams in the west were below 61%, (Sacramento had a winning percentage of around 63.4%), so if anything these refs favor the home team at a rate less than average.
lojowo
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#23 » by lojowo » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:02 pm

quick number check, in the regular season, Home teams won over 60 percent at home anyway, so those numbers arnt as bad as they seem?
3pt %
General Manager
And1: 2,675

Post#24 » by 3pt % » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:10 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:Steve Javie is one of the worst, among the likes of Bennett and Mauer. Yipee...

Amen.

The only possible benefit is he loves to T guys up, and Kobe has been picking up a heap of them lately.
Captain_Caveman wrote:Probably couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the C and the A.

Return to Boston Celtics