ImageImageImage

Who else is just proud of Paul Pierce?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

GreenGrizz
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#37 » by GreenGrizz » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:55 pm

I Have been a celtic fan for 30 years. I am very proud to have him among the celtic greats.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,741

Post#38 » by meatball sub » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:31 pm

Watching Larry Bird may have gotten me interested in basketball, but watching Paul Pierce got me to bleed green. That's when you know how much a player means to your franchise.

When we lost the lotto last year it was the emptiest feeling I've ever had as a sports fan...until Paul went down in game 1. My immediate reaction was not a championship flashing before my eyes. I saw my favorite player, the guy who truly makes me proud to be a Celtics fan, have his dreams crushed. And when he emerged from that tunnel a few minutes later bouncing up and down like Ali I was more excited than the day we traded for KG. The captain was back, he was OK!

Paul Pierce is the same guy who when I tell my non-Celtic fan buddies he's my favorite player they say his game is ugly, he's a ballhog, he doesn't play defense and worst of all...T-Mac is better. Those same friends are now sending me text messages during the playoffs telling me all the things I've known about him for years. Paul has finally gained the respect from fans of other teams and the media that he's always wanted and goddammit he's earned it. They all finally know The Truth.
BeanTownBrawler
Veteran
And1: 121

Post#39 » by BeanTownBrawler » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:52 pm

bove310 wrote:Watching Larry Bird may have gotten me interested in basketball, but watching Paul Pierce got me to bleed green. That's when you know how much a player means to your franchise.

When we lost the lotto last year it was the emptiest feeling I've ever had as a sports fan...until Paul went down in game 1. My immediate reaction was not a championship flashing before my eyes. I saw my favorite player, the guy who truly makes me proud to be a Celtics fan, have his dreams crushed. And when he emerged from that tunnel a few minutes later bouncing up and down like Ali I was more excited than the day we traded for KG. The captain was back, he was OK!

Paul Pierce is the same guy who when I tell my non-Celtic fan buddies he's my favorite player they say his game is ugly, he's a ballhog, he doesn't play defense and worst of all...T-Mac is better. Those same friends are now sending me text messages during the playoffs telling me all the things I've known about him for years. Paul has finally gained the respect from fans of other teams and the media that he's always wanted and goddammit he's earned it. They all finally know The Truth.

YEAH BOY!!!
"I have conflicted feelings right now. I mean its great and all, and no way I'd change it, but does anyone else kinda feel that we got luckier than we deserved to get? It almost feels like we're the benefactor of some NBA conspiracy."
Al-Haqq
Starter
And1: 1

Post#40 » by Al-Haqq » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:20 am

Only fitting that in his best year as a pro, he gets an NBA Finals championship and MVP, both which are very possible right now. I think he's the most under-rated star player in the league, and he's proving it on the biggest stage of them all.
point1
Ballboy

Post#41 » by point1 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:11 am

IEcelticfan wrote:i'm goin to blow my hard earned money on a #34 joisey real soon .... hope they still have some at the local mall here in ontario :PP

ontario ca?
TheCelticTruth
Analyst
Location: You Can't Handle the Truth, the real city of champions, again.

Post#42 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:13 am

pp is my personal favorite celtic. maybe just because hes the one ive watched most, but he is my favorite.

Sig by twolves4ever
Boston-Syracuse-North Carolina, Screw Duke and BC
"ubuntu"
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,366

Post#43 » by tlee324 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:56 am

I really don't think Pierce has changed a whole lot since the Garnett/Allen addition. We saw this before when more talent is added to the roster, Pierce fits in well. When Walker/Payton/Davis was on the squad, Pierce took less shots and played more efficient basketball, fitting into the changes that were made to the team. Now he's doing pretty much that same thing, and I think this is how he actually prefers to play the game. With such bad talent around him most of the time, he never really had the opportunity to play this way. Everything now is more amplified because of the spotlight he's in, with the winning record and championship glory on the line... but to us--or at least to me--he's still the same Pierce; he's not doing anything outside of what we've known he's capable of.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#44 » by GuyClinch » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:00 am

Agreed. PP was right. He told everyone he was a top ten player and then no one agreed with him. He told people he was a good defender and no one agreed with him. People scoffed at the idea he was the best Celtic on the offensive side of the ball ever.

Now with exposure most people have come around to what most Celtics fans already knew.. PP is a heck of a basketball player and will probably make the HOF. Look at things like the winning percentages last year with and without Pierce was a prime example of how easy it was to see this..

Pete

Return to Boston Celtics