ImageImageImage

Billups and Rasheed

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Billups and Rasheed 

Post#1 » by theman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:24 pm

There was a rumoured trade of Billups and R. Wallace to GSW for Baron Davis. Now I am not suggesting this but the following does work under the CBA:

Detroit Trades
Chauncey Billups
Rasheed Wallace

Boston Trades
Ray Allen
Brian Scalabrine (To make salaries work).

I would hate to breakup the chemistry of the big three but this trade would be very tempting (doubt it would be for Detroit since they have Rip).

But look at our potential team

PG Billups/Rondo
SG Pierce
SF KG
PF Wallace
C Perkins
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,802

Re: Billups and Rasheed 

Post#2 » by meatball sub » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:34 pm

Wouldn't happen, it would definitely be tempting but Chauncey "Big Shot" Billups is pretty much MIA. He hasn't been that impressive in the playoffs since they won the Finals IMO. Plus, I like the fact that Ray's contract expires the same offseason LBJ becomes available. It's a longshot but he can become a billionaire as part of the most prestigious franchise in the NBA and go down as the greatest CELTIC ever which would be a very impressive feat.

I'd prefer a crack at that happening and the pipe dreams we're all sure to have as we get closer to the summer of 2010 than to throw it all away on Billups and Sheed. The Pistons are considering breaking up that team for a reason...
ARB729
Lead Assistant
And1: 17

Post#3 » by ARB729 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:03 pm

Why would we put KG at the 3? He is a superior interior defender, but would get WORKED covering quick, shooting 3s the whole game/season. Plus Billups is getting a little older. If we were to trade Ray, I would want to get younger by a lot.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,025

Post#4 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:13 am

Who would I boo the loudest if Rasheed was on the Celtics? I guess it would be Kobe. If any of the big 3 get traded I'll sport a Kobe sig until '09 rolls around. Not gonna happen.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#5 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:24 pm

bove310 wrote:Wouldn't happen, it would definitely be tempting but Chauncey "Big Shot" Billups is pretty much MIA. He hasn't been that impressive in the playoffs since they won the Finals IMO. Plus, I like the fact that Ray's contract expires the same offseason LBJ becomes available. It's a longshot but he can become a billionaire as part of the most prestigious franchise in the NBA and go down as the greatest CELTIC ever which would be a very impressive feat.

I'd prefer a crack at that happening and the pipe dreams we're all sure to have as we get closer to the summer of 2010 than to throw it all away on Billups and Sheed. The Pistons are considering breaking up that team for a reason...

Agreed. Billups is the classic case of a guy having one good postseason and everyone then just extrapolates it to mean he's clutch ALL THE TIME. There's a huge difference between Larry Bird (or Jordan, or Magic, etc) and Chauncey Billups when it comes to delivering in the clutch year in and out over a career.
HighAboveCourtside
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#6 » by HighAboveCourtside » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:57 pm

I would rather crap a Christmas tree than hear that trade announced. Terrible. Even if we get rid of Scal in the deal
Al-Haqq
Starter
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Al-Haqq » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:32 pm

Right ...................... because this is a trade the Pistons will do.

Some how I don't think so.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,691

Post#8 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:33 pm

Dumars has issued a vehement denial of the deal, which never made any sense for Detroit in the first place.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#9 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:25 pm

I think Dumars is up shite-creek because outside of Tayshaun Prince or maybe Rip Hamilton, everyone in that starting 5 is on the downside of their career, the championship window is slammed shut, and aside from Maxiell and Stuckey, they don't have ****.

My prediction: minimal changes in Det and a 2nd-round exit next year.
Truthiracy
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Post#10 » by Truthiracy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:48 pm

Deeeeeeetroit.. basketballlllllalala is done for about 10-15 years, they are no longer relevant and I would never take any of their complacent over the hill garbage players on this Team.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#11 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:33 pm

LucerneStDoggz wrote:Deeeeeeetroit.. basketballlllllalala is done for about 10-15 years,
they are no longer relevant and I would never take any of their
complacent over the hill garbage players on this Team.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rock: :rocking: :rockon:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
PPAW4Life
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#12 » by PPAW4Life » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:29 pm

Why would they do this trade again?

How does this help the Pistons?

Return to Boston Celtics