ImageImageImage

Mutombo will resign with Rockets; C's still evaluating...

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Mutombo will resign with Rockets; C's still evaluating... 

Post#1 » by campybatman » Sun Jul 6, 2008 2:05 pm

I expect to read a similar article about Mourning if he decides to return for one more season in Miami.

Expect the Houston Rockets to announce that they've reached a deal with Dikembe Mutombo. The Boston Celtics were hot on his trail, but have now shifted their attention to other free agents.Patrick O'Bryant is the latest to run through Boston as the champs continue their search for someone to backup Kendrick Perkins, but O'Bryant (who failed to impress Miami earlier in the week) left a lot to be desired as he struggled to match-up with even the young, inexperienced players Boston had in for the workout. There's a long list of secondary players who will get consideration from the Celtics, but scratch Mutombo's name off. All indications are he'll be in red and white again next season. It might even be his last, but we're not counting on it. HoopsWorld / July 5
campybatman
Lead Assistant

Re: Mutombo will resign with Rockets; C's still evaluating... 

Post#2 » by campybatman » Sun Jul 6, 2008 2:21 pm

Draft Express has it wrong about Morris. I would flip-flop it. Haywood has been a much improved player the past two seasons.

Randolph Morris

Comparisons:

Best Case: Jamaal Magloire
Worst Case: Brendon Haywood

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Randolph-Morris-32/

Randolph Morris, one of the lesser-known members of last season’s cursed roster, landed with the Celtics in last week’s rookie and free agent minicamp.

After two seasons on Isiah Thomas’ bench to nowhere, the former Kentucky center and onetime teammate of Rajon Rondo now has to remind people of who, exactly, he is.

“It was hard because you had to try and find different ways to get noticed,” Morris said. “But when I did get the chance, I had to live up to my potential, and that didn’t happen.

“But there’s no question it was tough there. The first thing you wanted to deal with was the question of helping the team in some way. But there were only spotty minutes in practice for guys like me, and that should have been the time when they were trying to develop their young guys.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bask ... rticleFull
TheCelticTruth
Analyst
And1: 0
Location: You Can't Handle the Truth, the real city of champions, again.

Post#3 » by TheCelticTruth » Sun Jul 6, 2008 3:47 pm

morris intruiges me more than some of the other thus far failed yet talented bigs, because he was the center for that dwight howard-josh smith-randolph morris HS AAU team... btw they were something gaelic in name, it wasnt the Atlanta Celtics was it?

edit: yup

http://www.atlantaceltics.com/celtichome4.html

Sig by twolves4ever
Boston-Syracuse-North Carolina, Screw Duke and BC
"ubuntu"
campybatman
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by campybatman » Sun Jul 6, 2008 6:06 pm

If you read from the Draft Express analyst of Morris. The writer(s) seem to compare and contrast him with Howard. Which I didn't see the point of. How would Ainge better gauge Morris' skills by reading through that? It would make me think: Gee, I would prefer to have this Howard player instead of this Morris player. In other words, they don't compare.

By the way, is there a Boston Hawks AUU team?
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Post#5 » by meatball sub » Sun Jul 6, 2008 6:43 pm

Mutombo obviously was lying when he said he wants to win a championship...
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#6 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Jul 6, 2008 6:59 pm

Awe, what the ****

I'll bet my right nut that Rob Swift has a better 08-09 season than Chris Andersen, Randolph Morris, and Patrick O'Bryant.
LarryBrdismyDad
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#7 » by LarryBrdismyDad » Sun Jul 6, 2008 7:33 pm

The AAU team was called the Atlanta Celtics and that summer of 2003 team was the best AAU team ever at the time according to recruiting gurus. The starting lineup was Morris, Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, Dwayne Day (plays at So Carolina), and Jarvis Crittenton. This team I saw play in the finals in the Las Vegas Big Time Tournament against a team from Michigan with Al Horford and Drew Neitzel and they beat the by 20! It was one of the most dominating performances I have ever seen. The Celtics were ahead by 15 at half and won the game by 20 but were up 30+ for much of the 2nd half.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#8 » by bruno sundov » Mon Jul 7, 2008 8:01 pm

I'm all for Chris Andersen coming here. That would be great. Between him and KG you could power the fleet center with their electricity.
campybatman
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by campybatman » Mon Jul 7, 2008 9:49 pm

andy582 wrote:I'll bet my right nut that Rob Swift has a better 08-09 season than Chris Andersen, Randolph Morris, and Patrick O'Bryant.

They [former Sonics] need to worry about finding a facility for the team to practice first. Besides, isn't Swift still rehabbing?

Garnett and Andersen I'd read befriended each other. Andersen isn't a lock but I wouldn't be surprised if he does sign with Boston.

Return to Boston Celtics