ImageImageImage

Pat Riley - good luck

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

armageddon
Rookie
And1: 0

Pat Riley - good luck 

Post#1 » by armageddon » Tue Jul 8, 2008 3:06 pm

From the South Florida Sun-Sentinel -

For now, he (Riley) said, Marcus Banks would be projected as his starting point guard and Mark Blount as his starting center, but he acknowledged that hardly would be optimal.

Too funny.
Truthiracy
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Re: Pat Riley - good luck 

Post#2 » by Truthiracy » Tue Jul 8, 2008 3:23 pm

:lol:

The Miami Celtics
Debate the Conspiracy master on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/truthiracy3
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#3 » by bruno sundov » Tue Jul 8, 2008 3:33 pm

LOL. At least he knows that it wont work!!!
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,379

Post#4 » by Vertical Limit » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:21 pm

We got a great prospect at the point in Mario Chalmers, who made Rose look silly in the championship game and yesterday in the Summer League game. He ended up with 11 points, 6 Assists, and 5 steals yesterday (I think those were the numbers).

So, for now, I guess it will be okay to start Marcus Banks, but I can see Mario Chalmers taking the starting job midway through the season, though if he keeps impressing in the summer league and the preseason, who knows, we might just give him the starting job.

Basically what we're looking for at our PG position is a guy who can knock down the NBA three point range, can take the ball half court and set up an offense, and can play defense. Mario gives us that, Marcus Banks only gives us defense with an inconsistent range that can be streaky.

Eh, I don't want Blount on the team though. He's just crap.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#5 » by Tricky Ricky » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:28 pm

What about Daquean Cook? I think I heard he was hurt but is he a pg?
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by bruno sundov » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:54 pm

Bring in the person when a team is desperate at point, brings in, Dan Dickau.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#7 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:58 pm

armageddon wrote:From the South Florida Sun-Sentinel -

For now, he (Riley) said, Marcus Banks would be projected as his starting point guard and Mark Blount as his starting center, but he acknowledged that hardly would be optimal.

Too funny.

DING DING DING

We have a winner for most obvious/largest understatement of 2008.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @Heat (also @ Beasley getting hurt on the first play of his first scrimmage as a pro)
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#8 » by meatball sub » Tue Jul 8, 2008 5:08 pm

I wouldn't wish having Mark Blount and Marcus Banks into anybody's starting lineup unless, of course, it's the Knicks. For the Heat's sake that better not be Riley's plan A. :o
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by bruno sundov » Tue Jul 8, 2008 5:09 pm

How hurt is Beasley?
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#10 » by GuyClinch » Tue Jul 8, 2008 5:12 pm

Heat will move Banks. They been doing everything in their power to get someone else in there. Even crazy trades like Marion for Hinrich have been rumored. Banks is better then people realize - but Blount that will kill them..

Pete
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,229

Post#11 » by TheSheriff » Tue Jul 8, 2008 5:38 pm

Well at least they have Wade, Beasley, and Marion. Mario Chambers will probably get plenty of playing time. They should probably move Udonis Haslem for a better center.
SonicYouth34
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by SonicYouth34 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 6:13 pm

bruno sundov wrote:Bring in the person when a team is desperate at point, brings in, Dan Dickau.

:rofl: Now that's really desperate.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by bruno sundov » Tue Jul 8, 2008 6:46 pm

SonicYouth34 wrote:
bruno sundov wrote:Bring in the person when a team is desperate at point, brings in, Dan Dickau.

Thank you. Thank you. I'm here everyday from 6am until 4pm. Tips accepted.
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#14 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jul 8, 2008 7:51 pm

bruno sundov wrote:
SonicYouth34 wrote:

Thank you. Thank you. I'm here everyday from 6am until 4pm. Tips accepted.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,393

Post#15 » by threrf23 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 9:06 pm

Well...I still think Marcus Banks has potential. This year we find out if he learned anything from Steve Nash.

I know this would go against conventional logic...but if I were MIA, I might actually consider trying to trade Beasley for Andris Biedrins and filler

In any event, MIA should be pretty decent next year. I like what I read regarding their new coach, Beasley is a ROY candidate, Marion remains underrated even if he's not a perfect fit, and Dorell Wright could break out as well.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,379

Post#16 » by Vertical Limit » Tue Jul 8, 2008 9:18 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:
armageddon wrote:From the South Florida Sun-Sentinel -

Too funny.

DING DING DING

We have a winner for most obvious/largest understatement of 2008.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @Heat (also @ Beasley getting hurt on the first play of his first scrimmage as a pro)

Yeah he was so hurt, he put up 28 points and 9 rebounds yesterday against Thomas and Noah. Might not be much competition, but it showed me he's fine.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#17 » by GuyClinch » Tue Jul 8, 2008 10:14 pm

Not so sure about Chalmers. Remember Banks was a BEAST in SL - he scored 42 points on amazing shooting in one game last year. It's easy mode for legit prospects. I don't think Riley is counting on him. I think at best he is being groomed for the back up spot. I am sure they would like a Banks replacement and they will get one. Riley seems bent on it.

Beasley has super stud written all over him - I think Chicago will be upset for years to come.. Going small rarely works out.

Pete
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#18 » by Gomes3PC » Wed Jul 9, 2008 12:25 am

Chalmers has an uphill battle to make it in the NBA. There isn't a great track record of 2nd round PGs, as far as I know. I like his game, but I am not sure he is quite the playmaker and dribbler you need to run a team. He can shoot and defend, that's for sure, so I think he'll have a role in the NBA.

As for Banks, he's way overpaid, but the guy should be in the rotation for some team. If he ever got a coach he got along with, he could provide some great pressure D, outside shooting, and a fast-paced style to a team's 2nd unit. Pretty much exactly what you want out of your backup PG.
hiphop1
Lead Assistant
And1: 32

Post#19 » by hiphop1 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 12:42 am

Chalmers will be alright, he has skill. I was actually hoping we would pick him at thirty when he was available but I am happy with our draft. Plus he would have been redundant with the next Hibachi(Pruitt) on the team.
Free your mind and your a** will follow

Return to Boston Celtics