ImageImageImage

Knicks trade Weis for Ewing

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Knicks trade Weis for Ewing 

Post#1 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:10 am

lol, on the wiretap
SonicYouth34
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Knicks trade Weis for Ewing 

Post#2 » by SonicYouth34 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:25 am

That has nothing to do with publicity :roll:
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
1,2,3 Ubuntu.
DJToLarry
Pro Prospect
And1: 38

Post#3 » by DJToLarry » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:39 am

Good move for the Rockets. Weis will make their trampoline halftime show one of the best.
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 660

Post#4 » by DelMonte West » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:50 am

Am I the only one who feels bad for Ewing Jr. in this? As if answering to being Ewing's kid all your life isn't annoying enough, now you have to play for his old team?!

I think anyone can sympathize with that circumstance, and it's too bad. He shouldn't have to deal with that right out of the gate, but there's nothing he can do about it...
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#5 » by ParticleMan » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:15 am

LOL not only that, but he just got traded for perhaps the worst pick ever in the history of the NBA, without even having played a single minute. and this is already the second time he's been traded! i mean, that's gotta put a bit of a dent in the ol' dauber.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#6 » by meatball sub » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:29 am

Well, looking at it from his perspective, he's probably thrilled. You have to believe he grew up rooting for the Knicks so he's probably pretty excited about it. He and his dad are completely different players so only the really, really stupid Knicks fans will actually compare the two of them. I don't get this for the Rockets at all though...unless they needed a roster spot. I've been too busy soaking in the championship all summer to care about other team's offseasons as I have in years past. KISS MY GRITS AND THIS RING, BITCHES!!!
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#7 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:36 pm

Some Knicks fans think that the curse of Patrick Ewing will now be lifted. :lol: Unfortunately, the curse has nothing to do with them trading Ewing as opposed to front office ineptitude.
DynastyInTheMaking
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#8 » by DynastyInTheMaking » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:35 am

I laughed when I saw this, on both parts really.

I feel bad for Ewing Jr. though. I definitely feel he is a NBA talent, I did 3 mock drafts before the draft and put him in every one of them when not many other people were doing so. I feel there is no reason he can't be a solid NBA defender while developing his shot. His career can easily resemble one of two former Celtics - Reed or Posey.
I despise fans that cheer on a team from up north or one that resembles a dinosaur. oh wait...
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#9 » by Taget » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:03 pm

DelMonte West wrote:Am I the only one who feels bad for Ewing Jr. in this? As if answering to being Ewing's kid all your life isn't annoying enough, now you have to play for his old team?!

I think anyone can sympathize with that circumstance, and it's too bad. He shouldn't have to deal with that right out of the gate, but there's nothing he can do about it...

I agree. Those are shoes he can never fill. Even if he was an all-star.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#10 » by chrbal » Thu Sep 4, 2008 1:12 am

For the Knicks this trade is amazing. Trade some 30 year old who would never have made an NBA team anyways (and wouldn't have been drafted if it wasn't for "Giddy for Foriegners" frontoffices).

I think because he is Ewings son and because the Knicks have been such a mess for so long, he might actually get a better shot then he would anywhere else.

For the Rockets. They couldn't just waive Pat Ewing Jr. Ewing isn't working for them still is he? Did they feel they needed to get the guy the Knicks should've taken that year (artest) and the guy they did? I don't understand their angle in this at all.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#11 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Sep 4, 2008 5:02 am

chrbal wrote:
For the Rockets. They couldn't just waive Pat Ewing Jr. Ewing isn't working for them still is he? Did they feel they needed to get the guy the Knicks should've taken that year (artest) and the guy they did? I don't understand their angle in this at all.

Nope. Pat Sr. is working for the Magic. Besides, the Rockets needed a roster spot, and with McGrady, Battier, Artest, B.Barry and Chuck Hayes on the roster already, it made Ewing Jr. expendable.

Return to Boston Celtics