Image ImageImage Image

Benny the Bull revealed

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,403

Benny the Bull revealed 

Post#1 » by fleet » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:20 am

Updated: Sep 22, 2008 09:04 AM MST

Benny the Bull returns to Missoula

Former Monte Barry Anderson

People may know him as the former Monte and the Chicago Bulls' Benny the Bull, an award winning mascot with a lot of spunk, charm and character.

We had a chance to meet up with the fan attraction and learn about his famous job and why he loves it so much.

He's a two-time NCAA National Mascot of the Year and this weekend he made his annual visit to Missoula. Barry Anderson said when he auditioned for the Monte position at the University of Montana he never really took it seriously.

Then, when he got the job--he wasn't sure he wanted it. Anderson said he had some time in his schedule, so he became Monte.

Looking at his career now, he says it's nice to know what he chose to do is what he loves Anderson did say there are some differences between Monte and Benny the Bull.

"There are a little character differences. Monte was such kind of this real edgy kind of bad boy with a soft side, with the motorcycle and you know the bandana. And...Benny is a little bit sillier I guess you would say."

Looking at his career now, he said it's nice to know what he chose to do is what he loves.

"My mom looked at me like I had two heads the first time I told her that I'm going to be a professional mascot" said Anderson.

He added that his behavior changes when he puts on the costume because it allows a person to explore a different side of their personality.

Anderson says as a mascot you're always in the spot light, because people know who you are, but when you get out of the costume you can walk through a crowd and be yourself.

and, hes not a dope dealer. I'm pretty sure he'll vote for Obama too. This is just what I choose to believe
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Re: Benny the Bull revealed 

Post#2 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:21 am

The guy playing Da Bull was the dope dealer.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,979

Post#3 » by Jo Jo English » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:11 am

I miss the old Benny the Bull. The "pre-Jenny Craig" Benny.
newskoolbulls
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by newskoolbulls » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:52 am

I have a benny the bull bobble head on my desk. We dont have Da Bull anymore do we? He was scary looking with that grin.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Post#5 » by Mr. Tibbs » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:26 am

can someone tell me if the half court backwards shots he shoots are rigged or not? He doesn't always make them, but he's almost always very very close.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#6 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:13 am

Jo Jo English wrote:I miss the old Benny the Bull. The "pre-Jenny Craig" Benny.

This was done for this guy. He wanted Benny's image changed to a more athletic Bull - rather than one who looks like he drinks a six-pack a day & lays around the house.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb

Return to Chicago Bulls