ImageImageImageImageImage

Mike James on Supernanny

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Mike James on Supernanny 

Post#1 » by Copperhead » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:12 am

:o This Friday (12/12). Check your local listings.
Oct 16th 1968
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Mike James on Supernanny 

Post#2 » by Oct 16th 1968 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:10 pm

I saw it.. wow Mike James was a real arse at some points. Yes.. I watched supernanny and im proud of it.
DC old guy
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#3 » by DC old guy » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:38 pm

I watched it too. James came across as incredibly arrogant -- one can see why he is a shot-jacker. At one point he challenged the nanny why she thought she knew better than him how to raise his own children (of course she is an expert and has her own show on both US and UK television).

On the other hand he has an attractive wife and four daughters. He also has a large new home appropriate to someone making $6 million per year, with his own basketball court. He did seem to be fulfilling his role as a parent, although with the four kids and the supernanny there, he did disappear into the court for 61/2 hours.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#4 » by doclinkin » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:41 pm

What an ass. I uh dislike this guy already. I understand the reason for the swap, but we lost a quality character veteran for this swollen colostomy bag. If self-importance and ego were pus, this guy would be a toss-up between lancing the boil or full amputation. Hope to gawds the 'infection' don't spread to the young pups.

I dunno. I could be wrong. Don't know the guy personally. Just saying. Based on no professional opinion whatsoever: Dude needs therapy. Or maybe it's just me, maybe I'm projecting. Just saying. ain't no 'i' in TEAM but this guy acts like the ME in team is where it's AT.

On the plus side his ridiculously adorable babies love him dearly, that's always a plus in any book. Could just be his reaction to being sensitive and defensive is to be a total cornhole. And when the cameras ain't there he's a prince of a fellow. Maybe. But if that's the case he needs to fire his PR agent, they ain't doing him any favors. And come on dude, you wipe your girl baby front to back, and don't re-use the wipe. That's just basic child safety. Don't get mad if someone tells you something you don't know.

The wife had it on. But I watched every second of it.
newslowsad
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#5 » by newslowsad » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:48 pm

This is the guy who used the "one man's trash is another's treasure" metaphor when interviewed by NBC4's Dan Hellie on coming to the Wizards. :lol:
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#6 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:07 pm

doclinkin wrote:What an ass. I uh dislike this guy already. I understand the reason for the swap, but we lost a quality character veteran for this swollen colostomy bag. If self-importance and ego were pus, this guy would be a toss-up between lancing the boil or full amputation. Hope to gawds the 'infection' don't spread to the young pups.

I dunno. I could be wrong. Don't know the guy personally. Just saying. Based on no professional opinion whatsoever: Dude needs therapy. Or maybe it's just me, maybe I'm projecting. Just saying. ain't no 'i' in TEAM but this guy acts like the ME in team is where it's AT.

On the plus side his ridiculously adorable babies love him dearly, that's always a plus in any book. Could just be his reaction to being sensitive and defensive is to be a total cornhole. And when the cameras ain't there he's a prince of a fellow. Maybe. But if that's the case he needs to fire his PR agent, they ain't doing him any favors. And come on dude, you wipe your girl baby front to back, and don't re-use the wipe. That's just basic child safety. Don't get mad if someone tells you something you don't know.

The wife had it on. But I watched every second of it.

Maybe you can explain it to me, because I don't.
DC old guy
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#7 » by DC old guy » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:30 pm

I forgot to add this to my previous post -- his arrogant response when Supernanny tried to teach him something made me wonder how he is going to respond when basketball coaches try to teach him how to play within the Wizard's system.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#8 » by doclinkin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:31 am

20MexicanosIn1Van wrote:
doclinkin wrote:And come on dude, you wipe your girl baby front to back, and don't re-use the wipe. That's just basic child safety. Don't get mad if someone tells you something you don't know.

Maybe you can explain it to me, because I don't.

Explain what, the quote above you mean? If so:

Wipe your girl front to back and don't scrub or re-use the wipe because you don't want to spread fecal matter and bacteria into her little vaginal area. She could get a bacterial infection (E.Coli, even staph infection, etc) or a yeast infection that would be dangerous for a system so small. And the drugs used to treat it would be seriously harsh on a small body that's just starting out.

Plus, when you bring the kid in to be tested it can raise questions about sexual abuse, putting both parent and child at risk there. So. Right. pretty simple. And important to know, and no need for the guy to be an ass about it. That's his daughter's safety. If he doesn't know he shouldn't be embarrassed, her safety is more important than his pride.

Return to Washington Wizards