I hate Brad Miller
31%

Total votes: 54

Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 644

Lamar Odom for Brad Miller? 

Post#1 » by Desiderium » Fri Feb 6, 2009 5:16 pm

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has denied a rumor that the team is entertaining the idea of trading Lamar Odom to the Kings for center Brad Miller.

"I hope not," Odom said about the possibility of a trade. "I want to be a Laker for the rest of my life. I'm a rock star. I can't help it. Some people want me to go, some people want me to stay.

"I want to stay. I love L.A. I'm done moving around. I've been in L.A. since 1999. Why would I want to go anywhere else? And I want to win the big one. Why not? You're playing, you might as well want to win, right? I've lost plenty. It's time to win.

"Then I'll sail off to the sunset one day on my white horse."

per wiretap

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... ade_rumor/

ok lets take a quick vote. who says we should do this deal. i say no
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Lamar Odom for Brad Miller? 

Post#2 » by DubaLakers » Fri Feb 6, 2009 5:22 pm

Yea, I don't understand this deal. In the blue corner we have rest home ready Bradley Miller in the latter stages of his career? Miller is due huge jack for a few more years, 12M per. Now in the red corner we have Lamar Odom, the most versitile underachieving ;) in his prime player in the game that happens to be a FA in the off season and looks to take a hometown discount; he recently said he wants to retire a LAL. It makes no sense to me.

Even if this was legit, I think a lot of answers came off last nights dramatic win that abruptly stopped with 7 minutes left on my DVR saying would you like to delete this program? :banghead: ...FTW!
Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 644

Post#3 » by Desiderium » Fri Feb 6, 2009 5:31 pm

if its mitch's idea of lookin for a backup for bynum in case he doesnt come back, sigining brad miller is not the right move.
reason 1:
the dude is a small forward stuck in a center body
reason 2:
no way lakers should pay 13 million a season for a backup...
reason 3:
didnt shaq kick millers butt? if ur lookin for toughness, he aint it
reason 4:
what happens wen bynum gets back? you're stuck with a 13 million dollar player on the bench.

im sure theres more reasons...but its too early to think right now. lol.
filmchurch
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by filmchurch » Fri Feb 6, 2009 5:55 pm

Miller is definitely a downgrade. He's slow, can't defend and has more injury problems than Odom. He's also signed for over 10 million next year. Expiring contract yes but that money is needed for Ariza and Odom.

Miller can pass and can hit the mid-range shot but Odom has way more skills and if he had any competitive fire, this would be considered an absolute joke of a trade-scenario.

As I've always mentioned, LA has all the leverage in negotiations with Odom. Even if Odom plays well the Lakers can offer him less than what other teams would offer.

Please, if you're going to trade Odom, not for Brad Miller.
shobe_81
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#5 » by shobe_81 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:05 pm

DubaLakers wrote:Even if this was legit, I think a lot of answers came off last nights dramatic win that abruptly stopped with 7 minutes left on my DVR saying would you like to delete this program? :banghead: ...FTW!

LOL oh man that sucks
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by lakersfanatic » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:06 pm

not for brad.. not for the price. LO is too versatile and he creates a lot of mismatches.. eventhough he doesn't utilize it as much as we would like. I prefer him to stay a laker. unless him and some others fors stoudamire.. LOL jk he's expensive too. but not brad miller.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#7 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:19 pm

Simply put, this move makes no sense.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#8 » by miggs » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:34 pm

no way this is happening. They could get a better player suited player for LO so im sure this is just some very poor rumor, i mean yesterday there was a report that Mitch was through dealing and that Phil liked the team chemistry but that they'd look at scenarios... Brad Miller is no positive scenario... the guy is like a weaker washed up Matt Bonner!!! :lol: LO for Brad Miller? WTF hahahaha never son! :lol:
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
fareweatherfan
Senior

Post#9 » by fareweatherfan » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:16 pm

I voted yes just to ensure there was a point to the poll.

However, I would not support his trade.

That being said, I see many attractive aspects to this trade and I'd even venture far enough to say that we may have a better chance to win a ring THIS year with Brad Miller instead of Odom.

Nevertheless, the other cons you guys brought up outweigh the pros. Esp. his toxic salary (if in fact it runs for another two seasons...if its only one more season then its a whole different story IMO).
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#10 » by hermes » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:28 pm

no way, lamar is going to stay

i'm fully supporting him now
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#11 » by TommyTheCat » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:44 pm

"I want to stay. I love L.A. I'm done moving around. I've been in L.A. since 1999. Why would I want to go anywhere else? And I want to win the big one. Why not? You're playing, you might as well want to win, right? I've lost plenty. It's time to win.

"Then I'll sail off to the sunset one day on my white horse."

can brad miller give as wacky of a response? it sounds like odom has to convince himself he should want to win.
CX44
Analyst

Post#12 » by CX44 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:47 pm

No way. Miller is not that good and when Bynum comes back there is no where for him or his 12 million dollar salary.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#13 » by semi-sentient » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:49 pm

Yeah, this trade sucks.

I would rather us not do any trades and let Odom resign for less money, which he appears to be very committed to doing.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#14 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:49 pm

Horrible Deal, Horrible Trade, Horrible Suggestion
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,879

Post#15 » by ronnymac2 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:55 pm

semi-sentient wrote:Yeah, this trade sucks.

I would rather us not do any trades and let Odom resign for less money, which he appears to be very committed to doing.

This.

Brad Miller doesn't address any need for us. He's nothing special as a post presence, defender or rebounder. His passing is unnecesary for us. He doesn't have championship experience.

No way to Miller.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#16 » by That Nicka » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:21 pm

Odom>Miller
Flipdog69xxx
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#17 » by Flipdog69xxx » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:26 pm

NAY!!!!
wfiles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#18 » by wfiles » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:36 pm

If they include John Salmons then we should consider it. We can win with this:
C-Miller
PF-Gasol
SF-Salmons
SG-Kobe
PG-Fisher
lakeshow248
Senior

Post#19 » by lakeshow248 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:55 pm

I agree if Salmons is on board then I'd do it 100%. Something like Odom and Mihm's expirings would get it done money wise. Toss in a second rd pick and do it.

The versatility this year would be sick. The Lakers' could move Sasha because of Salmons and have Miller expiring but he would be the perfect backup to Bynum and Gasol if he re uped for 6 million a year.

Playoff time they could roll out Fish, Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, Salmons. -- then Farmar, Sasha, Miller, Powell and Ariza... with Vlad and Luke in deep bench w/ Benga.

Sacramento wants expirings, I'm sure they have Spencer Hawes at the Center in waiting and Kevin Martin as their future at the 2. So if they could have 16 million in expiring contracts it would go along way.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#20 » by semi-sentient » Fri Feb 6, 2009 9:10 pm

We could move Sasha?

Why would anyone want him?

He can't defend and he most certainly can't knock down open shots consistently, so he's practically useless.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Return to Los Angeles Lakers