ImageImage

Boozer to Houston?

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Boozer to Houston? 

Post#1 » by Baller 24 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:46 am

Clutchfans and Spurstalk are buzzing that it was reported on the local radio stations in Houston, it would be Scola + Artest for Boozer. No legitimate source as of yet, but no I don't want this!

I don't know what to think, I might even want to put a bullet through my head.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Re: Boozer to Houston? 

Post#2 » by TMACFORMVP » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:47 am

I highly doubt anything with Boozer is going down.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,188

Post#3 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:52 am

Why...
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#4 » by TMU » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:55 am

I don't like this trade. Sure if Boozer can contribute right away, his ability to stretch the floor and grab rebounds will be valuable to the team. However, the problem is that he has 2 years left in his contract with the final year being a player's option. We're aware of his tendencies (e.g.: Cleveland) and I have no doubt that he'll opt out of his contract this off-season. If he does opt out, we've basically given up Scola for nothing.

EDIT: Of course this will change if we can win a championship this season. But really, what are the chances?
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by TMACFORMVP » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:56 am

Why...

If your referring to me, well it's possible, it allows Millsap to grow, and have Scola as the backup, while picking Artest who could be a potentially valuable piece, all while being a risk that could potentially pay off for us, but I'm not really buying the source. Could be wrong though, if something like this were to go down, I'm not sure how my reaction would be, it'd all be dependent on how good McGrady is feeling.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,188

Post#6 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:58 am

I was wondering why we would do this...
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
CuttingEdge
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by CuttingEdge » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:08 am

Boozer is our mortal enemy.. Besides he's always injured and I'm sure without Scola we'd be screwed with nobody to block out and rebound + score in the post besides Yao. Scola is our only other post option because Landry is still wet behind the ears. I don't want Boozer,, I want our guys to punish them in the Play Offs.. Revenge Bitch.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by TMACFORMVP » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:11 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:I was wondering why we would do this...

Ahh, gotcha. My fault. :)
GetMoney
Analyst
And1: 1,035

Post#9 » by GetMoney » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:13 am

lol@ron artest in utah.. no way in hell
never
ImageImage. . . AND STILL
The Infamous1 wrote:It's only so long Weak teams can pretend
Mike12345
Junior

Post#10 » by Mike12345 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:14 am

Id rather make a similiar package and land Amare. Eventhough he might opt out it will give us some options in 2010. If him tmac and yao were healthy in the playoffs they could do damage and amare might wanna stay and we can evaluate tmac and yao then
tisbee
Starter

Post#11 » by tisbee » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:21 am

T-Mac United,
Boozer has 1 more yr on his contract-and it's a player option. He's told Utah-and everybody else-he's going to excercise his option and be a FA this coming summer.(and everybody assumed early on he was headed to Miami.)

However,it strikes me as pretty bogus,more somebody playing GM. One,it puts Hou into the Lux Tax,something we know the Rockets won't do. Second,Utah has 15 players,trading away 1 for 2 gives them 1 too many.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#12 » by Guy986 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:10 am

Please god no.

Usually i'm a very rational guy. Not wanting Boozer here is strictly personal. I hate the man.
HTown_TMac
General Manager
And1: 222

Post#13 » by HTown_TMac » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:12 am

We counter offer the same package + Alston for DWill. and AK47

lol
www.atrilli.net <- music blog
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 96

Post#14 » by Jaykoolzboy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:16 am

I think this is complete BS if you ask me

why

1. Ron Artest is the last guy on this planet that Jerry Sloan want to coach.
2. Morey tried really hard to put us at least close to the salary cap, this trade would make up over the cap by 3-6 millions, no way Alexander want to do that.
3. Boozer already stated that he is going to leave, no point to keep him on the roster.
4. Boozer's game is really close to Yao's game cept for the mid range jump shots, he is the low post offense presence and good rebounder, but we already have Yao (he is better than him in both category IMO)
5. We wont trade Scola unless it's something we can't miss (Amare, maybe Vince)

This is completely false speculation by somebody that has no clue about what's going on.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#15 » by MaxRider » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:22 am

excellent
we just got another injured prone player to join our team
aznkillabeezZz
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#16 » by aznkillabeezZz » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Artest and Scola for Boozer ?? Two undersized forwards for a true PF who can do everything. I'd do this trade in a heartbeat, only if Boozer would stay for us for the long run though.
aznkillabeezZz
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#17 » by aznkillabeezZz » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Jaykoolzboy wrote:I think this is complete BS if you ask me

why

1. Ron Artest is the last guy on this planet that Jerry Sloan want to coach.
2. Morey tried really hard to put us at least close to the salary cap, this trade would make up over the cap by 3-6 millions, no way Alexander want to do that.
3. Boozer already stated that he is going to leave, no point to keep him on the roster.
4. Boozer's game is really close to Yao's game cept for the mid range jump shots, he is the low post offense presence and good rebounder, but we already have Yao (he is better than him in both category IMO)
5. We wont trade Scola unless it's something we can't miss (Amare, maybe Vince)

This is completely false speculation by somebody that has no clue about what's going on.
Loll .. Yao is better than Boozer at rebounding in the post ?? I disagree.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#18 » by A.J. » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:05 pm

aznkillabeezZz wrote:Artest and Scola for Boozer ?? Two undersized forwards for a true PF who can do everything. I'd do this trade in a heartbeat, only if Boozer would stay for us for the long run though.

Yeah i would do that trade in a heartbeat also. I think Boozer is the better 3rd option on our team than Artest and he plays a position where I think we really need help at on offense, PF. Only if he sins with us long term.
T-Wack
Banned User

Post#19 » by T-Wack » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:32 pm

A.J. wrote:Yeah i would do that trade in a heartbeat also. I think Boozer is the better 3rd option on our team than Artest and he plays a position where I think we really need help at on offense, PF.

...What? No. The four is our most productive position by far. Between Landry and Scola, we're going to score more than enough points at PF. That's the last position that needs to be addressed. I can't believe we're involved in all of these rumors, yet our glaring weakness at PG continues to be overlooked.
Amel
Banned User

Post#20 » by Amel » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:41 pm

now, this is a deal I would do, but it would have been sweeter with Artest and Landry

Return to Houston Rockets