ImageImageImage

KG news..Update......

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

KG news..Update...... 

Post#1 » by Kefa461 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 8:30 pm

"He's moving a little better. He's jogging now," Rivers said, noting that there's no target date for Garnett to return to practice or basketball activity.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/blog/po ... 08-09.html

8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Re: KG news........ 

Post#2 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Mar 3, 2009 8:49 pm

Geez, so it was bad enough he hasn't even been jogging? I'm so confused...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#3 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 9:54 pm

They said they were going to take it slow with him.

Ainge said they were going to take the full 3 weeks... but to not have a target return date.. that is kinda weird.

Maybe this is our way of giving him rest.

Honestly we have been most careful with KG. He's the only part of the Big 3 that has been brought down to 32mpg from the get go. If we really wanted to power the second unit, we'd have KG not Ray Allen on it. KG is the only guy that can keep a defense and offense running by himself.
Harison
Starter
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Harison » Tue Mar 3, 2009 10:14 pm

It sounds a bit worse than I expected, I doubt we'll see him during Cavs game, but my main concern is if KG will be fully recovered in 6 weeks :-?
Who would win one-on-one in HORSE?

Bird: Nobody beats me in H-O-R-S-E. Besides, Magic cant shoot.

Magic: Larry, you'd have no chance against me one-on-one. I've got too many ways to beat you. Plus, as slow as I am, I'm still faster than you.

:lol:
Avalanche
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Post#5 » by Avalanche » Tue Mar 3, 2009 10:33 pm

i think its just that when he plays there is just so much movement around the court, that any attempt to rush back from an injury would end up worse.

we dont want that, a healthy KG in the playoffs is more important then him rushing back for HCA
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#6 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 1:03 am

Knowing how KG is, he's been ready to get back to action the first game after he injured himself. But even though we aren't the same team without him, and even though we are in a fight with Cleveland for the top spot, I think its good to get at least one of our Big 3 some rest and to get him as healthy as possible for the playoffs. This also will give Powe/BBD some added gametime.

Hopefully its just not one of those lingering injuries that will affect him the rest of the season or his career. But, boy am I ready for the big guy to get back in the lineup.
biggamejames2
Ballboy

Post#7 » by biggamejames2 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:08 am

i dont really agree with those who feel the importance of resting KG is worth jeopardizing homecourt. Cleveland will be a favorite in that series should they hold homecourt IMO. I wouldn't be all that shocked if saying they're using the full 3 weeks to rest him is a cover up for the fact that he's a bit more hurt than we think. Obv not to the same magnitude but look at what the Lakers PR did with Bynum last year.
DieselCeltic
Banned User

Post#8 » by DieselCeltic » Wed Mar 4, 2009 11:20 am

I think the C's are making this injury to be something serious which is clearly not. KG looked winded out for some reason even before his injury. Maybe this is a way for him to get some decent rest while he's healing and then have him ready by the end of the season - going into the playoffs. C's realized they can win games without him so why not give him some rest. Cleveland and Lakers will all be tired while we can have some fresh all-star and future HOF legs on the floor. I can see Pierce's minutes going down as well. Ray Allen will probably stay the same as he's one of the best conditioning guys in the NBA.
Kids Are Alright
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#9 » by Kids Are Alright » Wed Mar 4, 2009 11:43 am

The psycho level that he operates at means KG needs to be fully recovered, unlike Pierce's game. That was quite an extended absence for that chest muscle last year too.
Tanking :nonono: Live for the day 8-)
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#10 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Mar 4, 2009 12:04 pm

Kids Are Alright wrote:The psycho level that he operates at means KG needs to be fully recovered, unlike Pierce's game. That was quite an extended absence for that chest muscle last year too.

And that ended up turning out alright for us, didn't it? 8-)

I think it is better to let him heal completely NOW than to have nagging injuries turn into something major in the playoffs. I'd honestly rather have a 100% (or as close as possible) healthy team and the 2 or 3 seed than the 1 with everyone hurt...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
PPAW4Life
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#11 » by PPAW4Life » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:37 pm

C's are just being extremely careful with KG.

This isn't the only year we're going to be contenders....last thing we need is a premature freak injury to one of the Big 3.
Kefa461
RealGM

Re: KG news..Update...... 

Post#12 » by Kefa461 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 3:48 pm

Kevin Garnett has been spending extra time at the Celtics' training facility in Waltham, Mass., and appears to be making progress toward returning from a knee strain, according to coach Doc Rivers. "[Garnett] was on the treadmill [Tuesday], and I thought he was walking for the first time without a different gait," Rivers said before the Celtics took a 115-111 win over the Nets last night. "And I don't know what that means, but it's got to be better than the other day, when he was limping. I told him, 'You've been here for eight hours, and what are you doing here all day?' " Boston Globe

8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#13 » by sully00 » Fri Mar 6, 2009 3:20 pm

I think there are different levels to this. There is a treatment level and then there is preparing for the postseason.

I don't think KG needed to sit out 3 weeks to be able to play but they were thrilled with the results of letting him sit out that 10 game run in FEB last season Sun. will be 9 games, he will be better for the rest.

That will give Doc rejuvenated KG to ride for 2 weeks and he can ease up on Pierce and Ray Allen coming down the stretch and still be competitive.

Home court is important, but home court and gimpy 30+ year old all stars is useless. At 100% this team can beat anyone anywhere, the home court thing is an advantage but not a deciding factor. I think it is also more important to CLE than BOS. CLE home differential +15.4 and their road differential is +4.6 compared to Boston who is +11 at home and +7 on the road. I don't think they can win without it so maybe they spend a few too many bullets down the stretch trying to get that #1 seed and maybe stumble early because of it.
billfromBoston
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by billfromBoston » Fri Mar 6, 2009 5:00 pm

Gotta go with Sully here...everyone is making HCA out to be THE determining factor in winning or losing a series against Cleveland...while it's nice to have game 7 at home, the series still has to go 7 games for it to matter - one win on the road puts HCA back in the other team's hands, Boston could win 1 or the first 2 games and be in position to win on their home court.

People are taking last season's series and trying to read too much into how these teams match up this season IMO. There were so many factors playing into last season's match up, one of the most significant being Boston's inexperience as a team.

Boston is a better team this year - at least the starting lineup unarguably is - and the two new additions fill areas of need and represent a substantial potential for high impact, in the case of Marbury.

I'm much more concerned with getting the team healthy and getting Marbury acclimated quickly so he can start impacting this team with his offensive prowess - a factor that should weigh heavily into how difficult Boston is to defend come playoff time.

Tonights game is a "passion" game. Its not an accurate reflection of this team's potential strength come April and won't tell us much...
Kefa461
RealGM

Post#15 » by Kefa461 » Fri Mar 6, 2009 5:07 pm

Kevin Garnett is gradually recovering from a right knee strain and likely will remain out for at least one more week, Celtic coach Doc Rivers said after a Friday morning shootaround.

"He ran (Thursday), he told me, on the treadmill, and he said he felt great," Rivers said of Garnett. "Other than that, that's the first day he's been able to run. We're just going to take our time. I would say at least a week, and most likely longer."

Garnett will miss games against Cleveland (tonight) and Orlando (Sunday) and is doubtful for a visit to Miami (Wednesday) and a home game against Memphis (next Friday).

After Garnett was injured Feb. 19, he was expected to be out of action for at least two weeks.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball ... ek_mi.html

8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Kefa461
RealGM

Post#16 » by Kefa461 » Sat Mar 7, 2009 4:47 am

3-06-09 Watched without a limp the C's kicked the Cav's asses from the locker room.....he's back soon.... 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.

Return to Boston Celtics