ImageImageImage

Congratulation to Michael Beasley on a baby girl...

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HEATindaHouse
Banned User
And1: 0

Congratulation to Michael Beasley on a baby girl... 

Post#1 » by HEATindaHouse » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:43 am

Off the court, Beasley also is adjusting to a new role as a father. His daughter and first child, Mikaiya Zenee Beasley, was born May 19 in New York. Basketball has since taken on a greater meaning.

It was a game he always played for fun, and he vowed to keep having fun even when he started play for money. Now, it's a job he can no longer afford to take for granted.

The NBA game also provided a passkey of sorts to a lifestyle of late-night hangouts, clubs and flirtations with irresponsibility. For Beasley, the NBA now rhymes with 401K. And it represents a chance to provide for life well after he no longer hears the buzzer.

Maturation is no longer something for him to consider. It is a mandate.

''Having another life in your hands, it forces you to grow up and think twice about everything instead of yourself all the time,'' said Beasley, who spent Father's Day at home in Washington, D.C., with Mikaiya before he resumed workouts in Miami this week. 'My first year, I was living day by day, cashing checks and thinking, `I can buy this, I can buy that.' Now, it's like, 'If I [die] tomorrow, can she be set for life?' Instead of saving half of what you get, I'm saving 75 percent of everything I get.''

The Heat welcomes a change in Beasley's outlook and approach after a turbulent year that saw him get fined $50,000 last summer by the NBA for a violation of the rookie transition program and rack up more in financial penalties for breaking team rules during the season.

Teammates, coaches and staffers all have scoffed at some of Beasley's more childish antics at times that often were deemed inappropriate. Beasley said he was aware of his mistakes and vowed to do better, but also said: ``You can't expect me to act like I'm 30. I'm just like any other 19- or 20-year-old in the world.''

But the Heat has been encouraged by Beasley's more business-like approach as he enters a crucial period in his overall development.

''For six years prior to coming to the NBA, all he did was play in the paint and dominate,'' Heat president Pat Riley said. ``This is a different game now. He's got a Ron Artest-type, LeBron James-type body. He's a 3-4. He just needs to be taught specific skills. Take a look at Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu. Where [are they] earning [their] money? Michael's got the same skills. We have a plan for him.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/basketball/
FlashTheKilla
Lead Assistant
And1: 64

Re: Congratulation to Michael Beasley on a baby girl... 

Post#2 » by FlashTheKilla » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:53 am

This could be one of the best things to happen to Michael Beasley's career. He's gonna have to grow up real quick.

Congrats, Mike, but raising a baby girl will not Be Easy.
pusher
Junior

Post#3 » by pusher » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:55 am

yeah... congratuation to beas for the baby,now is time to grow a little more like a man..

btw,i find more interesting this part :
''For six years prior to coming to the NBA, all he did was play in the paint and dominate,'' Heat president Pat Riley said. ``This is a different game now. He's got a Ron Artest-type, LeBron James-type body. He's a 3-4. He just needs to be taught specific skills. Take a look at Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu. Where [are they] earning [their] money? Michael's got the same skills. We have a plan for him.''

''One thing I've already learned about this league is what happens, happens [and] you can't worry about it,'' Beasley said. ``I've seen guys get traded. I talked to Coach Riley and he just told me to cover my ears, don't listen, don't pay any attention.''

In the gym, there are fewer concerns about focus drifts.

''He's working,'' Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said of Beasley's attempt to add about 10 pounds. ``I don't want to play him at the same weight we did last year. He will put on weight but increase speed and athleticism the next three months. He's doing more with our perimeter players. It's not all foreign to him. He's doing more off the dribble.''

well,we all know riley,but this sound like a guy that the FO believe or,at least,dont want give up after 1 year...
Eric is the play of the year right there baby!!! (T.Fiorentino)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXwxWiG6 ... annel_page
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#4 » by Flash3 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:56 am

Wow, pretty early. But, either way, congrats.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
HEATindaHouse
Banned User

Post#5 » by HEATindaHouse » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:00 am

Flash3 wrote:Wow, pretty early. But, either way, congrats.

Flash I can explain the Birds and the Bees to you if you want

I'm sorry that was just 2 easy
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#6 » by Flash3 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:20 am

Lame, extremely lame.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#7 » by GameTime_3 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:33 am

Congrats Michael. It seems like Riley wants him to be a Lamar Odom type player, which wouldnt be a bad thing. Riley is trying to open up the PF spot!!! Michael will still be a kid but it forces him to work harder..Your right flash, alittle early for kids but hey, i guess everything happens for a reason.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,167

Post#8 » by Heat3 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:36 am

it seems I have to be the one to say it.....what a dumbass!

ah well congrats anyway and if it helps the Heat all the better lol
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,088

Post#9 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:45 am

I didn't see any mention of the mother. Did he get married already, is it his girlfriend, or did he just knock up some random hoodrat?
Wade County
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Wade County » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:54 am

No clue about the mother but Wade was a father around the same age and he turned out alright....

Riley's comments do tend to show a reluctance to trade Beasley, but Wade's impatience may change Riley's plans.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#11 » by dflash3 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:03 am

Wade County wrote:No clue about the mother but Wade was a father around the same age and he turned out alright....

Riley's comments do tend to show a reluctance to trade Beasley, but Wade's impatience may change Riley's plans.

Not really. Becoming a father or getting married as a young athlete takes real dedication and maturity. It usually ends up badly.

Beasley's attitude might improve but its going to be difficult for his personal life.
Scum Freezebag
Sixth Man
And1: 22

Post#12 » by Scum Freezebag » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:49 pm

He has a kid now?

Well, that sucks.

:lol:
Kiid-Nerd-
Bench Warmer

Post#13 » by Kiid-Nerd- » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:05 am

Wouldn't call her a hoodrat....its ...hard to explain her.

Lets just say months BEFORE she had the baby she went on a forum I visit&told MBealsey fans that she was having his baby. Some people believed her..some didn't.

Of course when she had the baby her friends came&made smart comments to MB's female fans..twitter pages were found...pictures..the whole nine. Lmao do you guys have his twitter..its all dude talks about..

I was curious when it was gonna out =P. Dumb move by him though , but congrats.
kiid-nerd- wrote: Jackass, I'm a girl . Do I have to start typing in pink font ?

King College PrepFreshman&Proud
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#14 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:14 am

It's just a random party girl. Congrats to Mike B for wasting so much money over the next 18 years. Guys wait for marriage or at least a quality female.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,167

Post#15 » by Heat3 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:04 pm

Now that I remember, this idiot got kicked out of last year's NBA Rookie Program. Had he not been fooling around there and paying attention instead, he might have learned the skills to avoid this situation. Now when he has to return this year they can make an example out of him LOL
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Return to Miami Heat