ImageImageImageImageImage

Rod Thorne: Top FAs could be moving

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,649

Rod Thorne: Top FAs could be moving 

Post#1 » by duetta » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:26 am

The second was team president Rod Thorn admitting his belief some pre-deadline trades could involve the top half dozen or so free agents. Thorn said the Nets, while not a lock to be in discussions for those types, will continue talking "on a daily basis, to see if there's other things we can do [to] help, whether short term or long term" before the Feb. 18 trade deadline.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/net ... QmTc6dv48M
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Re: Rod Thorne: Top FAs could be moving 

Post#2 » by knicks742 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:50 am

The question for me is not whether guys move but whether they resign and then move.

Anywho, this is yet another reason why we shouldn't trade any of our young core to drop salary because we may need to trade them to get into these trades.
roy10
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by roy10 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:02 pm

Lebron and Wade are not moving anywhere. Don't think anybody will give Toronto their asking price for Bosh and Joe Johnson is staying in Atlanta throughout this season.

Boozer and Amare are on the block, but this has been known for a very long time.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,966

Post#4 » by Fat Kat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:08 pm

roy10 wrote:Lebron and Wade are not moving anywhere. Don't think anybody will give Toronto their asking price for Bosh and Joe Johnson is staying in Atlanta throughout this season.

Boozer and Amare are on the block, but this has been known for a very long time.

Yep. That pretty much sums it up.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,233

Post#5 » by seren » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:55 pm

I think Bosh is still in play. Especially given Toronto's mediocre record. I can see them moving him if they can get some good pieces and if they are still around .500 by the deadline.
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#6 » by Da_Mane_Man » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:06 pm

pppfffff half dozen??? yea right!!

one, maybe 2 guys will move before the deadline. and im talking about guys that are considered good FAs for this summer. boozer will prob be one them
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#7 » by Esq-4 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Well I hope that some of the guys that we don't have interest in get moved to lock up other teams as potential competitors. For example, if Nets get Boozer/Amare, then we don't have to worry about them going after Lee since they would probably just try to keep who they traded for. Same reason I kind of wish that Jefferson to OKC trade was legit, so OKC is not a threat for Lee.

Crazy, but Boozer got traded to NJ, Amare to CHI, Jefferson to OKC, and Bosh to MIA then it is interesting what Lee would look for in a contract since every single team with cap space would already have a PF/C in place: NJ: (Lopez/Boozer), CHI (Noah/Amare), OKC (Jefferson), MIA (Bosh/Beasley), LAC (Kaman/Griffen), MIN (Love).

I know that won't be the case, but if Amare and Bosh both leave, and if Jefferson is on the market, looks like there might be enough big men for everyone.

I would think the UTA would be dieing to move Boozer if he is not part of the future though, get something for him, and allow Milsap to play and see what you get.

Return to New York Knicks