Image ImageImage Image

Rumor I heard about a Bulls-Magic trade

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

JOHN
General Manager
And1: 90

Rumor I heard about a Bulls-Magic trade 

Post#1 » by JOHN » Tue Feb 2, 2010 7:29 am

There is a manager I am very close to here in Greece and one of the top teams(OSFP) are targetting JJ Redick for next year.They are monitoring the situation and thinking of sending feelers with a mulimillion offer(our boy Arn Tellem will be thrilled).Of course my guy learned a few days ago that Reddick could be Chicago bound along with Anthony Johnson for John Salmons(Olympiacos really really likes him).The team believes it will be easier to get Redcock if he goes to Chicago(Bulls having other priorities as far as players).

Looks like the Bulls are indeed shopping John Salmons.
Remember remember the 1st of April.......
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Re: Rumor I heard about a Bulls-Magic trade 

Post#2 » by theanimal23 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 7:32 am

Thanks John. Always love hearing your rumors. This is a trade that many of us "GMs" have drawn up in the Trade Thread or in the past. It's a great move for the Bulls. It'll prolly require another player or two from both sides to get it approved via the CBA. I think any deal such as this would likely have Chicago receiving a future pick to compensate for the talent disparity. This is going to be an exciting deadline.

Edit: I don't think he is available, but I'd love to land Gortat.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#3 » by pduh01 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 7:34 am

Before anyone reply this post I have seen John sometime post his sources he is unlike some other posters while he isn't Tech but he do post some rumors if he heard anything just so you know.

But anyways interesting Reddick as much I don't care much about him but not doubt he was a great shooter in college I think he can be a good shooter in the pro if opportunity and depend on the system comes.
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#4 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 7:39 am

John, I dont think there was any doubt on this Board that Salmons was being shopped.

We just didnt know who might be interested.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
JOHN
General Manager

Post#5 » by JOHN » Tue Feb 2, 2010 7:39 am

pduh01 wrote:Before anyone reply this post I have seen John sometime post his sources he is unlike some other posters while he isn't Tech but he do post some rumors if he heard anything just so you know.

But anyways interesting Reddick as much I don't care much about him but not doubt he was a great shooter in college I think he can be a good shooter in the pro if opportunity and depend on the system comes.

This is the same guy that told me about the Thabo workout in Italy.He kept on telling me why i did not continue going for professional basketball when this Swiss kid is getting a tryout by Paxson(so true).
Of course I ve had some other sources with NBA connections that hear NBA stuff.Just relaying the info along.
JOHN
General Manager

Post#6 » by JOHN » Tue Feb 2, 2010 7:41 am

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:John, I dont think there was any doubt on this Board that Salmons was being shopped.

Well with this management you just never know.They might fall in love with the "core" after the latest surge and stand pat.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 7:44 am

JOHN wrote:
Tommy Udo 6 wrote:John, I dont think there was any doubt on this Board that Salmons was being shopped.

Well with this management you just never know.They might fall in love with the "core" after the latest surge and stand pat.

It is a real possibility that Paxson will not trade core players - like Kirk & Luol. However, Salmons and Tyrus Thomas (the two reportedly being shopped the most) are not core players at all. i expected both to be traded. :wink:
- -- Chinese proverb
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 7:52 am

Does it work in Trade Checker? After all, Bulls are sending out more salary than they are getting back.

YES!!

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Chicago and Orlando being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Chicago and Orlando had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out unless trade exceptions were used for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID #5424579

Chicago Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +1.7 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and +1.9 apg.
Incoming Players
J.J. Redick
6-5 SG from Duke
9.8 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 1.9 apg in 23.1 minutes
Anthony Johnson
6-3 PG from Charleston
4.8 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.3 apg in 14.8 minutes
Outgoing Players
John Salmons
6-6 SG from Miami (FL)
12.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.3 apg in 33.7 minutes

Orlando Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -1.7 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and -1.9 apg.
Incoming Players
John Salmons
6-6 SG from Miami (FL)
12.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.3 apg in 33.7 minutes
Outgoing Players
J.J. Redick
6-5 SG from Duke
9.8 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 1.9 apg in 23.1 minutes
Anthony Johnson
6-3 PG from Charleston
4.8 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.3 apg in 14.8 minutes
- -- Chinese proverb
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#9 » by boogydown » Tue Feb 2, 2010 7:54 am

Would be a great trade if we were able to exchange the two. JJ can be a good fit this season as well as the next.
Mapelgleaf
Assistant Coach
And1: 280

Post#10 » by Mapelgleaf » Tue Feb 2, 2010 7:58 am

Nice trade... I wouldn't mind keeping Reddick at the right price as we'll need 3pt sharp shooters off the bench for next year anyways.

Makes sense for Orlando too; gives them a better offensive/all around player
Websites • SEO • Graphic Design
http://www.AstuteWebGroup.com
tenritsu
Starter
And1: 44

Post#11 » by tenritsu » Tue Feb 2, 2010 8:02 am

JOHN wrote:There is a manager I am very close to here in Greece and one of the top teams(OSFP) are targetting JJ Redick for next year.They are monitoring the situation and thinking of sending feelers with a mulimillion offer(our boy Arn Tellem will be thrilled).Of course my guy learned a few days ago that Reddick could be Chicago bound along with Anthony Johnson for John Salmons(Olympiacos really really likes him).The team believes it will be easier to get Redcock if he goes to Chicago(Bulls having other priorities as far as players).

Looks like the Bulls are indeed shopping John Salmons.

:lol:

Seriously though, I'd do it.
DuckIII wrote:Its getting hard to not be hard.

Awww yea.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 8:04 am

Magic Board reports a possible JJ to Bulls for Salmons per "Alex Kennedy". The fans dont seem to want to trade JJ.
- -- Chinese proverb
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,896

Post#13 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Feb 2, 2010 8:14 am

I would do the trade bt Salmons has been doing good as of late. I wonder what it would do to the team overall.

And Johnson is a veteran pg who could play in streches and I will be happy. He can hit the three as well.

My only thing is that JJ doesnt do much offensivly. I think he needs a big man like Howard to be effective. But maybe with Rose driving, he could flourish. But we will see. If this trade goes through of course.

He is horrid on defense and his basketball IQ is horrid as well FYI.

What are both of their contract situations and how would they effect our summer?
JOHN
General Manager

Post#14 » by JOHN » Tue Feb 2, 2010 8:17 am

IF the Bulls are dead set on keeping Hinrich, unless we can package Tyrus+Salmons+James for Amare ,they have to insist on this deal.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,896

Post#15 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Feb 2, 2010 8:18 am

Tommy,
what do you think about JJ and johnson for replacing Salmons?
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#16 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Tue Feb 2, 2010 8:21 am

biggestbullsfan wrote:I would do the trade bt Salmons has been doing good as of late. I wonder what it would do to the team overall.

And Johnson is a veteran pg who could play in streches and I will be happy. He can hit the three as well.

My only thing is that JJ doesnt do much offensivly. I think he needs a big man like Howard to be effective. But maybe with Rose driving, he could flourish. But we will see. If this trade goes through of course.

What are both of their contract situations and how would they effect our summer?

Salmons recent play is what is making him the subject of trade talks. The Salmons from December would not draw much interest around the NBA

This trade also would give Bulls more space under the Lux tax, allowing for another trade (probably involving Tyrus or Pargo). Pargo would not be needed if we get A Johnson since we also just got brown

AJ is expiring & so is Redick. JJ is same as Tyrus - a Qualifying offer is required in off season. Both players very 2010 plan friendly!
- -- Chinese proverb
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#17 » by sdeezy » Tue Feb 2, 2010 8:26 am

biggestbullsfan wrote:I would do the trade bt Salmons has been doing good as of late. I wonder what it would do to the team overall.

I disagree with a lot of this. I watch a lot of Magic basketball and one of JJ's stronger points is his basketball IQ. He's a really smart ball player and obviously he strokes the 3 ball pretty well He's a good passer and makes very good decisions with the ball. He's nothing special defensively but he's no turnstyle either. He does a good job of using his body, though he's undersized and fights through screens. I'd love to have Reddick on this team
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#18 » by JackFinn » Tue Feb 2, 2010 8:48 am

Can't resent this trade. Redick's an excellent long ranger. Insurance in case Salmons opts in without simply dumping Salmons and risking our record this year. Still hope Hinrich's next for a swing for the fences. Would rather have a Johnson/Lee/Boozer than an Hinrich, and now that Millsap is mad balling, sensible words in English.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,196

Post#19 » by HomoSapien » Tue Feb 2, 2010 8:56 am

I don't know about this one. I like JayJay and AayJay quite a bit individually, and a month ago I would have definitely pushed for this trade, but not anymore. At this current level of play, I think Salmons is a lock to opt out. He's a better scorer and defender than Redick. I think we'd miss Salmons' ability to create.

That being said, Redick could be a great system player for Rose and I think he may be better than he's shown. I also think that Johnson could be a nice ten minute backup, and would allow us to explore the possibility of dumping Kirk.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
t-time
RealGM
And1: 1,794

Post#20 » by t-time » Tue Feb 2, 2010 9:41 am

I'd do this in a heartbeat. I'd also throw in James Johnson if Orlando are prepared to give us their draft pick / couple of second rounders..

Return to Chicago Bulls