Image ImageImage Image

OT: Getting some new B-ball shoes

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

DaBulls82
Head Coach
And1: 868

OT: Getting some new B-ball shoes 

Post#1 » by DaBulls82 » Wed Feb 3, 2010 6:39 pm

I've recently started playing basketball again. I haven't purchased new basketball shoes in over 7 years - basically since college. It is definitely time for a new pair. I'm wondering if there are any recommendations out there.

I play as a guard but rely on my leaping ability to make plays. The last two shoes I got were the Nike Air Flightposite - I found them to be light and comfortable while also providing a decent amount of support. I also had a pair of SHOX (sp?) that I didn't like too much.

I was thinking about getting the DR's shoe but am scared to go away from Nike. I've heard the new Kobe's are very light but I have an issue wearing anything linked to Kobe.

Requirements:
* Preferably lighter shoes.
* High tops
* No shoes that have zippers - I found they would come undone while I would play and it annoyed me.

Thanks in advance!
14 years is a nice run but it's time to end the Paxson era.

ImageImageImage
Wharton Alum 08
Sixth Man
And1: 335

Re: OT: Getting some new B-ball shoes 

Post#2 » by Wharton Alum 08 » Wed Feb 3, 2010 6:44 pm

DaBulls82 wrote:I've recently started playing basketball again. I haven't purchased new basketball shoes in over 7 years - basically since college. It is definitely time for a new pair. I'm wondering if there are any recommendations out there.

I play as a guard but rely on my leaping ability to make plays. The last two shoes I got were the Nike Air Flightposite - I found them to be light and comfortable while also providing a decent amount of support. I also had a pair of SHOX (sp?) that I didn't like too much.

I was thinking about getting the DR's shoe but am scared to go away from Nike. I've heard the new Kobe's are very light but I have an issue wearing anything linked to Kobe.

Requirements:
* Preferably lighter shoes.
* High tops
* No shoes that have zippers - I found they would come undone while I would play and it annoyed me.

Thanks in advance!

I play in these Hyperizes they're light and don't have zippers and they're real comfortable.

Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#3 » by Jvaughn » Wed Feb 3, 2010 6:47 pm

Dont play with the Nike Shox. Heaviest shoes I've ever played in. I'd reccommend a light weight pair of reeboks. And also never play in a pair of Shaq's shoes. I made that mistake about 6 years ago and tore some ligaments in my ankle. Cheapest shoes on earth.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
CO77XBulls
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by CO77XBulls » Wed Feb 3, 2010 6:52 pm

I play in Derrick Roses old addidas sneakers. They are so comfortable. They are also very cheap considering what Jordans are. I got them for christmas.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:13 ... icsDo=true

Hope that helps.
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#5 » by sdeezy » Wed Feb 3, 2010 6:56 pm

I use the Hyperizes and i recommend them. Very comfortable
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#6 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed Feb 3, 2010 6:59 pm

I usually play in flip flops.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,376

Post#7 » by DuckIII » Wed Feb 3, 2010 7:03 pm

If I were in the market for a pair of basketball shoes, there is only one shoe I would buy: Tim Duncan's Adidas "skeleton" shoes. They are the most ridiculously bad ass basketball shoes in the history of mankind.

Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#8 » by suckfish » Wed Feb 3, 2010 7:08 pm

Nike Hyperizes are nice, light, and very comfortable. They come in some nice colour ways too. As for the Kobe's, they are low cuts, although still quite light and comfortable. I'm like you though and prefer to stay away from low cuts.

I tend to wear older shoes. Mainly Jordan IV's and have had Jordan XI, X,V, III. Want a new pair of XI's, and am thinking about getting newly released Reebok Pumps.

The Hyperize are a solid choice though.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,135

Post#9 » by HomoSapien » Wed Feb 3, 2010 7:12 pm

I sport these.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Wharton Alum 08
Sixth Man
And1: 335

Post#10 » by Wharton Alum 08 » Wed Feb 3, 2010 7:13 pm

Agreed on the hyperize as a solid choice
I'm a huge fan of the IV's they're is a white and chrome pair that I played in for a while. My favorite Jordan though is probably the XII one of the newest colorways are real sweet, I will be in these after I finish up rehab on my knee. I'd played in my Hyperizes until I injured myself so I'll switch it up and see how my luck feels.

Cleanest shoe ever and real comfy they just run 150 but I also payed 125 for the hyperizes...
DaBulls82
Head Coach

Post#11 » by DaBulls82 » Wed Feb 3, 2010 7:22 pm

Are the Jordan's even functional? I.E. Jordan Retro 6 - beautiful shoes - reminds me of my childhood.

I'm going to go to the store today at lunch and try out the Hyperizes. Right now it's between them and the adidas TS Cut Creator.

ImageImageImage
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#12 » by suckfish » Wed Feb 3, 2010 7:25 pm

Never liked the XII. A lot of people claim that Jordan's are ugly, which I don't agree with completely, but there are only a bunch that I personally like.

Those are:

III
IV
V
X
XI

The rest I don't really care for. That said, the Jordan's I do like, I really really like. I have an unhealthy obsession with the IV's, and a slightly lesser obsession with the XI's and the III's, although not for balling in the III's. Those are not a good performance shoe.

I am pretty picky about basketball shoes though.
SephCast
Bench Warmer
And1: 95

Post#13 » by SephCast » Wed Feb 3, 2010 7:29 pm

With your requirements, I too say get the Hyperize's.

If you're looking for cheaper, get the previous model, the Hyperdunk.
ChicagoChris
Junior
And1: 20

Post#14 » by ChicagoChris » Wed Feb 3, 2010 7:54 pm

my advice is try on a large number of shoes before deciding. the variety has gotten pretty crazy and fit is the most important factor. One mans favorite is another mans trash.
myboyz33
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#15 » by myboyz33 » Wed Feb 3, 2010 7:56 pm

cowboy boots.... keeps your ankles in place and good for kicking shins ;-)
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#16 » by Jvaughn » Wed Feb 3, 2010 7:58 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Image

I sport these.

:rofl: What a homo.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
DaBulls82
Head Coach

Post#17 » by DaBulls82 » Wed Feb 3, 2010 8:05 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Image

I sport these.

Now I know why you're a fan of BG - ya'll are both midgets.

ImageImageImage
Sinistar6
Starter
And1: 125

Post#18 » by Sinistar6 » Wed Feb 3, 2010 8:11 pm

Make sure you look at eastbay's outlet sales. You can get some crazy deals.
Next time the cult's spaceship lands we'll all be wearing black Starburys.

-mcwelk
Grand Champ
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#19 » by Grand Champ » Wed Feb 3, 2010 8:29 pm

I bought a pair of these (Adidas TS cut creator) the day rose was named to the all star team (coincidence I swear)
but they are REALLY comfortable and don't look nearly as ugly on your feet as they do on the shelf and are great basketball shoes, they sorta form fit your foot and are well made PLUS you can support our guy Rose!

http://www.footlocker.com/catalog/produ ... gle-_-null
DaBulls82
Head Coach

Post#20 » by DaBulls82 » Wed Feb 3, 2010 10:39 pm

I ended up spending 2 hours trying on a bunch of shoes - in the end I got the Hyperize. I found them to fit the most comfortably. They are light and provide good support.

Here are the ones I got:

I'm playing ball in an hour and a half - weather is beautiful after 2 weeks of rain. :rock:

ImageImageImage

Return to Chicago Bulls