Image Image Image Image

Why is it illegal in Illinois 2 like both Cubs & White S

HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Why is it illegal in Illinois 2 like both Cubs & White S 

Post#1 » by HDMAVS760CA » Sun Jul 1, 2007 7:34 am

Is it because of the World Series nearly a century ago? What's the big deal? They play in different leagues. There should be no problem liking both. When I used 2 watch baseball in the past, I liked both Dodgers & Angels. No big deal there. There's no rivalry between them. I wondered this since the mid 90's cause when Ralph Lawler(Clippers announcer from Illinois) was asked what team he likes, he says Cubs & White Sox. He was told, YOU CAN'T LIKE BOTH! YOU GOTTA CHOOSE 1! But for some reason Donovan MC Nabb likes both Chicago teams & nobody says that to him. Its alright for him like both.

I see it like this. If the White Sox beats the Cardinals, Cubs fans should be happy. If the Cubs beat the Tigers, Twins or whoever White Sox fans consider their chief AL rival, the Sox fans should be happy. So anyone knows why this is considered illegal? Its illegal 2 like the Red Sox & the Tankees but ESPN loves both those teams anyway. And if the Tigers & Twins aren't the AL chief rival of the White Sox, then who is it?
natedog125
Junior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by natedog125 » Sun Jul 1, 2007 9:17 pm

I dont think The White Sox have 1 major rival. I think there are 4 teams with equal rivals. Indians, Twinkies and the Tiggers are obviously the main 3. As far as heated rivalrys for the Sox right now I think the Angels are right up there. Probably cause of the playoff run. Things always seem to happen when we play them.

As far as the Sox/Cubs thing? Honestly I watch the Cubs if there is no Sox game on. I also like the Rockies. Sox are my number 1 priority but yea ill watch for them. If the Cubs made the playoffs I would root for them for the city of Chicago. That where I grew up.

Now whenever the Sox/Cubs play each other. I hate the Cubs.
Boston's Future
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by Boston's Future » Thu Jul 5, 2007 3:37 pm

Is it kind of weird for people in Chicago to be buddies and root for the Bears, Bulls and Blackhawks, and then hate each others guts over baseball because one friend likes the Cubs and the other likes the White Sox?
philip_ttime24
Banned User

Post#4 » by philip_ttime24 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:25 am

i like both teams
KILL ME!!
Howling Mad
General Manager
And1: 585

Post#5 » by Howling Mad » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:16 am

There is nothing wrong with liking both teams. Many people just root for Chicago in general.

of course those people aren't real fans. lol.

Where is the bandwagon this year? Geez it seems like everybody has jumped off.

Are you letting Cub fans on to hijack the bus?
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#6 » by 2poor » Thu Aug 2, 2007 10:55 pm

I just posted this to bump BULL even PAX's name off. Lets see if I can hold the position for almost 2 weeks like he has so valiantly done.

:thumbsup:
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#7 » by Cliff Levingston » Fri Aug 3, 2007 8:07 pm

2poor wrote:I just posted this to bump BULL even PAX's name off. Lets see if I can hold the position for almost 2 weeks like he has so valiantly done.

:thumbsup:

You can't. :)
NoSkyy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#8 » by NoSkyy » Sat Aug 4, 2007 7:28 am

Cliff Levingston wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You can't. :)

Neither can you! :D
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#9 » by Posey H8er » Sat Aug 4, 2007 11:37 pm

NoSkyy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Neither can you! :D
Or you
8)
Howling Mad
General Manager

Post#10 » by Howling Mad » Tue Aug 7, 2007 12:47 pm

I was going to do the same thing, but I knew the second I said something like 2poor did a flurry of posts would come. I actually thought it would be a sox fan though and not Cub fans just mocking the entire idea of my post lasting two weeks.

Well now there is some news with the Sox sweeping the Tigers and the Tejada rumors.

At this point the bandwagon is completely empty and no one is left to drive it. Even if you jump on your going nowhere.

LOL. Silly Sox fans, no world series, no playoffs, no fans, no fair weather, no support.

Seriously, this board isn't the mecca of White Sox forums or anything but for my post to last two weeks and then the only posts to arise after mine are just mocking each other... Hilarious.

Proves to me there is no Sox fan base, just fair weather fans.
Howling Mad
General Manager

Post#11 » by Howling Mad » Tue Aug 7, 2007 12:58 pm

Since we've managed to completely high jack this thread, and we're on the subject of fair weather fans...

How the heck does the Brewers board have the most posts?

The Cubs board has passed up the Yankees board, which is not astonishing, but the Brewers. I understand Yankee fans being fair weather. Unless your from NY or some how affiliated with NY, then on most occasions your not a true fan.

I'm from NY and I hate the Yanks, I also hate people who wear Yankees hats unless your from NY or a really big fan. Put down the baseball cap don't wear it just because its a fashion statement. Then name me ten players on the team.

The Brewers board more than the Cubs board... talk about fair weather. Where were all of you the last 30 years when the Brewers sucked.
GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 358

Post#12 » by GYBE » Tue Aug 7, 2007 3:57 pm

BULL even PAX wrote:The Brewers board more than the Cubs board... talk about fair weather. Where were all of you the last 30 years when the Brewers sucked.

Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet!

And I vote we use the White Sox board as a Cubs OT board.

8)
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#13 » by Gordon Bombay » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:04 am

GYBE wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet!

And I vote we use the White Sox board as a Cubs OT board.

8)

agreed
HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Post#14 » by HDMAVS760CA » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:18 am

BULL even PAX wrote:Since we've managed to completely high jack this thread, and we're on the subject of fair weather fans...

How the heck does the Brewers board have the most posts?

The Cubs board has passed up the Yankees board, which is not astonishing, but the Brewers. I understand Yankee fans being fair weather. Unless your from NY or some how affiliated with NY, then on most occasions your not a true fan.

I'm from NY and I hate the Yanks, I also hate people who wear Yankees hats unless your from NY or a really big fan. Put down the baseball cap don't wear it just because its a fashion statement. Then name me ten players on the team.

The Brewers board more than the Cubs board... talk about fair weather. Where were all of you the last 30 years when the Brewers sucked.

They had terrible uniforms since late 80's. And terrible ownership. Brewers finally got good ownership. Shoot, I remember an ECW event in the late 90's where the announcers saying Milwaukee, home of the Brewers & the fans BOOED! It took saying the Badgers 2 get cheers.

I hear you on the Yanks, i'd suggest not 2 come 2 the Inland Empire, especially Ontario. All the MLB gear you'd mainly see is them & not the Dodgers. Not a darn good looking fashion statement either. Except for 2 or 3 colored caps i've seen for them. They should be called the Baltimore, Ontario, Minnesota, Southern California, San Diego Yankees of New York.
ReggieTheus
Analyst

Post#15 » by ReggieTheus » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:52 pm

I Am A Witness wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

agreed

You know all the bad karma that some of you Cubs fans put out may be the reason why crazy bad stuff happens to your beloved team in the post-season. Like when the Sox won it all, all you guys did was spew hate.

You got the media up your butt, even when we won the World Series, it was always about the CUBS, and all the national and international attention, you guys are having a FANTASTIC SEASON, yet you still come over here to troll and spew hate.

We aren't fair weather fans, you know statisitcly many sox fans are lower incomes, I am, so maybe they are working at their jobs and don't have the time, or they don't have the cushy office job that allows them to play on the internet all day.

Or maybe they are like me, and were too busy fighting Cancer, or have other family or personal obligations taking up their time.

Maybe we just don't have anything to talk about, maybe it gets old talking about how bad the team you love sucks.

I have nothing against the Cubs or some of their fans (unless they play the sox) most of my friends are Cubs fans actually, I just can't stand the overly obnoxious ones that have to always put down the Sox, not even in the playful sporting way, but a serious way like people argue over a topic like abortion.

So go ahead go to the MORTEN SALT plant and get some more salt to throw in our wounds if that makes you feel like a man.

I'm not complaining, I'm just standing up for my fellow fans.

So go ahead post your recipes and whatever OT nonsense you want.

Ok I'm getting off the soap box.
NLK
Head Coach
And1: 9
Location: CHICAGO is a big market with many Rings! Eat S#%T New York!

Post#16 » by NLK » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:08 pm

I'm a fan of both. Oh well. I love Chicago! Just bring a major championship to the city, so I can fly out there for the parties! :)
-NLK: Offending Djiboutians since November 2007
"You don't truly know someone, until you fight them."
"To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very essence that makes us human."
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,143

Post#17 » by CjayC » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:01 pm

BULL even PAX wrote:I was going to do the same thing, but I knew the second I said something like 2poor did a flurry of posts would come. I actually thought it would be a sox fan though and not Cub fans just mocking the entire idea of my post lasting two weeks.

Well now there is some news with the Sox sweeping the Tigers and the Tejada rumors.

At this point the bandwagon is completely empty and no one is left to drive it. Even if you jump on your going nowhere.

LOL. Silly Sox fans, no world series, no playoffs, no fans, no fair weather, no support.

Seriously, this board isn't the mecca of White Sox forums or anything but for my post to last two weeks and then the only posts to arise after mine are just mocking each other... Hilarious.

Proves to me there is no Sox fan base, just fair weather fans.

:crazy:

1)Go over to the Official Sox forums if you want to see a lot of Whitesox fans.You can see that clearly the Cubs forums is more populous,meaning that many of the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Bears fans that populate RealGM are Cubs fans

2)Unless you have been living under a rock the Cubs have always been the draw of the two baseball teams.

3)What would this make the majority of fans at Wrigley?The World's biggest beach side party.A Cubs fan talking about fair weather fans?Pfffhhhhhh.

You just have nothing better to do other than bash Whitesox fans clearly.

I hope you enjoy 100 more years without winning a World Series.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#18 » by SportsWorld » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:14 pm

The Cubs have a ton of pretty big forums. One over at NSBB which has over 1,000,000 posts. One at Pro Sports Daily which has a ton of posts. A blog called Bleed Cubbie Blue which has over 1,500 posts a day. And over here at RealGM we have just about 30,000 posts.

The White Sox have White Sox Interactive which is one of the bigger forums on the web. Not as big as NSBB but still pretty big. I think there is another pretty big White Sox forum but I can't think of it right now.
Howling Mad
General Manager

Post#19 » by Howling Mad » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:08 am

CjayC wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:crazy:

1)Go over to the Official Sox forums if you want to see a lot of Whitesox fans.You can see that clearly the Cubs forums is more populous,meaning that many of the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Bears fans that populate RealGM are Cubs fans

2)Unless you have been living under a rock the Cubs have always been the draw of the two baseball teams.

3)What would this make the majority of fans at Wrigley?The World's biggest beach side party.A Cubs fan talking about fair weather fans?Pfffhhhhhh.

You just have nothing better to do other than bash Whitesox fans clearly.

I hope you enjoy 100 more years without winning a World Series.

I'd love to argue with you, but I think your a little late to the party.

That post was from Aug 7th of 2007. Coincidently you happen to respond after the White Sox come strong out of the gate in 2008.

Need I say more?
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#20 » by Cliff Levingston » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Cliff Levingston is a Sox fan but doesn't cheer against the Cubs. Cliff Levingston would love to see the Cubs win every game they play against teams other than the White Sox.

It's all about Chi-town baby.

Return to Chicago White Sox