Image Image Image Image

Wise out Pods in

Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Wise out Pods in 

Post#1 » by Shootdabull » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:03 pm

After a slow start Dewayne Wise was in the grove the last few games. A diving catch against the tigers will cost him at least six weeks on the disabled list with a separated right shoulder. In comes Scott Podsednik who agreed to terms on a minor league contract. I have not been following Pods but if Colorado cut him he still must really be struggling. I’m not anticipating much from this signing, but hey a minor contract can’t hurt to check him out. Pods could challenge Owens & or Anderson as Wise’s replacement. Whoever gets the nod one thing we can be sure of is that they will struggle at the plate
Postbro1
Lead Assistant
And1: 20

Re: Wise out Pods in 

Post#2 » by Postbro1 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:46 am

Pods is back with the Southside Hitmen? *wishing for a return to that magical season*
Superior nadsmanship since 31 May 2001
cold5
Veteran
And1: 115

Post#3 » by cold5 » Mon May 4, 2009 1:28 am

Wow. Brian Anderson just got placed on DL. Don't mean to say this but you guys probably have the least offensively- productive CF in the league of Podsednik/Lillibridge. All they can do is steal bases. Lillibridge already made an error in his first game in CF. Feel sorry for you guys. Why wouldn't Kenny Williams make an acquisition in CF?
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#4 » by Shootdabull » Wed May 13, 2009 6:19 pm

What I found interesting - Podsednik/Lillibridge: Batting ave .241/159 OBP .258/.254. Pods needs to learn how to draw a walk.

We've gone from below average to bad.

I think Kenny blew it two years ago when they didn't shell out enough $$ for hunter.

On the positive note we are only two games out of first - hope Carlos comes back soon.

Return to Chicago White Sox