April 23-24, Minnesota Twins series 

Post#1 » by LoveThemCavs » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:59 am

Image at Image

Where: Metrodome in Minneapolis, MN

Dimensions: Image

Monday, April 23
Jeremy Sowers, LHP (0-1, 5.17) vs Carlos Silva, RHP (1-1, 2.00) 8:10pm

Scouting Report:
Indians: Sowers' third outing of the season was an uncharacteristic clunker. He was chased out of the game by the end of the third inning, a victim of an attack by a potent Yankees lineup. His command wasn't what it could or should be, but Sowers also made some good pitches that the Yanks found ways to get the lumber on. In all, he served up six runs on nine hits with a walk and a strikeout in 2 2/3 innings. Sowers usually does a good job of making adjustments within a start when he finds early trouble, but that wasn't the case in this one.

Twins: Silva's strong start to the year has been better than anyone in the Twins organization could have imagined. There had been hope the right-hander could turn things around after a rough '06 season, but Silva has been one of the team's most consistent and productive starters. The next test will come at the Metrodome against the Indians, against whom Silva holds a career 4-3 record with a 4.87 ERA in 13 appearances.

Tuesday, April 24
Fausto Carmona, RHP (0-1, 6.97) vs Johan Santana, LHP (3-1, 3.00) 8:10pm

Scouting Report:
Indians: Carmona's time in the Tribe's rotation is down to a precious few days, as Cliff Lee is expected to return to the rotation soon, perhaps by the end of the month. But after a rough first start of the season, Carmona gave the Indians some reason to believe in his potential with a solid start against the Yankees on Thursday. He went six innings, holding a potent lineup to a pair of runs on six hits with a walk and two strikeouts.

Twins: The Twins' ace recovered from his first loss at home since August 2005 to pick up his third win in four starts this season. But no matter the result of the game, it seems like the pitcher always gives the club a quality outing and a chance to win despite how the offense produces. Santana has pitched at least five innings in 95 straight starts dating back to May 29, 2004. Next up will be a chance for Santana to start a new winning streak at the Metrodome as he faces the Indians. Santana is 7-2 with a 3.09 ERA against Cleveland in his career.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,363

Post#2 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:37 am

Twins fan here. I don't know where I was all offseason, but I didn't know until now that you guys signed Nixon.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#3 » by B Mac » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:15 am

Is say Nixon has been a pleasent surprise so far. I personally didnt expect much from him this season, and he's a player that plays his heart out every game.

Hafner is LOCKED IN. Too bad the bottom of the order couldnt get a hit if their lifes depended on it.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#4 » by B Mac » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:18 am

Big win tonight over Santana. L&H youre boy Carmona pitched a heck of a game as well. ;)

Hafner had another bomb tonight. (This guys pretty good)

A sweep is a sweep whether its 2 games or 4 right?

Return to Cleveland Indians