ImageImageImageImage

Matt Holliday is the MVP - period

MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Matt Holliday is the MVP - period 

Post#1 » by MHZ » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:25 pm

There's no way you can argue with the numbers, the only argument that's even halfway legitimate (and I don't really consider it altogether that legitimate) is that his team isn't going to make the playoffs barring a miracle. Considering Holliday has hit 11 HR's in his last 12 games, and kept his team in contention as much as a single position player can, there's no arguing that he's the most valuable to his team.

I know somebody else is going to win, but leading the league in two of the three Triple Crown categories, and fourth in the other (which is the least important, by the way), is MVP worthy. I'll take the RBI leader over the HR leader any day of the week.
mutumba
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#2 » by mutumba » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:32 pm

damn straight. without holliday this year, we wouldn't even be close to contention. its gonna be a shame when some chump like prince fielder win the mvp just because he's leading the NL in homeruns and his team makes the playoffs.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,280

Post#3 » by RRFB » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:51 am

If he played up East this wouldn't even be a question. But if we can pull this off and the make the playoffs, I think he'll win it.
milehigh
Analyst
And1: 13

Post#4 » by milehigh » Mon Oct 1, 2007 4:20 pm

RRFB wrote:If he played up East this wouldn't even be a question. But if we can pull this off and the make the playoffs, I think he'll win it.

Sad but so true.

ESPN was refusing to cover the Rockies until the streak got to 11 and that is just a joke, if a New York team wins 5 in a row they probably dedicate a baseball tonight to it.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,294

Post#5 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Oct 2, 2007 4:41 am

RRFB wrote:If he played up East this wouldn't even be a question. But if we can pull this off and the make the playoffs, I think he'll win it.

Holliday should win the MVP and now that they've made the playoffs, he will win it. Otherwise, I believe Jimmy Rollins would have.

The only other choices were David Wright and my Brewers' Prince Fielder. But considering the Mets epic collapse and the Brewers less-than-epic collapse, I don't think you can give it to either of them over someone with comparably productive numbers like Holliday.

So I think you'll get your MVP in Matt Holliday.
Troy Tulowitzki is going to come up short for ROY though. He might have won it in most years, but unfortunately for him, he was competing for the award with Ryan Braun and Braun's offensive numbers are just ridiculous for a rookie. That clutch hit tonight might get Troy an extra vote or two though. But I expect him to finish second. A strong second though.

I've decided to root for the Rockies to represent the National League in the World Series, so good luck!
I don't think they have a chance against any of the AL teams (and other than the Yankees, I will root for the other 3 AL teams over the Rockies) but you never know!
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
milehigh
Analyst
And1: 13

Post#6 » by milehigh » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:16 am

If he doesn't get it now it's just robbery.

Return to Colorado Rockies