Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Re: 2019 Los Angeles Dodgers Regular Season Thread 

Post#121 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Aug 1, 2018 4:29 am

OFFENSE.

WHERE ART THOU?

GTFO!!!11
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#122 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Aug 5, 2018 6:33 am

14-0 to the Astros at home.

So settling to lose game 7 to them last year and for them to come in our house and whip our ass again.

They would sweep us...easily if we met in the WS.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,248

Post#123 » by Kilroy » Sun Aug 5, 2018 6:41 am

Yeah, tough couple games for the Ol' World series hopes... We get a player like Machado, and it still feels like we're not as good this season...
Here's hoping we're just pacing ourselves.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#124 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Aug 6, 2018 12:28 pm

Walker Buehler makes me proud to be a Dodger fan.

I thought yesterday was a big spot for our regular season.
He stepped up and delivered.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#125 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Aug 7, 2018 12:59 am

Corey Seager now having hip surgery.

Smfh.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Seager Out Until January 

Post#126 » by Ranma » Tue Aug 7, 2018 9:02 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#127 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:34 am

I have asked for the DOdgers to move on from Pedro Baez for 3 seasons now.

I have not made any qualifications about it. I haven't asked for us to trade him when his value is highest. I have wanted him literally just off the roster because I think we can fill in his spot with someone better just by simply looking elsewhere.

We refuse to do it. We continue to work with this guy as if there is some corner he is going to turn.....as if there is some dividend he's going to pay us when it is all said and done. He's a 30 year old reliever who still doesn't get it.

Stop trying to get blood from this turnip.

GTFO.

Thank God the team saved his ass tonight.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#128 » by Kilroy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Is Baez one of those stat-geek love-affair players? I honestly haven't paid too much attention to his stats because I kept thinking he was a passing fancy and the FO would eventually wake up and move on from him...

On another note... Last season we were loaded with pitching talent on paper, and our offense was a little shaky going into the post season... But it was our pitching that came up short (and maybe Mgr decisions with pitching.)
So what did we do?... We let pitching talent walk and went after offense...
Now our ace and closer are another year older and banged up... And we really don't have any go-to pitchers...

I feel like we got money-balled...
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#129 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Kilroy wrote:Is Baez one of those stat-geek love-affair players? I honestly haven't paid too much attention to his stats because I kept thinking he was a passing fancy and the FO would eventually wake up and move on from him...

On another note... Last season we were loaded with pitching talent on paper, and our offense was a little shaky going into the post season... But it was our pitching that came up short (and maybe Mgr decisions with pitching.)
Now our ace and closer are another year older and banged up... And we really don't have any go-to pitchers...

I think the overall approach is to not get tied down to bullpen contracts ala Brandon League. The arms burn out/ get figured out/ don't last (whatever). This is why we've seen Blanton have an awesome year, then leave. This is why we've seen Morrow have an awesome year, then leave.

Last year, we just got lucky. Who expected Brandon Morrow to be the best 2nd closer Kenley has ever had since Brian Wilson's obviously juiced/HGH'd 2013? He was nails. You add the Tony Watson trade and I think we had the best pen in the game....yeah, I think it was better than NYY's. I wanted to bring Morrow back. I saw him as more of a transcendant talent that's going to last for 2-4 more years than a 1 year and burn out guy like Joe Blanton.

This year they wanted TOm Koehler to come in and fill that role but you can almost never ask for the type of pen we made on the fly in 2017. It's an unfair standard to reach. We'll be much more regularly the 2015 or 2016 pens that are just pretty good. I can live with that because: 1) I don't want to get tied down to crappy Brandon League like contracts or even the Mark Melancon type closers you pay for that don't pan out (imagine if roster construction was as simple as buying the players who have played well before...lol); and 2) I never want to be caught in a situation like 2014 where we were caught, pants down in a playoff series with no bullpen and Don Mattingly literally trusted Peyton Kershaw, Zack Greinke, and Kenley Jansen.

lol, Baez gave up a bomb in the 2014 DS too.
We've really gotta get this man off scholarship.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#130 » by Kilroy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Is Baez one of those stat-geek love-affair players? I honestly haven't paid too much attention to his stats because I kept thinking he was a passing fancy and the FO would eventually wake up and move on from him...

I think the overall approach is to not get tied down to bullpen contracts ala Brandon League. The arms burn out/ get figured out/ don't last (whatever). This is why we've seen Blanton have an awesome year, then leave. This is why we've seen Morrow have an awesome year, then leave.

Last year, we just got lucky. Who expected Brandon Morrow to be the best 2nd closer Kenley has ever had since Brian Wilson's obviously juiced/HGH'd 2013? He was nails. You add the Tony Watson trade and I think we had the best pen in the game....yeah, I think it was better than NYY's. I wanted to bring Morrow back. I saw him as more of a transcendant talent that's going to last for 2-4 more years than a 1 year and burn out guy like Joe Blanton.

This year they wanted TOm Koehler to come in and fill that role but you can almost never ask for the type of pen we made on the fly in 2017. It's an unfair standard to reach. We'll be much more regularly the 2015 or 2016 pens that are just pretty good. I can live with that because: 1) I don't want to get tied down to crappy Brandon League like contracts or even the Mark Melancon type closers you pay for that don't pan out (imagine if roster construction was as simple as buying the players who have played well before...lol); and 2) I never want to be caught in a situation like 2014 where we were caught, pants down in a playoff series with no bullpen and Don Mattingly literally trusted Peyton Kershaw, Zack Greinke, and Kenley Jansen.

lol, Baez gave up a bomb in the 2014 DS too.
We've really gotta get this man off scholarship.

Yeah, I wanted Morrow back too... He looked like a guy who'd finally found a situation/role he was comfortable with and could flourish. But who knows what those negotiations were like...

We really need Kershaw to become unhittable again if we want to have a shot at making the Machado trade worth anything more than a diversion. And we need Jansen to be him like 2 years ago... Neither of those things seems incredibly likely...
Which makes me wonder what the plan is for this team going forward, and which is why I've had a hard time getting engaged this season even with the Machado trade.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#131 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:00 am

Chargois to get Arenado in the bottom of the 9th.

Can't thro strikes. Hits Arenado.
He will be left in this game.

Cross your fingers and pray for a lucky grounder right at an infielder.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#132 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:07 am

Pieces of chit wasted the best start of young Walker Buehler's career.

I'd like to say unbelievable but you could look at my previous post and see that it is totally **** believable.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#133 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:08 pm

My guess is this Jansen injury will force the FO to make a win now waiver claim for a bullpen arm....

LIke I've been suggesting they do if they are in win now mode.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#134 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:58 am

Quake Griffin wrote:My guess is this Jansen injury will force the FO to make a win now waiver claim for a bullpen arm....

LIke I've been suggesting they do if they are in win now mode.

Literally didn't need math, algorithms, fip, or xFIP to see this.

Guess we needed an irregular heart beat though.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Roberts Continuing to Show His "Genius" 

Post#135 » by Ranma » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:04 am

Good grief! Muncy is an absolute disaster in the field. You can't even hide him at 1B without risking damage and we have a Gold-Glove-caliber first baseman playing the outfield instead.

I also don't give a flying eff if Jansen has been unavailable. Our bullpen should be able to hold late-inning leads without choking in 4 straight games. You think Brandon Morrow would have helped this season even with his stints on the DL?
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#136 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:50 am

First time I can say that I'm truly disappointed in our front office.

There's been other times where I've disagreed but understood their thinking....

Today? I don't get them.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#137 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:26 am

LOL at this mini-fight/ brawl.

Hopefully this sparks a 10 game winning streak.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#138 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:22 am

Unbelievable
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#139 » by Kilroy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Manny "I hit Dingers" Machado.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#140 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:47 am

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers