Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,248

Re: The 2017 Dodgers WORLD SERIES!!! Thread 

Post#3241 » by Kilroy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:23 am

ken6199 wrote:
Neddy wrote:and I aint congratulating nobody. F them. F the bigot and F his friends. I will never, ever, give any mofo-ing credit or respect to the team that supports a racist. F U Ass Trolls!

Relax, just a game.

At the same time, he's a Dodger fan and understandably upset... The last thing he, or this board needs are Houston fans coming to tell him he's out of line... Tread lightly.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#3242 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:27 am

Miss the days when you could hate the Phillies or Cards for spoiling your October plans.

Nowadays, you just look around and hate your manager, roster, the chokes, etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#3243 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:29 am

I dont hate celebrations.
I dont hate Carlos Correa.

But he is corny to me.

“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#3244 » by Kilroy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:30 am

milesfides wrote:Springer carried them. So consistent. We didn’t have that guy. He had a historic series. So confident.

We have a some young guys. So talented but lacked tha experience.

We have multiple guys like that... Springer looked like a lost puppy in GM 1.
But if Springer's starter had let them go down by 5 in the 2nd, I promise you he wouldn't have done a whole lot better...
This one's on Dave and Yu... Yu choked spectacularly in 2 WS games, and Dave let him dig an insurmountable hole in the 2nd inning of a gm 7...
He also over worked Morrow and Jansen, with his stupid 6 out save game plan... He also let guys swing away at first pitches when what we needed more than anything were multiple pitch ABs...
There were a lot of little things Dave did that made it really hard for us. He did a lot of good, but I'm starting to think more than anyone else... Other than maybe Yu... Dave deserves the blame.

I like Dave Roberts, but I look at this roster and I wonder if the one change that needs to happen more than any other, is a GM Change...
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#3245 » by ken6199 » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:30 am

Kilroy wrote:
ken6199 wrote:
Neddy wrote:and I aint congratulating nobody. F them. F the bigot and F his friends. I will never, ever, give any mofo-ing credit or respect to the team that supports a racist. F U Ass Trolls!

Relax, just a game.

At the same time, he's a Dodger fan and understandably upset... The last thing he, or this board needs are Houston fans coming to tell him he's out of line... Tread lightly.

Wasn't trying to come off the wrong way. Actually I was just trying to help to make him feel better. Typed a bunch of stuff about thinking about the people suffer from Harvey and see this as a reward to those guys (again, in good attention trying to make him feel better).

Not a huge baseball fan anyway, just came here to see what are the reactions. He is upset and understandably so.

Peace out.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#3246 » by Kilroy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:33 am

ken6199 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
ken6199 wrote:Relax, just a game.

Wasn't trying to come off the wrong way. Actually I was just trying to help to make him feel better. Typed a bunch of stuff about thinking about the people suffer from Harvey and see this as a reward to those guys (again, in good attention trying to make him feel better).

Not a huge baseball fan anyway, just came here to see what are the reactions. He is upset and understandably so.

Peace out.

Can see that, but I hope your can understand how it could be misconstrued... Hope you at least get some good parties in Hou, out of it, assuming that's where you are...
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#3247 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:33 am

ken6199 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
ken6199 wrote:Relax, just a game.

Peace out.

no you ain't making me feel better one bit.

and I didn't say a word about Houston and its hurricane victims. in fact, go back to my past posts, i have stated repeatedly of my condolences of the unfortunate situation of the Houstonians. this was strictly about baseball.

so stop. just stop.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#3248 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:34 am

Lmfao!

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#3249 » by Kilroy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:35 am

Neddy wrote:
ken6199 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Peace out.

no you ain't making me feel better one bit.

Yeah, well, he said he was sorry... Leave it now... And for the record... Neither do I.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3250 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:36 am

a piece of me died tonight.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3251 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:37 am

like I said before, see ya'll in off season thread. soon.

goodnight fellas. I think some of my patients tomorrow may call late cancellation knowing what kind of mood I might possibly be in....
ehhhhh f it.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#3252 » by ken6199 » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:40 am

Neddy wrote:no you ain't making me feel better one bit.

and I didn't say a word about Houston and its hurricane victims. in fact, go back to my past posts, i have stated repeatedly of my condolences of the unfortunate situation of the Houstonians. this was strictly about baseball.

so stop. just stop.

I said I typed those Harvey stuff in an original attempt to help, seeing you super upset. Decided to remove them as they weren't necessary and irrelevant.

My first post obviously came off the wrong way - my bad. Wasn't trying to bait or anything. Matter of fact, I only went to the general board and somehow clicked some link and it took me here without realizing it. Thought I was still in the general board:(

That's just sports, always a winner and loser. Good to see LAL/LAC fans united and talk about ball games together. Not often we see that on basketball boards.

Anyway, have a good night.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3253 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:48 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:So be it.

We literally lost this series because of 3 blowup starts by frail October pitchers.

Think about that.
3 out if their 4 wins are from 2 frail October pitchers with blow up starts.

They almost didn’t even earn the **** when you think of it that way,

Im tired of heartache. If I have to take a dip and miss the postseason (not get my heart broken) in order to get my ring, fine.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

then like I said before on trade thread, package Kershaw with Gonzo and Grandal and get some real value back while lowering our payroll, and sign Otani for some whatever the under the table deal to assure our rotation. Urias and Buehler should be ready too.

Yes.

I’m not riding with Kershaw until the wheels fall off. IDGAF about him finishing his career here. He hasn’t brought me anything but heartache. Anything but another opportunity to give my Giant fan friends excuses for why the job was not complete.

On to year 30.
Brb, 98% of the fan base still gonna be starry eyed and say they’d rather try to win with this fraud than do what we know we have to do.

Edit:
And I mean trade him this winter...not wait until he is FA n let him walk. Trade. Now.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

didn't see your post until my blood pressure came down by 50 points.

we should start discussing what the best possible deals we can have as soon as we recover.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Aftermath of Devastation 

Post#3254 » by Ranma » Thu Nov 2, 2017 5:00 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Bad Management But Excellent Front Office 

Post#3255 » by Ranma » Thu Nov 2, 2017 5:26 am

Kilroy wrote:I like Dave Roberts, but I look at this roster and I wonder if the one change that needs to happen more than any other, is a GM Change...

I +1'd your post because I agree with almost everything you said, but I want to make sure you meant managerial change instead of GM change. The front office cannot be faulted for the moves it made outside of maybe campaigning for the likes of Pedro Baez and not taking bullets away from Roberts to keep him from shooting himself in the foot.

I actually mentioned previously either in this thread or another one ("Around the MLB"?) that I considered Dave Martinez to be Dave Roberts's replacement. I favored Martinez early when Mattingly was fired and he's a great hire for the Nationals. Martinez sounds a lot like A.J. Hinch, who is well-versed in analytics but won't ignore employing the feel of the game in his game calling.

He also let guys swing away at first pitches when what we needed more than anything were multiple pitch ABs...

The only part I have to possibly defend Roberts on is the players' over-aggressive swings. Even as I was critical of Roberts for this myself before, I've heard him preaching to his players to continue to be patient at the plate and aggressively jumping on pitches in the zone. The failures of Bellinger, Seager, and Turner rests on those players themselves.

I will, however, continue to question why Bellinger wasn't moved down in the order to emphasize his message since Roberts continually praised him and stated that he believed in him and his approach. Likewise, I wonder why Turner and Seager didn't swap spots in the order since Turner was killing it in the #2 hole in the lineup, but given JT's recent struggles, even that may not have helped him. You never know, though.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM

Re: Bad Management But Excellent Front Office 

Post#3256 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 5:38 am

Ranma wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I like Dave Roberts, but I look at this roster and I wonder if the one change that needs to happen more than any other, is a GM Change...

I +1'd your post because I agree with everything you said, but I want to make sure you meant managerial change instead of GM change. The front office cannot be faulted for the moves it made outside of maybe campaigning for the likes of Pedro Baez and not taking bullets away from Roberts to keep him from shooting himself in the foot.

I actually mentioned previously either in this thread or another one ("Around the MLB"?) that I considered Dave Martinez to be Dave Roberts's replacement. I favored Martinez early when Mattingly was fired and he's a great hire for the Nationals. Martinez sounds a lot like A.J. Hinch, who is well-versed in analytics but won't ignore employing the feel of the game in his game calling.

other than leaving Ryu off of the playoff roster, the FO did a wonderful job putting together the best team in major leagues, at least during the regular season.

Dave made two good moves, and made 6 terrible moves. this is just in game 7.

for anyone who wants to go into the individual moves, I will, but I have no energy to do so willingly as I need to be at my office by 7 PM.

maybe it is just me, but I feel like Dave favored certain players over others regardless of the analytics.
ehhhhh f it.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Re: Bad Management But Excellent Front Office 

Post#3257 » by Kilroy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 5:39 am

Ranma wrote:

I +1'd your post because I agree with almost everything you said, but I want to make sure you meant managerial change instead of GM change. The front office cannot be faulted for the moves it made outside of maybe campaigning for the likes of Pedro Baez and not taking bullets away from Roberts to keep him from shooting himself in the foot.

He also let guys swing away at first pitches when what we needed more than anything were multiple pitch ABs...

The only part I have to possibly defend Roberts on is the players' over-aggressive swings. Even as I was critical of Roberts for this myself before, I've heard him preaching to his players to continue to be patient at the plate and aggressively jumping on pitches in the zone. The failures of Bellinger, Seager, and Turner rests on those players themselves.

I will, however, continue to question why Bellinger wasn't moved down in the order to emphasize his message since Roberts continually praised him and stated that he believed in him and his approach. Likewise, I wonder why Turner and Seager didn't swap spots in the order since Turner was killing it in the #2 hole in the lineup, but given JT's recent struggles, even that may not have helped him. You never know, though.

Yeah, I meant Manager... Thanks

Damn, this just keeps sinking in and getting worse.
I sure hope we can get back here again next year, but it seems unlikely.
Ranma
RealGM

Proving My Point 

Post#3258 » by Ranma » Thu Nov 2, 2017 5:43 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3259 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 6:02 am

Neddy wrote:I was born in 1975, grew up on baseball since like, 8 years old. baseball is my religion. I was only 13 when the dodgers won the last WS. I have the freaking go dodgers logo on my office sign. dodgers is what my sport and entertainment world revolves around. I sponsored my son's little league teams for their entire financial needs for 3 years because they named my son's team the dodgers. for many of you it is a game. for me it is a religion.

2018. we will come back here.

I am gonna hit the sac.

just wanted repost this.
ehhhhh f it.
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#3260 » by crazytown » Thu Nov 2, 2017 8:12 am

Batting avg with RISP has to be fixed. This has been going on for YEARS. If there's one constant it's that this team is consistently one of the worst teams w/ RISP

PS: The ROTY for both leagues are strikeout machines and came up small in the biggest stage :banghead:

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers