Kershaw Injured (Recovered) 

Post#1 » by Ranma » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:03 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Re: 2017 REGULAR SEASON LA Dodgers & international 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:40 am

I like Grandal starting for now. I like Barnes taking over when we get compensatory picks for Grandal at the end of next year (2019?).

McCarthy to the DL as well.
Smfh.

This makes me feel pressured to pull the trigger on Yu. I wonder if F&Z feel the same.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#3 » by Neddy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:08 am

Quake Griffin wrote:I like Grandal starting for now. I like Barnes taking over when we get compensatory picks for Grandal at the end of next year (2019?).

Smfh.

This makes me feel pressured to pull the trigger on Yu. I wonder if F&Z feel the same.

at this point tho, Grandal is still the better catcher. I just hope to give Austin more starts next year by combining his backup catcher innings along with playing the second base, to give him 300 ABs at least. he is at 118 abs this season so far.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Re: Ace Grounded 

Post#4 » by Neddy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:09 am

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

man, if he has to go to DL, this is a bit more serious than I thought.

but then again, we still have 10 game lead in NLW while leading the entire baseball.

Yu, Reed, and Blevins please.
ehhhhh f it.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#5 » by TKainZero » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:43 am

Neddy wrote:
TKainZero wrote:Kershaw left the game early. Uh oh

seems more cautionary than an actual injury, unless his back is having another herniated disk issues.

I know you don't get the games in LA, so Kershaw mowed down the first 5 hitters, then on the 6th hitter, he bounced a curve, then didn't look like he was throwing with a full effort for the pitch right after, which prompted Dave to take out a trainer to the mound, had Kershaw pitch a couple of practice pitches. Dave and Clayton exchanged some words, and Dave went back in. Clayton actually finished the inning, then was replaced when his at bat came up. looked to me if it was serious, Dave would have taken Clay out of the game immediately and not let him finish the inning. 10.5 game lead can afford you this luxury.

I'm actually in Florida right now... but still can't see 99% of the games

It just sucks to see kershaw go down, even for a single start
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,254

Re: Kershaw Injured 

Post#6 » by Kilroy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:51 am

This seems like big enough news it deserved it's own thread... Let's hope he's back strong for the post season at the least.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Neddy
RealGM

Post#7 » by Neddy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:28 am

Kilroy wrote:This seems like big enough news it deserved it's own thread... Let's hope he's back strong for the post season at the least.

good to know you are still with us, brother!
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#8 » by Neddy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:33 am

Quake Griffin wrote:I like Grandal starting for now. I like Barnes taking over when we get compensatory picks for Grandal at the end of next year (2019?).

Smfh.

with 10 game lead in late July, you don't think we can manage the course with Ryu and Maeda?

I know Ranma doesn't have much faith in them but I think they can manage, with spotting 10 games until Kershaw is back.

despite it all, Maeda is still sporting 1.19 WHIP and Ryu is clocking his fastballs in the MPH range reminiscent of pre-injury days. and this guy's best pitch is change up. with the velocity being up, it is bound to make his best pitch stand out, again.
ehhhhh f it.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#9 » by Kilroy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Neddy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:This seems like big enough news it deserved it's own thread... Let's hope he's back strong for the post season at the least.

good to know you are still with us, brother!

Always... I've been busy, but I've been monitoring when I can. 8-) It's one hell of a season!
I should be a little more active starting next month.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Neddy wrote:

Smfh.

with 10 game lead in late July, you don't think we can manage the course with Ryu and Maeda?

I know Ranma doesn't have much faith in them but I think they can manage, with spotting 10 games until Kershaw is back.

despite it all, Maeda is still sporting 1.19 WHIP and Ryu is clocking his fastballs in the MPH range reminiscent of pre-injury days. and this guy's best pitch is change up. with the velocity being up, it is bound to make his best pitch stand out, again.

Oh I think we are going to manage and survive his injury. We survived 2 months without him last year and I certainly believe we're in an even better position to handle an injury to him than we were last year.

My concern isn't making the postseason at this point. My concern is the postseason.
Is this a minor injury where he's going to recover and be 100% in October or is this a significant injury where he won't be at his best when he does recover?

Either scenario makes Yu a little bit more appealing given the injury problems/ histories on our staff.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#11 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:25 pm

4-6 Weeks

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#12 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Jon Morosi says Clayton has 7 quality starts in the postseason since 2013 tied with Mad Bum.

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Seems Like Recurring Issue to Be Dealt with Every Year 

Post#13 » by Ranma » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:40 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

No Brokeback on Mound 

Post#14 » by Ranma » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#15 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:11 am

Thank God it isnt a disc.
I doubt Kershaw was 100% last October and was just pitching through it.

No disc problem makes me think he's going to be just fine when he gets back.

Good to get his arm and body some rest.

Neddy
RealGM

Post#16 » by Neddy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:36 am

Kilroy wrote:
Always... I've been busy, but I've been monitoring when I can. 8-) It's one hell of a season!
I should be a little more active starting next month.

hell of a season, indeed.

Quake Griffin wrote:with 10 game lead in late July, you don't think we can manage the course with Ryu and Maeda?

Oh I think we are going to manage and survive his injury. We survived 2 months without him last year and I certainly believe we're in an even better position to handle an injury to him than we were last year.

My concern isn't making the postseason at this point. My concern is the postseason.
Is this a minor injury where he's going to recover and be 100% in October or is this a significant injury where he won't be at his best when he does recover?

Either scenario makes Yu a little bit more appealing given the injury problems/ histories on our staff.[/quote]

Rangers just announced that they are not planning to trade Yu this off season and pursuit the last wildcard race.

I smell BS. they want to raise the price. I think Willie is a goner. we will probably hang on to Walker, so it may be choosing between Alex Verdugo and Yadier Alvarez, and our reluctance to give two of our top 4 prospects, is what's dragging this.
ehhhhh f it.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#17 » by Kilroy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:32 pm

I think we'll survive the injury too...
What I'm really wondering though if this is more of a 'Shut down' than an injury problem... He seems to get us in a position to make the post season each season, and then when we're comfortable, he get's a strain or something. Then he's magically back when we need him again.
I wonder if we're just trying to keep the mileage down on him... I'm used to that in the NBA so maybe it's a little too 'tinfoil hat' for the MLB, but I was just wondering.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#18 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:37 pm

I swear we were just talking about making up an injury to keep his innings down and I hope it's the case for his 2017 and because i want him to finish his career as a Dodger.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#19 » by Neddy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:57 am

Kilroy wrote:I think we'll survive the injury too...
What I'm really wondering though if this is more of a 'Shut down' than an injury problem... He seems to get us in a position to make the post season each season, and then when we're comfortable, he get's a strain or something. Then he's magically back when we need him again.
I wonder if we're just trying to keep the mileage down on him... I'm used to that in the NBA so maybe it's a little too 'tinfoil hat' for the MLB, but I was just wondering.

man, I sure hope so.

and I don't think it is all that serious, because if it was Dave would have pulled him right there and then. I even have a suspicion that it was scripted for Kershaw to look lame early and have Dave go out there for the show. the fact that Dave let Clay go finish two more batters to finish the inning, tells me it could not have been that bad.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Catching Situation Down the Line 

Post#20 » by Ranma » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:09 am

I like your thinking. Barnes certainly can call a good game and his pitch-framing is good even if it's not at Grandal's level. However, for whatever reason, it's been obvious that Kershaw has been more comfortable with Grandal than Barnes. Maybe Kershaw has a bias for veteran battery mates a la A.J. Ellis.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers